Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

Did You Just Give Me A Hicky?

“As humans we are meant to survive… We’re like cockroaches, except in nuclear wars… Cockroaches are just that bad ass.” – Gaby M. (me)

-Elizabeth’s POV-

Brendon wouldn’t let me. He held on to me, and wouldn’t let me walk out of the room. Although in all honesty, once enveloped in his warmth, I didn’t really want to leave anymore.

“I’m so scared…” I whispered into his chest. I had finally admitted it and it seemed to lift a weight off my shoulders. Brendon hugged my body closer and kissed the top of my head.

“I won’t leave your side, not unless you want me to, because honestly, I’m kind of scared too.”

Having Brendon admit he was scared made me feel better than I could ever imagine. I felt warm, loved, and like for once, I wasn’t alone. So much had changed in the past weeks, it was all swish swirling in my mind, but the one constant was Brendon, and I wished with all my might that he would continue that pattern.

“Can we just stay here in France? Never go back to La-La Land?”

“Sometimes I wish the same thing, but then I remember the wonderful music, and I get this warm feeling, and of course my lover is back in L.A.” Brendon smirked as he saw my reaction. “No not Sarah, more like Spencer, he is my ultimate love, sorry E.”

“Darn that Spencer, but I wonder do you do this,” I kissed Brendon passionately on the lips, and smiled slightly when he kissed back. “…with him?” I asked breathlessly.

“You are much better at it.” I laughed and rolled my eyes. It felt good to not have to force laughter and smiles.

“Well I don’t think I can say the same concerning Alex, he was quite good. “ I knew I had pushed the right button when Brendon started trailing kisses all around my face and neck, then kissing me in a way that if I had lipstick on, it most surely would have been transferred to his lips. I felt a small bite on my neck and my eyes grew wide.

“Did you just give me a hicky?” I asked in disbelief as my hand flew up to the bite mark.

Brendon blushed, “Sorry, I kind of got carried away…”

I answered back by kissing his neck and leaving my own hicky. “Oops, seems like I got carried away.”

Brendon chuckled and gave me a peck. “Today has been quite the eventful day.”

“Nope, my life is much too boring.” I joked.

“Invisible Monsters reference, nice.”

“I have to go back sometime don’t I?”

Brendon nodded and pulled me close.

“We’ll check out tomorrow, get some flights. Guess I’ll have a lot to explain when I get back.”

“It’ll be okay, you have me right by your side.”

“I owe so much to you.”

“You can repay me by becoming my girlfriend.”

“Easy enough.” I gave him one last peck before I drifted off into the most peaceful sleep I had in a while.

_______________________________________________________________________

The plane ride home was nerve wrecking. I didn’t know what I was going to say to anybody, and I had no idea how I would even be able to look at Alex. Brendon constantly squeezed my hand as reassurance, I was so thankful for him.

As soon as I saw our group hanging around the airport, my eyes welled up with tears, even if I had gone away from them, it didn’t mean I hadn’t missed them like crazy. I ran to Spencer and gave him a big hug as he lifted me off the ground.

“I’m beyond happy that you are safe.” I felt tears appear as I saw the worn look on Spencer’s face, I had obviously caused him much distress, and I kind of hated myself for it.

“I’m so sorry” I whispered as I went on to hug everyone else, leaving Alex for last.

“Glad you’re back.” He wouldn’t meet my gaze, and I just wanted to hop back on that plane.

“Listen Lexi, I’m not going to stand here and pretend everything is okay when they aren’t. I want to talk with you in private at some point. Please just give me that.” I wanted to be the one to tell him about Brendon and I. Sure it might pass off as gloating, but I don’t want him to think I’m sneaking around behind his back.

“Sure, anytime you’d like.” Alex was still avoiding my gaze as he shoved his hands in his pockets and walked towards the van they had brought. I turned around to Brendon and wished to hold his hand.

I had completely forgotten about the very prominent hicky on my neck, and by stretching out my neck as I turned, I was certain Spencer saw it, and oh boy was I right as he held Brendon and I back like a teacher would to rowdy children.

“What happened in Paris?” he asked seriously as he pointed to the matching hickies.

“Nothing completely serious, I promise. Brendon just got a bit carried away and I wanted my revenge.”

“How are you going to tell the others that you are together?”

“Well I think for the most part we can just tell everyone.” Brendon chimed in.

“But I want to take care of Alex myself, I feel like I at least owe him that.”

_______________________________________________________________________
I wiped my palms on my pants and turned to Brendon. “God, I feel like I’m telling him I’m pregnant and he’s the father or something.” Brendon’s trick to get me to calm down was to wrap his arms around me and sing a peaceful melody.

“It’ll be fine and dandy, I think Alex has to know by now, or at least have his suspicions.”

“Even if that’s true, it still feels weird.”

_______________________________________________________________________

“Hey Lexi.” I greeted him timidly.

“Hey Liz. Just so you know, I already know.”

“Know what?”

“About you and Brendon, it is beyond obvious. The way you looked at him for strength as you caught sight of us at the airport, how you kept glancing at him, and of course the matching hickies. Sure it sucks knowing that it’s no longer me who gets to kiss those gorgeous lips, but he’s better for you than I ever was.” I was in shock. Besides that one night, I had never heard Alex sound so serious.

“But you need to remember that you are absolutely amazing Alex, and girl would be lucky to have you, but you just need to find that one girl that makes your head rush the way you say I used to.”

“I’m all sorts of fucked up. Sure the fans want me, but they don’t know how disturbed I am.”

“Everyone has their baggage, in our little group, you are not the most fucked up person, nor the least, besides, don’t let your past dictate your future because that is all it is and ever will be. The past is just a story you need to forget so you can move on.” I stopped to think for a bit. “I want to adopt.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I've been gone so long! Christmas and New Years was super hectic, but incredibly amazing. By the way, if you haven't read Invisible Monsters - Chuck Palahnuik, then go to the library right now! Oh and pick up The Hunger Games too, I'm on the 2nd book now but the first was amazing.I'm thinking about starting a new story that centers around a poor girl who gets discovered by All Time Low, would you guys think it'd be interesting, or just a waste of my time?

Now Time for shameless self-promotion: My Sims 3 story - http://hysteriawithoutanaudience.wordpress.com