Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

I Don't Care Who You Are

Bridget’s POV

He was on top of his career and I was below the bottom of every other life-chain. It had been two months since I last saw him in person, and maybe the very last time I would ever let him stepped over me for my entire life. It was a very sunny day during the summertime in Northern Virginia, yet again, it was another gloomy day for me. Things hadn’t been going so smooth lately since I told my parents about the condition I was in, yet again, they showed me a lot support, even though I’ve had a hard time keeping the baby’s daddy a secret.

Vivian was sitting on the couch in front of the TV with a bowl cereal on her lap as she sip her morning coffee off her mug. She had been the one who’s always been there for me whenever I needed someone to talk to about how gloomy my day is. And she was the one supporting me through because basically she was the one who has to bear the noise of my morning sickness.

Being 20 and pregnant wasn’t easy at all. I still had to deal some shits with my college until Vivian and Gio convinced me to substitute all my classes to online. It was something Eric did when the band got bigger and he had to travel across the country to continue living his dream.

Vivian was supposed to take me to the doctor visit but just when I was about to ask her to get dressed, I realized her eyes were puffy and the panda eyes were just making me sure that she had definitely tried to keep something hidden from me, but I just couldn’t quiet figure out what was up for her.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I sat next to her and she put on her little smile.

“What time are you going to the doctor again?” She said with a trembling voice and I know something was definitely wrong.

“The appointment is set to be at 10 am.” I answered as she looked at the clock and sighed. “What’s wrong, really?”

She turned her eyes and stare onto mine as her body began to shake, but her mouth wouldn’t say a word about any of things that bothered her mind, and I know how that much of a stress could kill someone. If Vivian wasn’t there through all the days, I would’ve commit suicide and let two lives gone. Before she could even speak anything, she looked down at my direction as she rubbed my stomach and smiling wide with tears streaming down her cheek.

“What is it, Viv?” I asked her for more times as I pulled her into my arms, letting her cry on my shoulder.

“I’m fine.” She stated as she stood up and her cell phone slid down her lap onto mine without her realizing it.

Vivian made her way to the sink and washed her cereal bowl and the glass she uses, as much as I didn’t want to lurk through her phone, I couldn’t. I unlocked her phone and saw a picture of us her, Eric, and Cameron in his basement during summer 2008. It was one day before Vivian left for Boston, and two days before I went on a ride with the boys to meet Devin. Those little details scratched my head as I checked on her dialing list and saw a lot of missed calls from Eric.

Ever since that evening in Jammin’ Java, Vivian hadn’t been talking about anyone in TDF particularly. She had declared how ashamed she was to have Cameron as her cousin, yet again, she was supporting me with the baby who tend to be her future niece or nephew. It striked me that she had been building a wall between her and the band, and that kills her, for all we know.

I could spot Vivian tears streaming down her cheek as she was doing her dishes as our apartment’s bell rang and I went to get it. Jason was in front of my apartment, carrying my needs to keep my pregnancy healthy. He handed me those things as he walked through passed me straight to the kitchen, maybe wishing for something to eat and he found nothing but Vivian burying her face in between her knees on the kitchen floor.

Jason looked up to me as he looked concern about Vivian. Jason was not just being our friend, he was becoming more than that. He had became family for me, Gio, and Vivian. Jason bit his upper lip as he sat down next to Vivian, pulling her into his arms and let her cry there for a few minutes.

“Who are they becoming, Jas?” Vivian said in between her sobbing.

“Viv, the only jerk in that band is Cameron…” Jason said as Vivian cut him.

“And that Cameron dude is my cousin. Where is the responsible him I always look up to?”

Jason looked confused as I leaned down and asked her to get into her room. From how she looked, I could bet million dollars she hadn’t had any proper sleep since last night. She tried to argued me to not getting her to sleep because she had to drive me to the doctor as Jason then offered himself to drive me there and the next second I knew, Vivian had already suck her thumb and went to her dream world.

“That kid is such a mess.” Jason scoffed as he looked at Vivian’s door.

“She just missed Eric. You know how she and Eric used to be right? They used to be so cute together.”

“Cameron is such a douche!” Jason yelled as I went silent on his statement.

Jason then walked toward me and he pulled me into a hug. I know he had been hugging me a lot, but that morning felt different. The fact that people could already notice my belly bump somehow made me feel uncomfortable getting too close to a guy, but Jason, he made everything just fine.

Jason let me took my bath as we then went to the hospital and got me to my doctor. It was the first time I checked on my baby without Gio or Vivian. On the waiting room, he wouldn’t stop holding my hand and asked when would they let us in, and seeing his excitement, I was finally got mine. Well, checking my baby to the doctor had been fun when Vivian could always make fun of the nurse there or Gio would always told me that she would babysit for me, but having Jason by my side on a doctor visit was more than delightful. Finally, it was our turn to got into the doctor’s room, he had already waited for us inside with smile on his face.

“Good morning, Ms. Crowne.” Dr. Andrei said. “It’s nice to finally have you join us, sir. You can finally see your baby’s gender today!” he added as Jason looked confused.

“But he’s not…” I said, before he cut me off.

“Well, I don’t quiet want to know the baby’s gender because I want it to be a surprise, but it’s good to actually say ‘my son’ or ‘daughter’ instead of both. Besides, my baby’s aunts would love to know what to call it.” Jason said as he squeezed my hand and I went out of the world.

Jason then walked me to the bed inside the room as I lied down and Dr. Andrei set up his equipment. I gently lifted my shirt a little as he put on some cold gel on my stomach and I giggled to it meanwhile Jason was still holding my hand tight. His facial expression was so much calming than anything I have ever tried to calmed myself down.

“I’m not going to say this is accurate, because it’s only your third month of pregnancy, Ms. Crowne, but from the current result, you two are having a daughter.” Dr. Andrei said as he printed something.

Jason set up another appointment for the next two weeks and promised he would be there to know the development on my possible daughter by keep repeating the word ‘my’ in almost every sentence that has something to do with my daughter. Jason gently asked me out of the room and we went straight to his car.

“That was the most amazing experience I have ever felt.” Jason said once he settled on the driver seat as he noticed my uncomfortable. “why are you so quiet, Bee?” he added as I looked up to him.

“Jason, she’s not your daughter.” I said as I sobbed and Jason wiped off my tear. “You’re not supposed to do that…” I cried even harder.

“You know what? You deserve a guy that is there for you. Not his cousin. Vivian’s not the one who knocked you up, it was Cameron, and he let go of you, wasting his very own family.” Jason said as he leaned closer to me and the next thing we know was Jason’s lip on mine. “I have always loved you. And I really think pregnant woman is sexy.” He added as he winked.

“But I am pregnant with someone else…” I whispered.

“I don’t care about that. All I want to do is to make you and our daughter happy.” Jason stated as he pulled me into a hug. “Will you let me the guy who would take you to your every doctor appointment?” he asked as I nodded and gave me another kiss before he drove us to the downtown restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should Cameron kiss Bridget a forever goodbye?
There you have Jason and Bridget together ;)

-Amelia