Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

So Our Love Meant Nothing To You?

”@JackAllTimeLow Wanna hold hands across the hallway? No eye contact.” – Alex Gaskarth’s twitter(AlexAllTimeLow)

The rest of the European tour went off without a hitch; I was excited when we went to Spain though. The boys got to meet my family, especially Brendon since they pretty much asked him every single question known to man. Right as we were about to leave for Portugal my parents told me that they completely approved, and it honestly made my heart soar. They also said they had wished that I would’ve told them about Alice sooner rather than waiting to get to Spain, but they were pleased with her as well and happy to have a granddaughter. I didn’t have the heart to tell them that unless I adopt another kid, she’s probably going to be their only grandchild.

We decided that when we got back to the states both bands would take a break, possibly work on new songs and then in a couple of months finally get back in the studio. Most of us needed a break; Alice was going to start her senior year at the local public school, Spencer had Haley and their soon to be son to worry about.

After about a week back Brendon and I dropped Alice off at school, she was so excited and it made me sad that I was so unappreciative of school back when I was in it.

In a spur of the moment, Brendon and I decided to park the car and walk to a nearby park. It filled me with such bliss to be able to walk hand in hand, with no interruptions, drama, or even the slight twinge of unhappiness. Music drifted towards us and it seemed to be coming from the center of the park, sounding kind of like a cover band of The Beatles, but it wasn’t one of their songs I had ever heard of.

Some people never change, they just stay the same.” The lyrics flooded us and immediately Brendon stiffened next to me.

“Hey babe, what’s wrong?”

“It’s Ryan’s new band, The Young Veins. They’re on hiatus but I guess they still play around.”

“Oh yea…you know what? Fuck ‘em, shall we go somewhere else?” The music ended before Brendon could answer, then Ryan and Jon walked up to us.

“Hey Bren, funny seeing you here.” Ryan greeted, and I could just feel the acid dripping on his voice.

“Yea, we’re taking a bit of a break before we head back in the studio, Spence and Haley’s baby is due soon, so we’re just chilling at home for a bit.” Brendon replied as he kicked dirt.

“Who is this chick, what happened to Sara?” Jon asked.

“Oh yea, I heard that she came out and now you’re with this chick, ironic huh?”

“Shut up.” Brendon gripped my hand tighter and still didn’t make eye contact.

“So our love meant nothing to you? Have you told your little girlfriend that you dated a dude? I looked and she said she was a Panic! fan long before she joined the band, like 2006 long. You never could control yourself on stage, always trying to kiss me in front of thousands, tsk tsk. And now it appears that Sara is gay, you’re gay, and still dating a guitarist. Oh, and you’re a fucking thief, singing my songs on stage.”

Brendon was hanging his head and taking everything in, since he was so obviously upset I decided it was time I let my Hispanic side get the best of me and let Ryan have an ear full.

Before I got to say anything Brendon interrupted me. “Listen E, please don’t hate me. I promise you that I’m not gay. With Ryan it was different; I fell in love with the person, not the body. With you, I’m not gonna lie, your beauty is what caught my eye, but I fell in love with you because that beauty was nothing compared to how amazing your personality is, and of course those damn Disney songs had me hooked ever since you auditioned.” Brendon had tears in his eyes and it broke my heart when he stopped me from speaking so he could continue his apologetic rant. “Please don’t hate me, I love you so much and I honestly am not gay, I could never do that to you.”

I hugged Brendon tightly and kissed him on the lips. “I could never hate you, I love you way too much for that. Anyways, the past is just a story and the present is all that really matters. I don’t care about past girlfriends, or boyfriends, all I know is that in your arms is where I belong, and vice versa.” I kissed him one more time before I turned my attention to Ryan, who was fake-gagging, and a high as a kite Jon.

“Thank you for failing at trying to rip us apart. Now to address your other accusations; you wrote and recorded those songs with Panic! At The Disco, so they stay with the band. You wanted to depart from the band and form your own little poser band, okay whatever, but Brendon and Spencer are still faithful to Panic! and its fans. Sorry to inform you but the 60s are over, and new music has arrived. Especially since your band is on hiatus all I think about when I look at you is ‘wasted talent’.”

“I’m guessing you don’t like The Beatles?” Jon asked before something else caught his attention, I think it was one of those slimy snails.

“Are you kidding me? I have been listening to The Beatles since I was just a little baby bump, before I had even developed ears! All of us just happen to be born in the wrong decade, the 60s were fantastic and The Beatles were The Beatles, and that is exactly what made them amazing. What made Panic! so successful was that it was Panic! The music dared to be different. Now your music is just a faux Beatles cover band.”

Now a crowd was gathering around us and videotaping the conflict, but I didn’t care.

“Telling me to stop faking it when you got raped and you pretend to be happy to have lost your virginity to a slime ball. When you stop faking it, maybe I will too.” Ryan said, and I felt Brendon shake before he pounced. Brendon punched him square in the nose, and kept wailing on him whilst Ryan was pinned to the ground.

“Brendon, STOP!” I screamed as I pulled him off. “Brendon, you need that hand. Calm down.” I rubbed his ear lobes to calm him and he eventually did get up. His fists were quite a bloody mess, and Ryan’s face was even worse. I grabbed Jon and took off his shirt and threw it at Ryan and began to clean Brendon’s fist with my shirt. People in the crowd were wooing, very few booing, probably because of the comment Ryan made.

“You fucking broke it!” Ryan yelled.

“You fucking deserve it.” Brendon said as he tried to stop himself from lunging at him again. The crowd was very much in agreement with Brendon.

“By the way Ryan, don’t believe everything on the internet. I had several breakdowns, which Brendon helped me through. I may not be as happy as I once was, but I’m working on it. Also, I may have been raped but losing your virginity is a choice; it’s a choice to trust someone with your heart, soul, love, mind, everything. Did I give it to that man? Hell no, will I give it to someone I hope can give me all that back? Probably won’t be their first just ‘cause I’m a bit of a special case in this day and age, but whoever I do decide to give it up to I will love him, and he will be absolutely nothing like you.” I took a deep breath after my little monologue.

“Go Elizabeth!” and various ‘woot’s and noises were screamed throughout the crowd as Brendon and I walked away from the dismantled Young Veins.

_______________________________________________________________

Once we were back at home I collapsed in the couch and cried. We needed to pick up Alice soon, but I just couldn’t stop the tears. I loathed Ryan with a deep passion; while the rage still raged through my emotions I hadn’t been exactly aware of my surrounding. I glanced at Brendon and my heart skipped a beat, he was crying silently, so I scooted over to him and placed my head on his chest.

“Brenny bear, you okay?” I tried using his incredibly silly nickname to lighten the mood.

“I’m fine.” He said tersely.
“No, you’re not. Just tell me, was it what Ryan said?”

“Why didn’t you mention me when you talked about losing your virginity? Do you think I don’t love you or that we’ll last?” Brendon was wiping off the tears. “I love you so much, and you don’t know how scared I was of losing you at the park, and especially during the break in and your escape to Paris. I was so scared. I would give up everything for you, and now I’m wondering if maybe you aren’t feeling the same…”

“No, no, no. Trust me, I love you so much!” I took a deep breath. “I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want him talking about us.” I decided I needed to tell him what I’d been thinking for a while. “Brendon, I fully plan on eventually losing it to you; not today or tomorrow, but when I feel completely ready. I know that you’re the one though.” Brendon pulled me close and kissed me like there was no tomorrow.

_____________________________________________________

After our heavy make out session we decided it was time we headed to Alice’s school. Once we were situated in the car I looked at myself in the mirror to make sure I didn’t look all too disheveled. “Bren, when we get home, please shave.”

He chuckled and asked why, and then he looked at me and knew why.

“Yea stupid beard burn, lemme cover this up before Alice gets in the car.” We were waiting in line so it was a decent time to cover up the evidence before she got in.

“Why? She’s a teenager, we’re not her biological parents, although I very much consider her my daughter, but she shouldn’t feel squeamish that we were making out.” Brendon commented as I finished and the line started to move.

I rolled my eyes. “Think of what Spence and Hales were doing 6 months ago.”

Brendon’s face radically changed and he was screaming, “EW! THE IMAGES, THEY BURN!”

It was quite priceless, and I got my point across before an oblivious Alice entered the car.

Back at home Alice was in her room reading and I was watching T.V. with Brendon, by the way The Big Bang Theory is epic. When Leonard stood up to Sheldon, it made me realize something, and I knew it was something I must do.

“Hey Bren.”

Brendon paused the T.V. and raised an eyebrow at me.

“I want to see him. I need to see him to get closure. Can you come with me tomorrow?”

Brendon nodded and kissed me again, that is when I noticed that he had forgotten to shave, oh well.

____________________________________________

“Well look who’s visiting.” He said.

“I’m visiting to deliver you some news.” I said stalely. “Remember when you raped Solara, you kept saying ‘Have my babies’, and then you repeated that with me?”

“Best nights of my life, I know Solara didn’t get pregnant, she must be infertile. How’s the baby though?”

I smirked. “There is no baby. Solara is very much fertile, but you sure as hell aren’t. When they did the rape kit they found out that I’m almost infertile, but you are completely shooting blanks, unlike your younger brother. He has a very nice wife and 2 wonderful kids, a boy and a girl. You will never get to know the loving of a child, and you don’t know how much that pleases me.” Before he got a chance to answer I ran out of the room and into Brendon’s arms. “I did it, and I feel so much better. Thank you so much for being here.”

“Anything for you.” Brendon kissed me, man he really needed to shave!
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, that was a really long chapter but I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I seriously needed to get my frustrations out about Ryan and Jon. I'm not a hater though, I like The Young Veins, I just wish Ryan would try to achieve more than that. Also it pisses me off how they seem so resentful at Brendon and Spencer, but they act all happy, while Brendon and Spencer never seem to say anything bad about the Young Veins, and yet they seem a lot more upset. So in this chapter I tied up a plot string, which reading some of the chapters again I've realized that I opened up a bunch but I never acknowledged them in the next chapter -_- I really should work on that. VERY BIG THING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, i have it all planned out, I just need to write it and hopefully I'll have enough time during Spring Break. Au revoir!