Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

My Own Form Of Turrets

"The secret to my success is that I bit off more than I could chew and chewed as fast as I could.” ~Paul Hogan

-Elizabeth’s POV-

The day had come. I glanced down at my phone 4:00 P.M., Friday the 13th. Sure some were always skeptic about the date, but Friday the 13th’s has always been my favorite day; my favorite day of the week and my lucky/favorite number combined.

“Solara can you drop me off now?” I asked her, the nervousness in my voice incredibly obvious. Solara hugged me.

“You’re gonna do grand.”

______________________

“Solara I really hate you right now. I feel like I’m going to throw up.” I told Solara over the phone while I waited for my flight. My fingers drummed on my guitar case. The one thing I never parted with ever.

“I know, I know, but once you get in the band you’ll love me forever, and during interviews you’ll thank me in front of millions of viewers.” I could practically feel her smiling over the phone.

“Yea ok, whatever, now I’m gonna turn my cell off, I’ll call you when I get there.” We gave our goodbyes and I turned my phone off. Suddenly I felt a slight tugging on my jacket.

“Hi Miss.” said a cute little girl, probably around the age of 7. “Do you play guitar?”

I nodded and her eyes lit up.

“Do you know Taylor Swift?” I nodded again and she smiled, her two front teeth were missing. “Could you please oh pretty please play a song?” The little girl asked.

“Charlotte, leave the nice lady alone.” A woman said as she came over. “Sorry about that.”

“No it’s okay, I’ll gladly play a song.” I smiled at the two of them and the little girl sat down next to me, her mother next to her.

I grabbed my guitar out of its case. I quickly tuned my guitar and thought of the chords. Eventually I remembered the chords to Never Grow Up so I began strumming and singing along.

Soon a small crowd was gathered, what else is there to do when waiting for a plane anyways.

So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder that I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on

Wish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown up

Oh I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
I could still be little
Oh I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
It could still be simple
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
Won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
And even though you want to, please try to never grow up
Oh, don't you ever grow up
Oh, never grow up, just never grow up


I saw a few adults eyes glisten. Even though I’m not a big Taylor Swift fan, that song always evoked feelings. Little kids were now gathered around as well. A teen in the crowd requested a Relient K song, Which to Bury; Us or the Hatchet.

“Sure, but can you just lead me in with the lyrics, I know the chords though.” The blonde boy, who had requested the song, nodded.

"I think you know what I'm getting at
I find it so upsetting that"


The boy sang the first two lines quite shakily but I caught on and continued the rest of the song.

No, I don't hate you
Don’t want to fight you
You know I'll always love you
But right now I just don't like you
'cause you took this too far

Make your decision and don't you dare think twice
Go with your instincts along with some bad advice
This didn't turn out the way I thought it would at all
You blame me but some of this is still your fault

I tried to move you but you just wouldn't budge
I tried to hold your hand but you'd rather hold your grudge
I think you know what I'm getting at
You said goodbye and I just don't want you regretting that


Now boarding 1st class and people with young children on flight 164 to L.A. Came from the intercom, the crowd was thinning out as people collected their belongings and started to board the plane.

The little girl and her mother came by while I was gathering my stuff. The mother handed me a 5 dollar bill but I gave it back to her.

“No thank you, I’m not hurting on money or anything, I did it because I wanted to. You should spend that money on your beautiful baby girl.” I said and gave them a smile as I went in line, my guitar in hand.

Once on the plane I put my guitar in the overhead container then sat in the seat closest to the aisle. The other person could have the window, it would just make me feel worse. Even though I used to always travel in planes as a kid, I’ve always been afraid of heights. So I took my seat and blasted my music, all I had to do is stay calm for 5 hours and I’d be in the clear. Thankfully no one sat next to me and I could stretch out.

When the flight was over the flight attendant had to wake my drooling self. Embarrassed I quickly wiped off the drool and collected my guitar. I was finally in L.A.

_______________________________

The next morning I felt dizzy, I was actually going to do it. I was going to audition for an amazing band, and I was competing against a bunch of astounding people. I hugged my guitar. The Link sticker, I had put on it years ago, was peeling off and I tried to firmly place it back on. I was the 13th person in line and I was shaking with nerves. People all around me were practicing and they were remarkable. A lot of people had chosen bands like Fall Out Boy and The Academy Is…

Soon enough I was called in and my heart jumped to my throat as soon as I stepped into the room. As I opened my eyes to see who was in the room I had to hold back a fan girl squeal. I held back all emotion, but I did smile at Brendon and Spencer.

“Ok, so we’re going to pick one of our songs for you to play, then you are going to play one of your own choosing.” Brendon said as he looked down at the paper in front of him.

I nodded and the Spencer spoke. “Okay Elizabeth Starr, would you please sing Camisado for us?”

I nodded and cleared my throat before starting. I was so nervous I was surprised that I didn’t pass out or something.

I started off softly then suddenly my guitar and my voice became incredibly loud. I was so into the song that I nailed the high note and didn’t lose my way into the next part.

The look on their faces made me smile like crazy, I was glad to be getting such good feedback.

“Okay, so now what song are you going to do now?” asked Brendon. His eyes, oh god those beautiful brown eyes.

“Um, I know this is a bit strange, but I’ll be singing I’ll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan.” Randomly when I spoke it was with a British accent.

“Oh whoa, are you British?” Spencer asked.

“No sorry, it’s just that when I get really nervous I start speaking in accents, it starts up randomly, kind of like my own form of turrets.” I said, now I was using a strange Irish accent that somehow had a twinge of a Spanish accent.

Brendon laughed and I slightly blushed as I stared down at my ninja turtles tee-shirt.

“Sorry, it’s just that it’s actually pretty awesome to see someone that sings so perfectly, still have something strange about them.” Brendon said.

I just laughed it off and picked up my guitar again. I began singing, my eyes were closed most of the time due to me being so into the song, but the few times I did open them, I stared at them both with a warrior like ferocity in my eyes. Brendon began singing the background “Be a man”, and Spencer began drumming along with pencils.

“So, what do I do now?” I asked as I placed my guitar back in its case.

“We will be calling the people we want as callbacks tomorrow. If we call you we’ll give you the address and the time.” Both of them smiled at me.

I made a split decision at that moment. I may never be able to be near them again, why not take the opportunity? I ran to their table real quick and hugged them both at the same time. I then picked up my guitar and went on my way back to the hotel.