Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

Hey Scaredy-Cat, Go To Bed

“She was struck down, it was her doom. Annie, are you OK?” ~Smooth Criminal – Alien Ant Farm

-Elizabeth POV-

“You know she wasn’t the one I wanted, right?” His voice sent chills down my spine. I could hear Jack yelling at me through the phone, but I felt frozen to the wood.

“How the hell?”

“Hey when you want someone as bad as I want you, you find a way.”

Tears stung my eyes; I really hoped that Jack hadn’t hung up. “JACK CALL 911!” I yelled so loudly that I began to cough, and it didn’t help when he griped my throat.

_____________________________________________

-Brendon’s POV-

I ran. The second I got the call, I ran.

It was around 5 when Jack called me in a panic. At the time, I was trying to get as much restless sleep as possible. Once I understood what Jack was calling about, my heart tried to break out of my chest. I flew out of Spencer’s house and ran, barefoot, to Elizabeth’s home. It was only 2 blocks away, and my feet were banging on the pavement at a fast and steady pace, but they needed to go faster. Jack said he had called the police and they were on their way, but I was still strangely terrified for my best friend.

When I got there, the door was locked, and I did something I hadn’t done in a while. “Thank you God, so much.” Even though I was at Spencer’s I still wore the necklace that had the house key on it, I tend to misplace things a lot.

With sweaty fumbling hands, I managed to open the door. Once inside I heard muffled screaming, then I saw him; the scum of the earth, touching my Elizabeth.

Wait my Elizabeth? Never mind, I'll worry about that later.

I ripped his pants-less body away from Elizabeth. “GET THE FUCK OFF HER!” A noise sounding strangely close to a growl emitted from my throat. Elizabeth grabbed her shorts and scrambled away. I felt the man jump on my back, and at that point I was glad Zack had become my trainer during the tour. I shoved him off and became even more enraged when I heard Elizabeth crying in the corner. I punched him in the face, then went to check on E.

Where are those damn officers?

Elizabeth was in hysterics as I held on to her. I saw blood but I couldn’t tell where it came from. Our tears mixed in the puddle of blood on the floor. A sudden stabbing pain penetrated my thigh. My vision went blurry as I crashed down to the floor, and sirens began to approach, the lights bouncing around the spinning walls.

Beautiful lights like Elizabeth.
_________________________________________________

-Alex’s POV-

No wonder Elizabeth loves Brendon. While I was passed out in my bed, after E had saved me from my self-pity, Brendon was being a man. He helped her; all I did was cause her sadness and worry. She deserves him…

I sat in the waiting room waiting for answers. As soon as the doctor came into the room our entire group: Jack, Zack, Rian, Spencer, Hayley, and I jumped up.

“Are they okay?” My eyes searched his face for any sign of distress.

“They’re fine. We’ve managed to stitch up Brendon’s wound. Thankfully the knife was short so it couldn’t make its way to the bone, but he definitely won’t be walking for a while. As for Ms. Starr, she was in worse condition; a cut across her cheek, some bruising, and of course the rape. Thankfully, we have no proof that he ejaculated within her so there is a minimal chance that she may have gotten pregnant during the event. There is also probable emotional scars.”

I wanted to murder the thing that had touched her. It was not a man, no man would ever do such a horrendous action, only things with no morality.

“Can we see them?” Hayley asked timidly. She had been silently crying the entire time as Spencer held her. The rest of us had been staring off into space trying to contain our anger and impatience.

“You may, although I believe the nurses just gave them a dose of morphine for the pain, so they may not be entirely lucid.”

We shuffled our herd to their room. We begged the hospital staff to give them a room together, and thankfully they complied. Ignoring the sounds of camera shutters, we walked into their room and a wide smile appeared on Elizabeth’s face.

“Hey guys, how’s it going?” Elizabeth asked. She was smiling, but it didn’t reach her eyes; she was putting on a façade for us.

Spencer went to Brendon’s bedside, it made sense, they had been best friends since high school.

“Where is he? I must murder him!” Brendon said sleepily, his eyelids drooping, even if he wanted to expulse his anger on a certain thing.

Soft snores came from his bedside, but Elizabeth seemed wide awake. “Oh Spence, how’s Lucy? Will she be a part of the wedding?!” Elizabeth was staring at the ceiling as she rambled. “Oh I hope this didn’t ruin your wedding, you’re too much of a marvelous couple to have something as small as this ruin such a special day.”

“Hey scaredy-cat, go to bed.” Jack said as he pet the top of her head. Whenever it came to Elizabeth, Jack was always treating her like she was his baby sister.

“We should let them rest.” Rian suggested. Everyone began to file out except Zack.

“Where’s Zack?” Rian asked once we were out of the hospital. Soon enough he catched up to us, his eyes red and puffy, but he shot me a look and I shut up before I said anything. We had a massive sleepover at Spencer’s house, but it wasn’t the slightest bit of fun. All of us were quiet and thankful that two people, whom had grown to become family, were okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this came a bit faster than the other one, and hopefully you like it just as much, even though these recent chapters have been quite the downer.