Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

I've Crushed On You So Long

Bridget's POV

The Downtown Fiction was on their way up, the summer was already over and college had started. Every day I witnessed Cameron, Eric, and Devin got more serious into the band they started nearly four months ago. Seeing them putting a lot of passion into their music had been a joyful experience for me. I knew they will make it to the music industry, simply because they just have it. Especially with Vivian's skill to manage the band, they got better everyday.

"I am so tired of this accounting stuff!" Cameron grunted as we walked off our class.

"I do wish the government will soon erase the subject so our children won't have to suffer!" Eric said behind me as I just laughed it off.

"You should come to our band's practice." Cameron invited me as he handed me something, a paper, to be exact.

"What's this?" I giggled due to his awkwardness, which was so cute.

"A formal invitation to our practice!" Cameron grinned.

"Really? After all these times I've spent with you? Formal invitation?" I scoffed in disbelief of Cameron's strange habit.

"We're playing our first show this Saturday, so it will be huge!" Eric explained calmly as I jumped in excitement and hugged them both.

"Your two bestfriends will be known as rockstars!" Cameron shouted as I just gave him a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

Cameron's face was boiling the minutes I kissed him, while Eric only smiled due to our reaction, and I somehow got awkward. Well it wasn't just rumor that I dig on Cameron. But we've been best friends since we were child and dating him would be awkward, I guess that's why I never showed him my feelings.

Things between Cameron and I had been super, he's extremely happy about his band that was currently growing big. They also had made connection to their fans through internet, which I thought was splendid.

After the last class, the boys and I went to Cameron's house where Devin had already wait in the basement. The boys strum their instruments and started playing a new song they had been working for in the past few weeks, which I thought was amazing. Even though they weren't so sure about when they should put up the new song on myspace, I already knew they'd nailed everything.

"Where's Vivian?" Devin asked as we heard a sound of footsteps running.

"Sorry I'm late! Was a busy day at campus, and I kinda had to stay because it was the matter of life and death!" Vivian said, entering the room, breathing uncontrolably. "What did I miss?" She grinned as she threw her bag onto the couch I was sitting on.

As the boys played their new song in front of Vivian, she wouldn’t stop nodding her head, she was also tapping her feet to ground and she never did once stop snapping her finger to the beat the boys were making. As they finished performing the new song, Cameron’s mother walked into the basement and told us that dinner was served.

***

Cameron had been very busy the whole week. He skipped almost every class we should have taken, while Eric was the one who back him up. It was the show day, and the boys had to skip classes due to preparing themselves for the show at night. It was a chilly Friday afternoon when I sat on the park bench nearby our campus, waiting for Vivian to pick me and we were off to Jammin’ Java, a local venue where the boys would be playing.

The watch on my hand showed 5 pm and I couldn’t see any motorcycle coming across the street. I was afraid we were going to get late as within 10 minutes, a motorcycle’s engine was heard and it quickly rode down the rode and stopped by me.

“Hop on. We don’t want to miss the show, and it will start in less than 20 minutes.” Vivian said as she opened her front helmet as I quickly hop on to the motorcycle.

Within 10 minutes, Vivian and I reached the venue and we quickly ran through some people who were lining up to get in. Since Vivian was the band’s manager, she could quickly get in and I only needed to be around her.

“Finally! You freak the hell out of us!” Eric snapped his finger as he ran toward Vivian.

“Easy, tiger. I'm here. What do you guys need?” Vivian asked.

“We need you and Bridget here. Stay close, will you?” Eric said as he hugged Vivian and she hugged him back. “Don’t leave us. I'm getting nervous.” He added as he started sweating like pig.

“Bree?” Cameron called me as he walked closer to me and pulled me onto a huge warm hug.

“You guys will kill it tonight. I know it.” I whispered through his hair that was curly and flowing, covering the half of my face.

“Stay near me. Get to the front line. I want to see you whenever I feel like I'm about to pass out.” Cameron whispered as he tightened his grip on my back.

I could only smile and rub the back of his head as he slowly loosen his grip, but still pulling me close onto his body. His breath was so warm but his hands were too cold. But his lip was still as red as a cherry, and when he bit his upper lip, it looked like the upper lip looked a little more pale, but still adorable.

Vivian on the other hand was trying to comfort the other two boys who were currently in a huge nervous stage. I could spot how Devin was shaking and Eric was the one who shook even more uncontrollably. Vivian gave Eric a kiss on his cheek as she gave a very huge warming hug to Devin and also her cousin, Cameron.

They were lining up on the side of the stage as Vivian took a place on the front line, giving me some space to watch the boys with her. But I didn’t follow her right away, just before Cameron entered the stage, I pulled his hand and gave him a slight quick kiss on his lip which was a little awkward yet relieving for me.

“I will kill it for you.” Cameron whispered through the crowd as he smiled and I just went to the spot Vivian had for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you like it? Comment/Subscribe?
Send me feedback :)

-Amelia