I'd lie&wait forever.

Frills.

“UGH, BOOOO!” I screamed as I sat on the couch, my own boredom swallowing me whole. It had been 2 days and I had not gotten a single call. I feared if I went out I might miss one of them calling, so I just stayed inside and read. Of course I was beginning to get frustrated with the fact that neither Frank nor Mikey had called. I at least expected Frank would want his sweater back, which I hadn't taken off since getting it. I wouldn't dare wash it either; I never wanted to lose the smell.

I stood up and stretched out my body, my back being a little sore from sitting on the couch all day.

“Mother fucking spectacularly gorgeous males that get our poor fragile female souls in jeopardy with their magnificent skills at getting our hopes up.” I grunted out, going to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror, looking my face over and letting out a sigh. “Who am I to kid, there is no way Frank or Mikey would EVER, in a million years, be attracted to me.”

I let a sigh slip through my lips and pulled off Frank's sweater, throwing it on the sink.

Who was I kidding anyway? I mean, I didn't even belong in this time, it's not like I could befriend them or even date them. One day I wasn't going to be here anymore. One of these days I was just going to wake up again.

I ran a quick brush through my hair and left the bathroom.

I was done waiting for their phone calls that just weren't going to come. I decided I wanted to do some more shopping. It had been pretty chilly these last few days and I really wanted to get some new sweaters.

I went to the front door, slipped on my shoes, ready to go when my thoughts were broken by a loud ringing sound. I felt myself jump out of my skin a little but I lifted my head to see that the phone a few feet away from me was blinking.

“Hello?” I said softly into the receiver, feeling butterflies break through my stomach.

“Hey Melly, it's Mikey!” I felt a smile creep onto my lips.

“Hi Mikey, whatcha doing?!” I probably sounded way more excited for his call than I should have been, but I mean...it wasn't my fault I thought he was cute or talented....

“Nothing, I was actually going to ask if you wanted to do anything today....” Mikey's voice dropped a little at the end, as if he wasn't sure about what I would say.

“Actually, I was about to go shopping. That's not really too fun, but if you want to meet me at the mall....We could maybe go and see a movie or something....” Neither Mikey nor I were completely confident in ourselves, that was extremely apparent. I mean, how did you expect me to be confident when I was hooking up with a future rock star? I mean really.

“Yeah, sure, that'll be-OW! Gerard, hey, give that back!” Mikey's voice was suddenly in the background and I found myself getting confused.

“HELLOOOOOO, girl my brother can't stop talking about....” I felt my face flush bright red. Mikey talked about me...to Gerard.

“Hi Gerard,” I said, a smile forcing its way onto my lips.

“WHOA! MIKEY, SHE KNOWS MY NAME!” I heard Gerard scream and I felt myself giggle.

“Of course, we met at the bookstore.” I said simply. “You gave me the Captain America comic.”

“Wait... That was you?!” Gerard said in surprise, I nodded my head but quickly realized Gerard couldn't see it. Man, I was an idiot.

“Yep, that was me....”

I suddenly heard some shuffling and found myself laughing when Mikey said a quick ‘Hello’.

“Well, that was a little unexpected. Did someone have too much sugar?”

“Possibly, I'm not sure.... So when do you want to meet at the mall?” Mikey asked quietly. I heard some talking in the background, and then I heard Mikey talking again. “Gerard wants to know if he can come too....” Mikey sounded a little disappointed, I was too, only a little, but at the same time I wasn't. I would have liked some alone time with Mikey… But this wouldn't be too bad either. I mean it's not every day you get to hang out with the Way brothers.

“Sure, he can come. Meet me there in a half hour?” I asked softly. Mikey said a quick ‘Yeah’, and we said our goodbyes. My stomach fluttered with butterflies as I thought about spending time with the Way brothers. Hopefully things wouldn't be too awkward, that would be horrible.

I ran into the bathroom, looking myself over in the mirror.

“This will simply not do.” I ran back upstairs into my bedroom, digging through my closet for something better to wear. I grabbed a red tank and black sweater, pulled on a pair of dark blue jeans and went over to the mirror to put on some make-up afterward. I took a quick glance at the clock, grabbed my purse and pulled out my keys, booking it down the stairs and climbing into my car.

I could feel my skin practically crawling with excitement as I made my way to the mall. Mikey and Gerard Way were going to dress me. I mean, really, what girl gets that? Outside of their wives and all....

I frowned a little as I started to think about their wives. It didn't really feel right now, I mean, I know they were married in the future and that wasn't this time...but I didn't necessarily belong here either.

I sighed, pushing my car door open, feeling a little discouraged now. None of this was real. None of it. So no matter how much I liked this time, it would eventually end, right?

The whole thing was a little confusing, really. I still had no idea when this dream was going to end, maybe this was like Inception or some shit. Maybe I was in a dream within a dream...Within another dream. So I'm here for like four years, or some shit like that.

If that was the case, I don't think I would mind too much, though it would make waking up really fucked up......

“Melly?” I jumped a little, whirling around, not really realizing I had already made it to the food court. I came face to face with Mikey Way smiling at me.

“Don't do that, you scared the living ba-jeeeeee-bus out of me. Are you trying to get me to piss myself?” I held my heart in exaggeration, offering him a smile which he returned. I turned to look at Gerard who was standing next to his brother, smiling widely at me.

“I'm sorry, I said your name like four times and you didn't reply. You must have been having some hardcore daydream.” I felt my face flush bright red and I turned my head towards the ground.

“Nah, I was just thinking too much. I have a tendency to do that, you'll get used to it. Anyway, let’s go shoppinnngggggg! I hope you guys are prepared for this torture.” I grabbed both their arms and dragged them off towards the closest store.

“You’re not one of those girls that spends four hundred thousand dollars and takes forever trying on everything, are you?” Gerard teased a little bit.

“Gerard, I am hurt. Do I really come off like a floozy to you?” I said in a sarcastic voice. He just laughed.

“I'll take your extremely thick sarcasm as a no.” I nodded my head.

“I really hate shopping. I can't stand it but I needed something to do, you know and I kind of wanted to get a few new sweaters.” I said simply, letting go of their arms once we had reached the store and went to one of the racks.

“What do you think of this?” I lifted my head to see what Gerard was holding, I found myself rolling my eyes at it.

“Jeez, you’re like my mother, trying to doll me all up. No, I like boy clothes. Comfort is WAAAAYY better than style.”

“Alright, so let me get this straight, you’re a girl.... Who likes comic books... And dresses like a boy? Could you be anymore perfect?”

“Yes. I like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings too. That automatically makes me cooler than most people.” I turned my head to see Mikey pull something out of a different rack. I felt my eyes light up.

“OOOH, I LIKE THAT!” I took two big steps towards him and ripped the shirt from his hands, practically drooling over the fact that it had the Foo Fighters on it. It was such an old shirt too, from their second album, I couldn't even. Mikey gave me an odd look at my fangirl moment.

“You've never seen this shirt before?” I looked up at Mikey. No, sorry Mikey, I'm not from your time, I thought, but of course I couldn’t say that.

“No, I haven't. I'm not good at spotting out good shirts.” I said instead. Mikey pulled the shirt from my hands and gave me a smile.

“Well that’s too bad, because I'm buying it.” I felt my lip twitch to a frown.

“But... but... I...” I pouted a little and he offered a smile.

“But we can have matching shirts.” He pulled another one out and handed it to me.

“What if I don't want to have a matching shirt with you, Mikey?” I asked in a very serious tone.

“That's just too damn bad,” I laughed a little, grabbing the shirt and walking back to where Gerard was skimming through shirts for himself, I assumed.

“I guess you and I will be twins now.” I said with a smile, grabbing a few sweaters that seemed to look good. “I actually wanted to ask you guys, you both enjoy books, right?” I asked, looking up at Gerard. He nodded. “Do you know any good books that I can read? My bookshelf is pretty bare.”

“Yeah, we have a whole bookcase back at our house. You’re welcome to borrow some anytime.” Mikey said, coming up beside me and offering me a smile.

“Melly?” I felt myself jump a little and turned around to see Frank at the entrance of the store. He came in, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, crushing me in a hug. “It’s funny I should see you here. I just called you but you didn't answer.” Frank stated, pulling back. I could feel Mikey and Gerard’s eyes on me but I kind of ignored them.

“Oh, I'm sorry. You didn't call while I was at home, so I figured - you know - you didn't want to talk to me or something.” I said with a shrug, feeling uncomfortable around Frank and Mikey at the same time. I was having fun with Mikey and Gerard. I mean, I wasn't about to ditch them for Frank. I wasn't like that. If Frank wanted to do something, he should have called earlier. Not that I was mad that he didn't call... It just put me in this awkward situation.

“Oh, well, I'll let you get back to shopping. Do you maybe want to hang out tomorrow or something?” I saw Frank shoot a quick glance at Mikey and Gerard, but then he turned his gaze back to me, his hazel eyes staring deep into my soul.

“Um, sure. I need to give you your sweater back anyway.” I said simply, giving him a half-hearted smile.

“Okay, I'll call you then?” I nodded my head and Frank walked out of the store after saying goodbye. He was with a few friends and I could see them watching from outside. A few girls seemed to be giving me dirty looks but I ignored it.

“Is that your boyfriend?” Gerard asked. I could hear the disappointment in his voice and could feel Mikey's eyes digging into the side of my head. I just shook my head.

“No, Frank isn't. We just met a few days ago. I went to one of his shows and he rescued me from his perv friend who kissed me.” I said in an angry voice. “Fucking asshole... It was definitely a nice way to waste my first kiss.” I spat, pushing through the clothes more aggressively.

“You've never kissed a boy before?” I looked up at Mikey, giving him a glare.

“Is there something wrong with that?” I hissed, now in a really horrible mood. “Because if you’re going to make fun of me, I'm going to leave. I get enough of that shit from my mother.” Mikey and Gerard seemed taken aback by my suddenly venomous voice; I honestly wanted to cry right now. I felt so embarrassed and angry. Embarrassed over the fact that Mikey was so surprised that I hadn't had my first kiss yet, and angry because I felt like they wanted to make fun of me. Everyone always made fun of me. Why would they be any fucking different?

“No, I was just...You’re so pretty... I didn't really....” Mikey was stumbling over his words, obviously worried I hated him now. He wasn't confident to begin with and now he seemed to be completely knocked down. I felt my anger disappear a little - now I just felt bad.

“I'm sorry... I didn't mean to get angry with you... It's just that I got teased a lot because of it. Most 18 year olds have had sex already. I'm just waiting for the right person... And I had been waiting so long for my first kiss only for it to be ruined by some drunk asshole who thinks he's the shit because he plays the fucking drums.” I let my hands drop from the rack and my head turned to look to the floor, my eyes watering a little.

“Well... You can just pretend it never happened. I mean, it wasn’t a real first kiss. It doesn't count unless it's real.” Gerard said simply. I looked up at him and he offered me a smile, tilting his head to the side with a sweet look in his eyes. I nodded my head and suddenly a shirt was shoved into my view.

“Like it?” Mikey asked, trying to break my train of thought away from the current conversation. I stepped back a little, laughing and looking the shirt over.

“I don't do frills,” I said, my nose twitching with disgust as I looked at the frills going down the middle of the shirt.

“You should do frills, though. I feel like it would look good on you.” Mikey stated, giving me a big cheeky grin that sent chills down my spine. I bit my lip. How could I resist Mikey Way when he was smiling? I mean, it's every fangirl’s dream to see him smile. It's not something I can even get used to.

“Fine, I'll try it,” I said a little exasperatedly. I grabbed the shirt from him and stormed off to the dressing room. God damn it, I can't believe I cracked. I hate crap like this, but I mean, Mikey's smile. How could you even... He looked so hopeful. Mother fucker, he will be the death of me. If he told me to jump off a bridge right now and gave me that smile... I'd do it. I would do it so fast.

I pushed the dressing room door open, growling at my own pathetic fangirl and peeled off my shirt, quickly replacing it and looking in the mirror. I didn't like it, I looked like a grandma. Only grandmas wore frills. It was somewhat of a cute shirt. I mean, it was a nice shade of light blue, but the frills going down the middle of it, right between the valley of my breasts, did not make me like it. I would probably wear it if the damn frills were gone.

“I want to see, so don't you dare change out of it.” I heard Mikey yell out from outside the room. I growled, pushed open the door and crossed my arms in front of my chest as Mikey's body swung into view. He grabbed the door, catching it so he could examine the shirt.

“I like it.” He said, stepping into the room a little bit. “Move your arms, I want to fix it...”

I let my arms fall and Mikey went to adjust the frills, I let out a surprised intake of air as his finger brushed over my skin, my stomach filling with butterflies. I bit my lip, staring up at his concentrated face. As he finished adjusting the shirt, his eyes connected with mine. I could feel time just stop around us, his eyes pulling me into some kind of trance.

“Did you mean it...” I whispered quietly. Mikey's eyes filled with confusion but I just looked down a little, feeling really shy, my feet shuffling slightly. “When you said I was pretty.... Did you mean it?”

“Yeah, of course, I mean, you are... Wow. I mean, I don't even understand why you even wanted to talk to me.”

“Why wouldn't I want to talk to you?” I asked, looking up at him. He lifted his hands and adjusted his glasses a little.

“Most girls don't like talking to me.” Mikey sounded sad. It nearly broke my heart. I wanted to murder any bitch who had brushed off my poor, innocent Mikey.

“I don't get why. I think you’re amazing....” I felt my cheeks heat up and Mikey looked up into my eyes. “I mean, I just... If it makes you feel any better, I think you’re really cute. And I was really... like... excited when you called me. I thought you weren't going to...” I looked away, my embarrassment taking over. I lifted my hand up, rubbing it against my head. I felt like I couldn't breathe for that second Mikey stayed silent, looking at me with surprised eyes. I thought someone had sucked all the oxygen from the room and I was suddenly left with nothing. “If you don't feel the same way that's fine...I mean...I just don't think you give yourself enough credit. I do think you’re really cute, so... I mean.... Please don't stop talking to me because of that... I just figured I might as well tell you that....” I felt nervous. I didn't want Mikey to not like me because I liked him. “It's really not a big deal or anything.”

“No, it's okay. Just a little shocking that someone would actually like me....”

“I don't see how it would be shocking.”

“Because, look at me.” Mikey said, waving at his body. I laughed at that, shaking my head.

“I have, and I think you’re perfect just the way you are.” I looked up into his eyes and his connected with mine again. “And anyone who can't see that needs to go fuck themselves because they will never be as good looking as you. Besides, something tells me you'll grow out of all this... And you’ll become handsome as fuck, and every girl that sees you will want to jump on you and hump you to death.” Mikey busted out laughing at this, shaking his head at my crazy idea. Funny though, that it was actually the truth.

“You’re weird.”

“Trust me. I know for a fact that you’re going to be in every girl’s fantasies one day and they will regret not fucking you now.” I pushed him out of the dressing room, closing the door and quickly switching shirts again. “And I'll buy this stupid fucking shirt, but just for you.” I said, hoping that would make him feel better. It seemed to because when I emerged he had a big grin on his face, over at the racks talking to Gerard.

The rest of the shopping trip seemed to go swimmingly. We didn't do much more after that, Gerard found a new shirt and Mikey had stuck with the shirt he picked out earlier. We both bought it and he told me that the next time we hang out we should both wear the shirt together so we can be twins. I, of course, agreed with this. We also discussed Star Wars a little bit. Holy hell was that boy into that movie. I swear to god, he didn't shut up after that.

“UGHH MY FEET HURT!” Gerard whined as we walked around the mall a little bit more. I gave him an apologetic smile.

“I should be getting home actually, it's getting kind of late...” I said softly, looking down at my watch that was wrapped tightly around my wrist.

“Okay, where are you parked?” Mikey asked.

“North Entrance.”

“Hey, Gee, do you think I could meet you at the car so I can walk Melly to hers?” Mikey looked at Gerard, who shrugged his shoulders, muttering a quick ‘That's fine’. I gave Gerard a hug and said goodbye before looping my arm through Mikey's and dragging him with me.

“You have honestly made me the happiest girl alive right now. No guy has ever walked me to my car.” I said with excitement, practically skipping through the walkways.

“You’re going to pull my arm off,” Mikey yelped, trying to slow me down but I was stronger.

“Well then walk faster,” I replied. Mikey groaned a little, speeding up and getting to pace with me. We were quiet as we exited the building and I looked out into the row of cars trying to identify where mine was. When I figured it out, I started to walk towards it, Mikey's arm still tightly connected with mine.

“So, why did you decide to walk me to my car?” I asked as my eyes caught a glimpse of the green paint on the vehicle.

“I wanted to be alone with you, to be honest,” I looked up at Mikey, my cheeks going warm.

“Why?” I stopped when we reached my car, pulling my arm from his and turning my body so I was facing him. He looked a little nervous now.

“If I was your first kiss... would you...” Mikey stuttered, his cheeks flushing bright red as he tried to force away his nerves. “Would you have been angry... if I kissed you right now... and it was your first kiss? Would you have minded?”

I was a little surprised by this, my stomach jumping into my throat.

WHAT IS AIR!? I don't think I can breathe.

“I....” I didn't even know what to say, Mikey wanted to kiss me. MIKEY FUCKIN’ WAY WANTED TO KISS ME!

“I.....I....” I tried to get something out again, but failed. I felt my head drop completely, I was so embarrassed; I couldn't even give the guy an answer. He probably thought I was rejecting him.

“I think it’s cute,” Mikey said softly, he looked unsure of himself. “How you get so nervous.” Mikey's hand brushed against my chin and I felt my eyes widen as he lifted my head so I was looking at him. “I'm not used to girls getting nervous around me...” Mikey whispered. He leaned in and placed his lips against mine. I could feel his glasses rub against my face a little, due to the face that he wore them on the end of his nose. I know you’re supposed to close your eyes during a kiss, but I mean, HOW DOES ONE CLOSE THEIR FUCKING EYES WHEN THEY ARE THIS SURPRISED?! I mean, I don't even, I can't even, I think I just broke. How does one even go about handling something like this?

You don't. That's how, you scream in your fucking head and you make your eyes all big, making the kiss super uncomfortable. Mikey pulled back and he smiled a little. I had kissed back and I knew that was all he was looking for.

“I'm... just... gonna go home... I uh... that was.... uh... Jesus Christ... I... Okay. Well, I'll see you later.” I felt like a robot as I walked to the side of my car and opened the door. I could see Mikey laughing at me a little, laughing at the fact that I was so utterly embarrassed right now, I couldn't even handle it. I think he broke me completely. I don't even know what to think, like... how does one think? Was it safe for me to drive home?

It felt so real, this couldn't be a dream. His lips were so soft and warm... And they fit perfectly to mine.

I climbed into my car, looking in my rear-view mirror to see Mikey walking back towards the mall. I lifted my fingers to my lips, touching them to make sure what just happened was real.

“Let me die.” I dropped my head onto the steering wheel, taking deep breaths. “I swear to god, I'm in fucking heaven.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update.
I promise to remedy that.
This chapter is really long too, so it took a little while.
Anyway, enjoy. Leave me love? <3
:)
Also, thank you to my pal Britney for handling the editing. She is wonderful.