Rivals For Love

Chapter 1

LIZ'S POINT OF VIEW

Its the end of a school day and I had to stay late to help some teachers. Everyone had left and I was packing up my things when...

"LIZ!" he yelled storming down the hallway. "Where are they?" He screamed angrily.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I responded in the sweetest voice I could muster.

"Dammit! Liz! I need those football pads for the state game tonight" he screamed angrily punching my locker.

I yelped a little in surprise "What the heck was that for?" I yelled.

"I need my football pads!" He said looking me straight in the eye.

--------------------------------------------------------------PAUSE-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok I am sure most of you are confused on what is going on here. Well let me take you back about 9 years to when I was in 3rd grade with a kid named Justin Gray. It all started on about the 4th week of school. Justin and I had been best friends in second grade and then went out separate ways over the summer. On the 4th week Justin and his buddies decided that it would be funny to humiliate me in front of the whole class. When the teacher left the room for about 10 seconds to go ask to borrow something that is when he struck. We were all reading in a circle on the carpet when he yanking my hair out of its perfect pigtails and called me a loser in front of the whole class. It was a pretty big deal for a third grader! I decided that I wasn't going to to take it and once we went on the playground I tripped in front of all of his cool buddies getting him back for what he did. From that day on it became a competition on who could one up the other,

--------------------------------------------------------------CONTINUE------------------------------------------------

"well I can't help you" i say grabbing my pack-back and turning on my heel.

"Liz come on!" Justin said furious.

"You want your pads back why don't you go search in the girls bathroom where coach. Jameson is take a nice long shower" I say winking.

"Fine. I'll get my girlfriend to go get them for me" He said smirking.

"Who would ever agree to be your girlfriend?" I ask with an amused expression

"Me" a high pitch voice coming around the corner said.

It was Amber the only girl in the school that I can pretty much not stand.

She snaked her arm around Justin's waist. "Hey baby." She purred as she shot me a glare.

"How could anyone date a skank like that?" I ask looking her up and down with disgust.

"Don't talk about her like that" Justin steps in defending her.

"awww how sweet." I say in a demeaning baby voice.

"You are so lucky you are a girl." He said under his breath stepping closer to me.

"I'm so scared" sarcasm dripping from my voice as I step closer to him. Looking him right in the eye.

"Luckily I'm a girl." Amber says as she ambushed me from the side slamming my head into a locker hard. Everything blurred around my vision as I hear Justin hmph in amusement. Amber came in for another blow taking my hair and swinging my head one more time into the locker before I could react. The whole outside of my vision starts going black and as I slide down the lockers holding my head as it throbs in pain.

"Ok Amber that's enough" Justin says pulling her away. As he watches me for a second to see if I am seriously hurt. I continue not to move as my head throbs in pain and just thinking hurts. "Come on Liz quit messing around." Justin says a little bit of worry in his voice.

I flinch as his words sound extremely loud as my head is throbbing. "Come on let me get you to the nurse" Justin say putting an arm on my shoulder.

"No I'm fine." I muster and try and stand only to fall into Justin before completely passing out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like the first chapter!