Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

Let Me Back Into Your Arms

The band was setting up their show equipment once they got to Jammin' Java with the other band who's playing the show with The Downtown Fiction, only, they were a little more used to the place so setting up their instruments for the check sound didn't take that much of time. Within few minutes they were done setting their equipment, even though the show was still 5 hours to go.

Cameron bought a cup of coffee in Jammin' Java as they decided to walked around the city to wait for their turn to perform. Cameron drove the band's van as they passed Vivian's campus and Eric could only smile, letting the memories of the good old days took control of his mind.

"I can't do this anymore." David said, out of nowhere.

"Do what?" Cameron asked.

"I can't pretend like I'm an innocent in front of Gio. I have to tell her the truth." David said as he let out a heavy sigh. "Can you drive to her house, Cam?" He added as Cameron nodded.

Cameron drove the van to Gio's house as then David knocked on the door and he was told that Gio went to Vivian's new apartment which he never knew about. David asked for Vivian's apartment's address as Gio's mom told him and he asked Cameron to take him there.

"Vivian lives with Bree, right?" Cameron asked in doubted as Eric nodded. "That means I can get to meet Bridget there?" He raised his tone with a hopeful look.

"Let's just hope so." David mumbled.

Cameron entered the parking lot of the apartment as he spotted Bridget's car and he parked the van across her car and he smiled wide because that means Bridget was home. With a huge step he walked toward the room of the girls behind David and he rang the bell.

Inside the apartment, Gio and Vivian were in the kitchen, making something for their lunch as they heard the bell rang and Gio decided to get them.

"I wonder what they forgot to bring..." Gio said as she walked to the door and she couldn't believe she saw who stood there. "David?" She added as Gio hugged him.

"I miss you." David whispered into Gio's ear and her eye spotted Cameron and Eric and one other unfamiliar face.

"Hi, I'm wes." Wes said as he waved and Eric storm in the door to meet Vivian.

Vivian was still cooking inside the kitchen with a presence of another guy who was helping her with her dishes. Vivian was having some fun in the kitchen, cooking some meals with Jared, the guy she know from her campus but she's got way closer with Jared after that show in Jammin' Java when Cameron diss Bridget.

Jared had his hand wrapped around Vivian's waist as she was giggling while she flipped her smoked beef off the fry pan and put them all in a plate. Vivian told Jared to serve the mashed-potatoes in a big bowl. Jared turned his body to the dining table and there he found Eric stood still, looking somewhat shock and Jared couldn't say anything.

Eric didn't say any word as the rest of the gang entered the room and saw three of them standing still in their own positions, fainted. Vivian couldn't bear the thought she has in her mind as she saw everyone inside the room. All Vivian ever wanted was giving each of them a bear hug, but something stopped her. She remembered what Cameron did to Bridget and the rage was back on her system.

"Jared, can you please leave us?" Vivian said as she tried to look away from Eric.

"Sure." Jared nodded as he put his head down when he walked passed Eric.

"What are you doing here in my apartment?" Vivian asked coldly, narrowing her eyes toward Cameron's direction.

"David wanted to tell Gio something, but we got to her house and her mom told him she was here..." Eric spoke up but Vivian stil didn't want to look at his direction.

"Really, David? What is it?" Gio asked as she looked up to David.

"Eric's right, Gee. I-I need to tell you something..." David stuttered as Gio just stood still. "I cheated on you with some random girl I met on a bar last night."

Hearing what David said, Vivian widened her eyes as she looked over Eric's direction before realizing Gio ran out of the apartment. Vivian wanted to run after Gio but Wes told her to settled her problem and he went after Gio himself. Vivian then walked toward Eric as Eric smiled.

"What happened last night? Were you drunk? How many shots did you get?" Vivian asked as Eric put a wider smile.

"You avoid me the whole 5 months, you even tried to.. You know.." Eric said rolling his eyes but the smile hadn't worn off.

"That doesn't answer my question." Vivian said coldly but her face slowly blushed.

"I wasn't drunk. I didn't want to get wasted cause you'd flipped out and well..." Eric sighed. "I miss you, Viv." Eric added as he pulled Vivian into a warm hug.

Even though Vivian wanted to stay, she tried to resist Eric's hug, its just he hugged her tighter when she tried to struggle. The more she struggle, the tighter Eric wrapped his arms around Vivian.

"I cheated on you, Eric." Vivian said, but Eric hadn't let go.

"But you care about me." Eric added as he let Vivian go and stared deep onto her eyes. "Do you love him better than me?"

Vivian was speechless, she couldn't answer the question, her back was stiffened and she slowly shook her head as Eric pulled her into another hug but she took few steps back. Vivian felt guilty more than anything. Knowing the fact Eric didn't even go out with any other girl because of her somehow crack her heart. Then she looked over Cameron's direction, and she just wanted to hug him, but the other side of her hated him so much, and that side won over her mind.

"What are you doing?" Vivian said in a most impolite way.

"Viv, why isn't Bree here?"

"After all these times you left her? You still tried to ask where she is? To whom do you sell your brain, dick head?" Vivian answered sarcastically.

Cameron couldn't say anything, he knew how stubborn his cousin is and he realized how much Vivian hated him. There was nothing he could do but to beg forgiveness as he did. Cameron told Vivian how much he missed home, how much he missed Bridget's voice and touch, but Vivian gave him no mercy.

"I just want to know how she is..." Cameron said with a hopeful look by any miracle Vivian would told him.

"She's 5 months old pregnant, she needs to see her doctor." Vivian sighed. "Now get out of my apartment. All of you." She added as the boys left.

The boys left Vivian alone as she threw herself onto the couch as Gio got inside the apartment and they comforted each other. Somehow, Gio invited Vivian to attend the boys' show in Jammin' Java but Vivian refused to, because that night, she was supposed to give Bridget some company for the baby shopping.

As the girls stayed at their apartment, the boys decided to went to their favorite coffee shop, the place Cameron and Eric used to hang out before the fame days. Cameron just parked the van in the driveway as 4 of them came inside the shop and ordered their favorite beverages.

Cameron was the first to order and since the shop wasn't that crowded, he was the first who got what he ordered as he then made his way to his favorite on the corner of the room but that spot was taken by someone else. Someone with the long brunette he recognize the laugh of. Cameron saw Bridget sitting on the corner of the shop with another guy. Cameron saw Bridget's belly bump as he then felt something was different in his system.

He wanted to reached her but he couldn't stop the question inside his mind, who that guy was, what was he doing with Bridget and everything. They looked so happy each other, Cameron hadn't heard that laugh in a long time, and that smile Bridget has he hadn't seen in a very long time reminded him of how bad he had treated her.

Cameron embraced himself to walked over the couple as his other band mate decided to take the seat on the other spot. Cameron was shaking as he was walking toward Bridget, and she noticed who was walking toward her. Bridget's smile worn off her face the second she realized who was walking toward her.

Bridget rubbed her belly slowly as she kept staring at Cameron's direction and had that little eye contact as the guy who sat in front of Bridget turned around and Cameron realized who Bridget was sitting with. It was Jason. Cameron froze on where he stood, didn't know what his mind should thought. His eyes were still set on the beautiful girl he's looking at, but his mind were somewhere else.

"What are you doing here?" Jason asked losing his temper as he walked toward Cameron.

Cameron didn't say any word, not at all. His eyes were still set on the beautiful pregnant girl he watched slowly standing up and stood still. He could listen to Jason's voice asking him question in an anger tone but Bridget caught his attention. Cameron didn't take his eyes off Bridget even until Jason gave him a hard punch on the face.

Cameron didn't try to get a punch back toward Jason's direction as he just stood there, almost losing his balance but managed to stand still in front of Bridget. Her brown long hair was pulled behind her ears and it let her grace filled the room. Cameron had never seen any girl shining that bright other than Bridget.

"Bree...." Cameron said, almost whispering as Jason stopped ranting.

Bridget hadn't let her sight off Cameron as he looked down to her belly and some tears streamed down her face. Jason ran over Bridget as he told Bridget to sit down, and she did. Cameron was still frozen on the spot he last stood, leaving rage inside Cameron's head. Even though he knew deep down he was long done with Bridget, the jealousy was still there when he saw Bridget got close with another guy.

"What is he doing here, Jas?" Bridget whispered to Jason as he shook his head.

"Bridget we need to talk." Cameron said out loud as he gulped.

"You want me to make him go?" Jason asked Bridget as Cameron walked closer to them and let Bridget talked to him.

"What do you care about us?" Bridget asked as Cameron held her hands. "Get lost, Cameron."

"I know how bad have I messed up. And..." Cameron stopped to take some breath in between his words. "I am somehow connected to your pregnancy. I felt the morning sickness and I've been craving for things I don't even like..." Cameron said as Bridget just scoffed.

"I told you about my baby..."

"Our baby, Bridget. The baby's mine also." Cameron cut Bridget's sentence.

"Cameron, I asked of your responsibility but you bailed on both of us. You asked me to kill my baby."

"I was a terrible person, but..." Cameron tried to finish his line but Bridget's hand got to him first.

"You still will be the dad, but I can't just let someone who wish me to kill my child spend his entire life around us. I almost killed myself if it wasn't for Jason. And our baby, she's had recognize Jason's voice as her Daddy's voice." Bridget said as she walked away to Jason and they left Cameron there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I typed the whole chapter by my phone,
So if you notice grammar mistake, please pardon me :)

Feedback, yes? :D

-Amelia