Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

I’ll Punch Your Face In. ‘Sweet Cheeks’

You can’t take me out! Let's see how well you guys do with my left side! -Brendon Urie

-Elizabeth’s POV-

Alice is a bright girl. The homeschooling was moving along fantastically and she was a whiz at math, now that she has the technology to enable her. I couldn’t be more proud of her; she was so determined to prove herself to the world.

Brendon was as cheerful as always, happily going along with anything thrown at him, and he is pretty darn good at putting a smile on my face. I really should thank Sara for breaking up with him, it finally gave me a chance.

Of course no one can stay happy for too long, but we’ll get back to that later.

Haley pulled me away from the crowded bus and into the frigid London air. “Eli, I need your help. I think I’m pregnant.”

I felt my eyes go wide. “Oh my goodness Hale! Have you told Spence?” Tears threatened to burst out of my eyes, but I made sure to push my own feelings away; why ruin Haley’s happiness with my own problems?

“No, I’ve just told him that I don’t feel good, but it’s been going on for 3 weeks or so. Will you please come to the gas station with me? I have to know.”

I nodded and poked my head back in to tell everyone that we were going for a walk, everyone nodded but Alice asked if she could join in. I looked at Haley for an answer and she nodded. I motioned for Alice to grab her jacket and join us outside.

Once Alice closed the door behind her she immediately looked at Haley and said, “Are we checking if you’re pregnant?”

Now it was Haley’s turn to go wide-eyed. “How do you know?”

Alice shrugged, “We live in close quarters, I noticed you didn’t drink last night, you’ve been feeling nauseous, and I’ve caught you with your hand on your stomach, with a pensive smile plastered on your face. Now we’re walking to the gas station with no guys around; deductive reasoning.”

“Damn you’re smart.” Haley smiled and hugged Alice. “But thank you for not sharing your discoveries with anyone else, because yes, we are going to get a pregnancy test.

We walked hand-in-hand to the nearest gas station; I could tell Haley was shaking with nerves and not just the cold. The clerk kept looking at us funny while we looked at tests and gathered some junk food. We went up to the cashier and now his gaze was just plain creepy.

“Hey sweet cheeks, I can be your baby daddy.” I shuddered when he licked his lips and winked at me, I took it as his failing attempt to be seductive. Even in a British accent, creepers are still creepers.

“Keep talking like that and I’ll punch your face in. ‘Sweet Cheeks’.” I walked out bags in hand.

“Feisty, I like that in a whore!”

I wasn’t looking and of course I’d run into someone. “Oh, sorry!” I apologized and started to walk away, hoping Alice and Haley would stay clear of any other creepers. If only I could say the same for myself. The man’s hand grasped my bicep tightly, and before he could say anything, I kicked him in the gut and dropped the bags as I went towards a shocked Haley, Alice… and Spencer?

“Are you guys okay, and Spence, why are you here?”

“You could play soccer.” I recognized that voice and quickly looked behind me to see a winded Brendon holding his stomach.

“Oh crap, I am so sorry; I got scared.” I hugged him and felt his safe warmth envelop me. Brendon held me close to him and it was like nothing else mattered.

“I understand.” He whispered as he kissed the top of my head. “And we’re just here to make sure you guys don’t get hurt. It’s a bad time to go on a walk by yourselves.” None of us had noticed Spencer going to pick up the bag, until he dropped it and ran to hug Haley.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I don’t exactly know myself, I wanted to make sure.”

“Why don’t we all go somewhere and check?”

We all agreed to go to a nearby restaurant. I would say it was the British equivalent of Denny’s. Alice, Haley, and I made our way to the bathroom and waited the 3 minutes for the test to show. All of us were nervously waiting for the little pink plus.

The second it appeared, all of us gave out the breath we had been holding. Haley has tears in her eyes as we exchanged hugs and made our way to the table the guys had gotten us.

The second they saw our faces they grew wide smiles. Spencer and Haley were going to have a baby.

Back at the bus when everyone had gone to sleep after hearing the Smith’s news, I was in my bunk, and there in the deafening dark I couldn’t help but let the tears stroll down my cheeks. Even if Brendon could possibly hear me, I was just hoping that maybe he was in a deep enough sleep that he would stay oblivious.

It was so hard to know that I would probably never have a child of my own. I would never feel the warmth of another human being within me. Teaching my child to speak and walk. Sure maybe I didn’t personally think of being the mother role, but knowing that option was stripped away from me forever, it just left a gaping hole in me. Guess it’s true that you never know what you have until it’s gone.

I heard shuffling from Brendon’s bunk and I stifled my noise level in hope that he was just turning in his sleep. Do I tend to get my way? Nope.

Brendon poked his head into my bunk, with his cute bedhead, and normally he had a goofy smile but now his face was filled with sadness as he helped me down from my bunk. We walked to the movie room in the back, and sat down on the couch while I tried to collect myself. Eventually he broke the silence and asked what was wrong.

“I would say fine, but I know you won’t accept that. I just don’t know how to tell you. And I don’t want to steal Haley’s thunder, or have people worried about me again.”

“E, are you pregnant too?” Brendon had worry and surprise etched on his face. “Aren’t you a virgin?”

“No! Well no to preggo, yes to virgin.” The tears came back full force. “I may never be able to get pregnant.” I couldn’t catch my breath and I tried to cover my face, but Brendon held my head in his hands and looked at my face as if he was trying to memorize it.

“Elizabeth, I love you.”

“I love you too.” I choked out before he placed a kiss on me, filled with passion.

“Do you want children?”

“Honestly I don’t even know anymore.”

“Well I don’t care what the doctors say. I think that one day, when you want a child, you will have one.”

“Brendon, I love you so much.” I placed my head on his chest as we laid on the couch, slowly falling into dreamland, whilst in each other’s arms. We woke up a few hours later to a loud chorus of ‘awws’.

Sunlight was streaming through thee blinds as Brendon and I awoke to a bus full of smiling faces.

“Look at the two lovebirds!” Jack said.

“Is it really so late that even All Time Low is on the bus?”

“Yep, noon darlin’.” Rian pointed at the clock over him.

“Let’s go to waffle house!” Jack yelled as he dragged Alice and Alex out of the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sowwy it took so long to put up, forgive me? I've taken Shirley's advice and started writing the story at school then typing it up, so I atleast have about half of the next chapter written =D maybe I'll update again soon, and hopefully actually post the first chapter of my new story.