Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

I'm Melting Due to Girlyness!

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski

-Elizabeth’s POV-
“Elizabeth!” I heard Solara yell from the living room. I ran out of bed due to the urgency in her voice.

“What?! What happened?!” I looked around the house looking for any signs of distress. Solara was laughing as she handed me the phone and I just glared at her as I walked back to my room and wrapped myself back in my covers.

“Hello?”

“Hi are you Elizabeth Starr?”

“Yes, may I ask who this is?”

“I’m the manager of Panic! At the Disco and I would like to inform you that you have passed the background check. I suggest grabbing a pen and a piece of paper to write down the address.” For a second I was speechless, I had totally forgotten about the audition. Now it all just seemed surreal, I actually had to go to L.A. and audition.

I hastily grabbed a piece of paper from the floor and a pencil. “Okay I’m ready.”

The manager told me the address and wished me luck. When I got off the phone, I was sitting on my bed gawking at the address in my hand. Solara came in with a huge smile on her face.

“You’re going to be in a band!” Solara sat down next to me on my bed, and handed me a brush. I looked at myself in the mirror for the first time that morning, I grimaced. My brown hair was sticking up all over the place and my hair tie was nowhere to be found. I brushed my hair and brought it back to my normal hairstyle, medium length hair with side bangs.

“Much better, thanks Sol.” I looked down at the address in my hand. “Guess I should get a plane ticket, and tell my parents too.” I was still slightly in shock; I was one step closer to meeting Brendon Urie, and Spencer Smith. I didn’t know whether or not they would be at the audition, but I was still thrilled.

“So you definitely have to be there the 14th and your best bet is to stay there through Monday, just to make sure you’re still there while they contact you about getting into the band.” I stared at her yet again with my brow raised. Solara just shrugged. “What? Your optimism has rubbed off on me.” Solara grabbed her laptop and brought it back to the room. “I found a really cheap two-way flight and a pretty cheap, yet nice, hotel. All you need to do is enter your info, and you’ll be going to L.A.”

I grabbed my wallet and took out my credit card. Overall it wasn’t that expensive, and it was nice to get away before graduation.

I got up and ready for the day. I decided I needed to call my parents and tell them about the audition, then pack.

“Hi Mom.”

“Hola nena. [Hi baby]” My mom replied, she isn’t the best at speaking English.

“Well guess what?”

“Que pasó? Algo malo? [What happened? Something bad?”

“No, I just wanted to let you know that between the 13th and the 16th I’ll be in L.A.”

“Por que? Tu graduación esta en la esquina. [Why? Your graduation is at the corner.]”

“Mami, I’m going for an audition to be in this band I really like.”

“Okay, pero quédate. Te amo, me llamas todo los días.[Take care of yourself. I love you, call me everyday.]”

“Will do mami, tell papi I say hi. I love you.”

“Chao, nena. [Bye, baby]”

Solara walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. “So, time for shopping?”

“Shopping?”

“E, you are going to meet a bunch of hot guys, you’re going to need new outfits.” Solara said as she put on sandals and dragged me off the couch.

“What’s wrong with this?” I asked as I pointed to my Invader Zim tee, my ripped skinny jeans, and my worn out converse.

“Elizabeth, you know I love you right? So this is for your own good. You need to be a girl.” Solara tried to say seriously but ended up laughing hysterically. I shook my head at the idea of shopping. Solara grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the front door.

“Damn, for a skinny little white girl you’re strong as hell!” I said as I tried to release her grip. Solara did eventually release her death grip once we got into the car. “So are we going to the hot topic or something? I’ve wanted this Alice and Wonderland tee. Ooh, also the Paramore, and Blink 182 T-Shirts.” My mind was already in Hot Topic mode; the mode in which I want to spend hundreds on a bunch of T-shirts.

“No. I am not letting you near that store, you are going to get girly clothes at Forever 21, Abercrombie, and Hollister.”

“But mom!” I said jokingly. “I’ll agree on getting dresses and stuff, but I’m still going to Hot Topic. Oh god, how the hell did I get myself in this?” I shook my head and waited until we arrived.

________________________________________

“Ugh! I’m melting due to girlyness!” I said as I dramatically fell to the floor. My dress I was trying on curtained over my knees as I feigned death.

“Stop being such a baby, it’s not so bad. It’s a simple black dress, also those brown heels I made you put on don’t look all that bad with it.” Solara said as she helped me off the floor. “Now go and try the others.”

In the end I came out with 5 dresses and two pairs of heels.

“Now can I please go buy my tee’s?” Solara nodded reluctantly. I ended up with 6 shirts, Paramore, Blink 182, Alice in Wonderland, Framing Hanley, Ninja Turtles, and Gears of War. Also I got a Gryffindor satchel.

“You better not only bring those T-shirts!” Solara said as I began to pack. “Bring at least 2 dresses and a pair of heels por favor!”

I rolled my eyes and packed what she demanded along with the clothing I actually wanted. I also packed my lucky converse. The converse were originally white but I took cloth markers and drew the Beatles’ abbey road cover, although the background was a hodgepodge of colors. The last time I wore them I took my final exams, passing all of them with flying colors. The first time I wore them I went to a publisher to see if I could publish my book. I succeeded and ever since them I only wore them when I really wanted to get lucky.

I finished packing at around 8 and just daydreamed about what L.A. would be like, until I fell asleep.