Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

It's not the way I choose to live

Bridget’s heart sunk when she heard the word army coming out from Jason’s mouth. As she tried to put together her pieces of mind, Cameron made a move and tried to convince Jason to be on the road with him and The Downtown Fiction. The fact that Cameron made enough money to pay Bridget’s doctor visit somehow put Jason on relieve.

Jason ignored what Cameron offered him and promised Bridget things will get better. The fact that his decision was a whole already didn’t leave Bridget any more option but to obey what Jason said. But being sent to a conflicted country wasn’t that much of a helpful solution for Bridget.

Outside the shop, Vivian, Gio, Eric, David, and Wes were standing awkwardly as Gio finally stated that she thought it would be much better if they broke it off. David realized the mistake he did so he agreed on it but he asked Gio to don’t hate him because somehow he wanted to stay best friend with Gio.

“Anyways, Ariel told me about you working at Jammin’ Java…” David said as Vivian widened her eyes.

“What?” Vivian spat.

“And she also told us about Gio working in this coffee shop.” Wes said as Vivian covered her face with her hands.

“I’m going to kill her, I swear.” Vivian said as Eric pulled her into his arms.

“Why don’t you tell us about what actually happens? I mean, we still have some times to catch up with you girls. It’s only 10 am and we wont be leaving until 7 pm. Tell us everything, Viv…” Eric tried to make Vivian explained as she did.

Vivian told the whole story, it was actually an effort to help Bridget pay her doctor and needs, since every doctor visits don’t cost cheap and Bridget runs low on her budget and it forced her to work harder, as her best friends, Gio and Vivian couldn’t just sit tight, so they decided to find a job and there they had, a barista for their favorite coffee shops.

For a moment Eric lost his mind as he noticed Jason leaving the table, let Cameron and Bridget off alone. As Jason left, Vivian stormed in through the front door and hugged Bridget as she leaned her head on Vivian’s shoulder, crying. Later on that day, Jason supposed to take her to her doctor visit but Jason had to pack stuff and leave the town by the time he was done.

Bridget’s heart was broken when she saw Jason walked out of her, but the warmth came back when Cameron touched her hands and smiled, telling Bridget he would cover all Bridget’s needs while Jason’s gone, and she realized that was what Cameron supposed to be doing since the very first week of her pregnancy. After a short debate, Bridget agreed to the offer.

As the noon greeted, Gio finished her shift and she went over Bridget’s apartment to accompany her to the doctor, and turned out Bridget had already went out with Cameron. As Gio came into the apartment, Vivian was cooking something with Eric as Gio sat beside David as he gave Gio a music sheet with some Eric’s hand writing.

“He wanted me to keep it a secret from Vivian but he brought this here.” David whispered as Gio read.

“Eric wrote this song?” Gio asked in disbelief. “Vivian’s a lucky girl.” Added her as then heard a few knocks on the front door as Wes ran and got the door.

Cameron and Bridget came back from the doctor visit with a few grocery shop and a few equipment Bridget may need when the baby was finally born. After placing a few stuff on their places, Cameron went inside Bridget’s room and asked where Vivian’s room was as Vivian led her cousin to her room and Cameron easily claimed Vivian’s room as his daughter’s room.

“What? Are you crazy?” Vivian spat as she smacked Cameron’s head.

“NO! Well, Marina deserves her very own room!” Cameron said as everyone went quiet.

“Who’s Marina, Cam?” David asked as Cameron rolled his eyes.

“My daughter! I'm going to name her Marina.” Cameron grinned as Bridget frozen on the corner of the kitchen.

Bridget could feel a little movement from her baby inside her belly but she didn’t expect Cameron to just name her baby as Marina. Even though she was happy with the fact Cameron cared about their daughter, Bridget didn’t let her mind wonder a little further, her mind was set on Cameron’s band’s tour and Jason’s gone to join the army.

She could still listen the debate between her best friend and Cameron that wouldn’t stop until the next day, but the time made them stop. When Vivian looked at her watch and it showed 6.30, she hugged Cameron tight as she slid a necklace to his neck. It was her necklace that she had been using since the first grade. In fact, Vivian got them from Cameron.

As Vivian said goodbye to Cameron, it was then Eric’s turn to be given a kiss and a hug. Eric left a note on her dining table and the note was Eric’s favorite dinner place that he would love to take Vivian with for a date, and Vivian could only shed a tear out of happiness.

Aside the room, Gio said a simple goodbye to David as Wes tried to got close to her and Gio somehow ended up giving Wes a peck on his cheek and so the boys went to tour the state. It was already the end of October, and the tour only left a few more dates before they would be truly home.

“I miss him, Vivian.” Bridget said as she dropped a tear.

“Bree, Jason would be back by anytime soon…” Vivian said as she gave Bridget a hug followed by Gio.

“No. I miss your cousin.” Bridget said as she pulled away from Vivian and Gio and rubbed her belly. “Marina is a really cute name, and I…” Bridget added, stuttering.

“What is it, Bree?” Gio asked.

“I’m a jerk, aren’t I? My fiancé is out there trying to make money for me and his daughter, yet again I'm missing the times I spent with Cameron…” Bridget cried as her other two best friends hug her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's a double chapter! Feedback?

-Amelia