Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

Brenny-bear, Let’s Get Shit Faced In Paris

” All my islands have sunk in the deep, and I can hardly relax or even oversleep, but I feel warm with your hand, in mine, when we walk along the shoreline… So tell me darling, do you wish we'd fall in love?” – Owl City: The Saltwater Room

-Elizabeth’s POV-

I figured being in a foreign country would lower my chances of having run ins with paparazzi, nope, they’re still vultures. I couldn’t just enjoy my cup of tea; I heard the constant camera flash, and shuffling through the bushes, not the best background music. A group of girls were walking past the café when they spotted me.

“Elizabeth Starr?” One of them exclaimed and they all turned towards me as I awkwardly waved.

“Bonjour.” I said shyly, my French isn’t all that great; I never got past the 1st month of French 1.

“You’re from Panic! At the Disco, right?” Asked the blond, she had a thick French accent, but I could at least understand her.

“Yes I am, glad to be recognized.” No I wasn’t.

“Are the rest of them here?” she asked eagerly.

“No sorry to disappoint but it’s just me.” I swallowed hard and for the first time, I really wished I had no fans.

“It’s okay, can we have a picture?” She asked politely, not noticing my awkwardness.

“Sure.” I suddenly became self-conscious of my wind frazzled hair and poofy winter coat.

Once they were gone, I practically ran to the safety of my hotel. It was a nice little hotel, discreet yet beautiful. Well, I thought it was until I saw the sea of people being barricaded by security. Many had signs, things like ‘I ♥ Brendon’, ‘Panic! At The Disco is my love!’ ‘Marry me!’ I already knew exactly who was awaiting me in the lobby.

“Sorry Ma’am, you can’t go in unless you have a room.” I was reaching towards my purse for my key when I got the sudden urge to just thank him and walk away, leaving my belongings, and Brendon, behind. Of course my brain knew that I needed to face Brendon, but my heart just wanted to run away as fast as my legs could carry me. Why do I have to be so freaking rational? I pulled out my key which the guard immediately recognized and let me through. I then heard the screams of fans when they realized who was going through the doors.

“The bloggers will have a field day…” I sighed as I walked through the lobby straight to the familiar sleeping form.

“Wake the fuck up.” I kicked Brendon’s shin lightly.

He startled awake and looked up at me as if I wasn’t real. “Elizabeth…”

“Why did you follow me?” I searched his face for the answer and held back tears; can’t I ever just escape my life?

“Because you’re unstable.” Brendon said, but he second thought it and seemed to have an internal argument in his head.

-Brendon’s POV-

Just tell her the truth!

No, it’s not the right time.

You just don’t want to get rejected, but it’s now or never buddy!

You, conscious, infuriate me.


“No, it’s not because you’re unstable, it’s because I love you…” I felt the heat rush to my cheeks, I couldn’t read her expression, but I couldn’t help but feel the sting of rejection rising to my gut.

There was a sudden feather light pressure on my cheek. “I love you too Brendon, thank you for coming.”

Elizabeth began walking away and I followed like a lost puppy, what can I say, I’m kind of stupid in love.

She sat down in the middle of the fluffy looking bed and took off the coat. “How’d you know?”

“The internet, fans were taking pictures, I saw that it was written in French, and then I went to about 7 other small hotels and finally the receptionist said she saw you, and I waited.” I could see the small smile crawling across her face, but she quickly got rid of it.

“Thank you for the trouble.” Elizabeth patted the area next to her.

“So why did you leave anyway?” I sat next to her and began to think about wrapping my arms around her and pulling her closer, but I didn’t want to push anything.

“I needed space. I hate being on suicide watch, I’m not some frail little girl. I’m a grown woman who needs to cope with some terrible problems. All I need is time, not suffocation.” She was taking deep breaths, and I could tell she was holding back tears, and I decided I wanted to console her, so I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her top my chest.
“Sorry for that suffocation, but about the suffocation at home, I’m sorry. We’re all just really worried, thankfully no one in our bands has gone through what you’ve had to endure, so none of us know how you are truly feeling, we just know things from T.V. shows. Although Solara did show up, and she gave us her insight, and it made us worry even more, but I guess you’re just tougher.” I smirked and kissed her forehead.

“Brendon, I’m not tough…”Elizabeth collapsed into my arms and cried heavily. I ran my fingers through her hair in an attempt to soothe her.

“You have me; we can use each other’s strength, use mine.” I whispered into her ear. She felt so small and helpless in my arms. “I’ll always be here.”

“I have so much to thank you for…” Elizabeth wiped her face with a tissue from the night stand. Once the tears were gone, she attacked my lips with hers. “I love you so much.” She began to unbutton my shirt, and even though I really wanted to continue, I stopped her.

“Elizabeth, don’t do something you’ll regret later.” Both of us were flushed, and breathing heavy.

“I want to get rid of his touch, I want your touch. He took my virginity, but I want you to be the first person I choose to make love with. Please, replace the memories that man made.” Her green eyes were looking up at me in such sadness, it was so hard to say no.

“I’ll get rid of him when you have a clear head. Right now you need a goodnight’s rest, and we’ll talk about it later, besides, I don’t have any protection.”

A small smile slipped on her lips. “I love you so much. But you’re right; I’m a bit crazy right now.” Elizabeth slid off my lap, but was still close. “I find it really sweet that you didn’t bring protection though…” Elizabeth whispered so softly I could barely hear her.

“And why is that?”

“Because it means you definitely weren’t thinking of getting laid, you really do love me and just want to help me, I wish to wait for a while, but I want us to happen eventually, promise me?” Elizabeth held out her pinkie, and I intertwined mine with hers. “Pinkie promise.”

Elizabeth’s cell phone rang, and I guess she finally decided to answer it since I had already found her.

-Elizabeth’s POV-

I almost had sex with Brendon Fucking Urie. Screw ‘Thank God For Esteban’ more like ‘Thank God For Brendon’.

“Hey Alex…”

”Why the hell haven’t you been answering?! Is Brendon with you? He left in such a hurry he forgot his phone.

“I’m fine thanks for asking. But I just needed an escape from reality, and yes Bren is with me making sure I’m safe and sound, don’t you worry your pretty little head.”

“When are you coming home? I miss you.”

“I don’t know, probably soon, but I need my sanity time, so don’t worry about me, I’ll be with Brendon, but my phone will be off.” I hung up on Alex, I didn’t want to think about life at home, about the break up with Alex, his suicide attempt, the rape…

“Brenny-bear, let’s get shit faced in Paris.” I proclaimed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, school is a killer, and I've been distracted by reading amazing fanfics, like http://stories.mibba.com/read/393269/Six-Feet-Under-the-Stars/ I probably won't start working on the next chapter till the 23, so it might take a while, sorry.