Status: It is technically finished, but I might add an epilogue later on.

When the Day Met the Night

‘In the Morning’ Means It’s Too Early

Actually you know what honestly, Elmer Fudd cause he carries a gun. So, you know, you're always protected and he doesn't let his speech impediment keep him down. He still hunts rabbits, wabbits ~Brendon Urie

(Be forewarned that this chapter contains exceeding amounts of cursing)

-Elizabeth’s POV-

I woke up to my cell phone ringing, my ringtone I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire by The Ink Spots. I groaned and searched the night desk for the source of the disturbance. Solara was always one to call me in the morning so I automatically assumed it was her.

“Solara, what does your face-ass-pants want so early in the goddamn morning?” I said, my voice still incredibly sleepy.

“Good to know you have no problem with saying ‘goddamn’.” Said a male voice from the other line.

“Connor?” I asked. I was stretched so that my elbow rested on the nightstand and the phone still reached my ear.

“Hmm, nope, sorry, try Brendon.”

It was too early in the morning and I wasn’t all that aware of where I was. “Wait from history, how in the Sam heck do you have my number? Are you some freaky stalker?”

“Don’t worry I’m not some freaky stalker. And I didn’t have history with you; I live on the other side of the country. My last name is close to urine.” The voice on the other end was trying to muffle his laughter.

“Hey don’t laugh at me!” I said groggily, kind of sounding drunk. “It’s too early in the morning, and you are doing some strange ass riddles. But I guess I can try; other side of the country, no problem saying goddamn, Brendon Urine. Oh fuck, I give up just tell me.” I said, I was trying to wipe the sleep from my eyes with my left hand. I heard the guy laughing now. “Damn it just tell me!”

“Brendon Urie.” Said the voice.

I jumped out of my skin the second I recognized the name. I landed face first on the floor. “Oww…” I sat up on the floor and rubbed my forehead. Brendon was now laughing uncontrollably. “Ugh you asshat-pendejo-puta madre![dumbass-son of a bitch]”

“So are you awake now?”

“Yes you douche.” I said and internally groaned. I’d already made such a big fool of myself. “So now why are you calling at this insanely early hour?” I said with a heavy Spanish accent.

“A) You have a foul mouth, B) its 10 in the morning, not exactly early. Lastly, C) we’re having callbacks today at Spencer’s house.”

“Yes…yes I do. ‘In the morning’ means it’s too early. Do you mean that I’ve made callbacks?!” I asked in an Australian accent. I mean honestly, who wouldn’t be nervous when talking to the incredible Brendon Boyd Urie?

“Already acting like a rock star eh? And yes, I am saying you have made it as part of the top 5. By the way, why the heck are you so nervous?”

“Blerg you, and oh my god.” I screamed with excitement into my hand. “Also why wouldn’t I be nervous? You are an amazing musician with incredible success.” I said and rolled my eyes at my Italian accent.

“Glad to know you’re happy about the news. And should I be nervous as well then? Because I’m talking with a published author, which has two pretty damn good books.”

“I am incredibly elated. Also I’m not nearly as known as you, or as awesome in general. So now, tell me the address and time so I can get ready. I’m sure you need to call the others.”

“You are such a pessimist! Also, I have you are the last person to call Miss. Starr.” Brendon said jokingly before giving me the address. “Ok so come around 12 and we’ll have pizza waiting.”

“Okie dokie Mr. Urine. And yes, I did mean to say that. Now goodbye while I get another hour of sleep.”

I heard Brendon chuckle as he hung up. That was the sweetest lullaby ever.

_______________ ______________________

I woke up about an hour later at 11:40.

“Shit, I need to take a shower!” I jumped out of bed and took a quick ten minute shower. I looked in the closet and freaked out. Inside was only the dresses I had brought out. I remembered that I had tried on several outfits and they were on the bed, wrapped up in the sheets. So I could either wear what I had worn yesterday, which was sweaty and gross, my pajamas, or a dress. I was leaning towards my pjs. I glanced at the clock, 11:55, I sucked up my pride and put on the black dress. I refused to wear the other dress. A golden clingy dress, which was much too short.

When I searched for my Beatle converse I found that one of the shoes was missing a shoelace. “Today is not my day.” I groaned and decided I didn’t have enough time to look for it. I opted for the brown heels and my red satchel. I grabbed my guitar case and flew out of the room, address in hand.

Once I hailed a cab it was already noon. I gave him the address and began freaking out. “Est midi, et je suis paniqué.[It’s noon and I’m freaking out]” I mumbled to myself. What would Panic! think of my lateness. Soon the cab pulled over at a nice humble home. I was surprised, the house was only two blocks away and I was only a minute late, nothing to worry about.

I thanked the driver and handed him his money. Before walking up the driveway I fixed my dress and hair. I had to admit, while in the company of perfection, it could make you self-conscious.; even if I hadn’t entered the house yet.

I knocked on the door and heard barking from the other side. “Lucy. Sit.” I heard Spencer’s voice say from behind the door as he opened the door. “Hey Elizabeth. Glad you could come, hope you don’t mind dogs.” Spencer said as I walked in. The house was gorgeous, but all I could think of was how beautiful the german shepherd was.

“Can I pet her?! She’s just so cute.” Before he could answer, the massive dog jumped on me and licked my face. I scratched her behind the ears as Spencer took Lucy off me.

“Sorry about that. She’s not exactly aware of her size.” Spencer tried to look at the dog scodingly, but he cracked into a smile. I mean who could deny love to that gorgeous creature?

“It’s completely fine. I am absolutely in love with dogs, especially big ones. If it wasn’t for me living in dorms for so long, I would’ve bought a rotty already.” I said as I sat down on the ground and pet Lucy some more. I didn’t even notice Brendon in the room until he poked my side. I was rubbing Lucy’s belly and didn’t want to stop but I did take the time to glare at Brendon.

“Well hi to you too.” Brendon said and Spencer laughed.

“Aww does little Brenny bear want to be pet too?” I asked in my “baby” voice. I then proceeded to rub Brendon’s belly and he pretended to shake his leg, like a dog who was really into the petting.

Spencer greeted people at the door and they payed little to no attention to Lucy, instead they kept kissing up to Brendon and Spencer.

Once the pizza arrived I reluctantly went away from Lucy. My stomach was growling so loud I was afraid the sound waves would cause an earthquake.

I grabbed the first slice I saw and dug in. Of course being me, I ate the crust first. “Hey who chose this pizza?” I asked everyone.

“I did.” Brendon said as he ate some skittles.

“Well then Mr. Urine, you have excellent taste, stuffed crust is always the best.” I said and continued munching on my delicious pizza. Lucy kept looking up at me with her huge brown eyes, just begging for a piece. “I’m sorry Lucy, you aren’t my dog, I don’t know what I’m allowed to feed you.” I stared down at her sad face; eventually I gave in and gave her a slice of peperoni when no one was looking. Or at least when I thought no one was looking.

“I should tell Spence you know.” Brendon said as he came up randomly, again.

“But you should have seen her face! She was just begging me with those eyes.” I held Lucy’s face close to mine and made a pouty face. “Could you really deny nom nom to this beautiful dog?”

Brendon was smiling and petted both Lucy and I on the head. “Don’t worry; I’m not actually going to tell him, mostly because I do it too.” Brendon said with a laugh as he fed Lucy with a piece of sausage.

“So why are you talking to me? Go mingle with people; I’m sure they’re much more interesting than a girl who absolutely adores this dog.” I said as I sat down on a couch and Lucy laid most of her body on me. I pet her back and rested my head on her furry shoulder.

“Actually you are pretty special. Lucy doesn’t get so comfortable with strangers so easily. It took her a couple of days for her to be so relaxed around me.” Brendon said as he sat down on the couch next to me. Brendon then brought my guitar case in his lap. “May I?” I nodded and he opened the case and brought my guitar out.

“I know she’s pretty old. She’s my first guitar, and is just plain epic.” I said while he noticed how used the guitar was.

“Well considering how amazing you play, I imagine this guitar is a couple of years old.” Brendon said as he admired the collection of stickers on it. It ranged from videogame stickers, to book stickers, and band stickers.

“Yea, I started playing guitar when I was 13, I’ve started piano recently though. Although I’m having a bit more trouble with that, I may actually need lessons. Dun dun dun!” I said while relishing in the softness of Lucy’s fur. I yawned and tried to stay awake, but I just ended up drifting off into sleep.

______________________

“Hey wake up” I heard in my ear.

I punched the person in the face as an automatic reaction. I wasn’t exactly fully awake until I heard the ‘what the fuck.’ “What. What happened?” I asked, not even realizing I had just punched someone.

“You punched me!” came a voice from the ground. I looked down to see who it was and noticed Brendon holding his nose.

“Oh shit not again!” I said as I sat on the ground to take a look at his nose. “So sorry about this, I tend to have really strange reactions when people wake me up.” I shrugged and made sure he wasn’t bleeding. “Ok, so it’s not broken, you’re just experiencing the pain of impact.” I said as I helped him get off the ground. “Again, sorry.” I said, and then took in my surroundings. “Wait, did I fall asleep at the party?” I grumbled when Brendon nodded.

Spencer walked in. “Hey what’s wrong with you man?”

“I punched him because he woke me up.” I said nonchalantly.

“Dude, I told you not to scare her!” Spencer said and lightly punched Brendon in the arm.

“Is today punch Brendon day?!” Brendon said as he flopped himself on the bed.

“Nope that is on your birthday.” I said as I sat down next to him. “Sorry for falling asleep, so what happened once I zoinked out? I’m sure you have some juicy wild party story to tell me.”

“Not much really. We mingled and announced who got in the band.” Spencer said.

“Ooh who’s your new guitarist? Is it that Zack dude? I heard him at auditions, and man he sounded amazing!”

“Check our facebook.” Brendon said once he sat up.

“Do you guys have a lap top or something? I don’t have a smart phone.” I said sheepishly.

Spencer passed me his iPhone which was already open to their facebook page.

Our new member and Lucy!

Below the caption was a picture of me sleeping on Lucy.

I jumped off the bed and stared at them in shock.

“What?!”

“Congrats on getting in the band; oh and the other guys asked us to congratulate you as well.” Spencer said, and then hugged me. Brendon hugged me as well and I just stood there not really knowing what to do.

I was the new member of Panic! At The Disco.