Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

She's My Favorite Song That I Love To Play

The door was swung opened when Cameron rang the door bell and he saw Gio smiling so wide with Marina by her tail, crawling with grin that was as wide as Gio's. Quickly Cameron got inside the house, lifted his daughter off the floor and kissed her on repeat until Marina was chuckling.

"What are you doing here?" Bridget asked as Cameron stopped.

"Visiting my wife to be and my cute beautiful little daughter." Cameron smiled as Bridget frowned.

"I haven't said yes to your proposal." Bridget said coldly. "Which I'm about to do." She soften her face and walked toward Cameron.

"Daddy's gonna be here the whole time, Marrie. Daddy won't ever let you get hurt. I promise." Cameron said as he kissed Bridget and Marina sneezed on his face. "Is she sick?" Cameron asked as Gio giggled.

"No she's not. Your hair got her nose, dummy!" Gio said as Cameron blushed and let Gio took Marina off his arms.

"Where's my other baby?" Cameron said as he looked at the door. "And where's Eric..." Cameron sighed as Gio pulled Eric and the rest of the band who was eavesdropping.

Eric was somehow awkward and wasn't comfortable with the situation because Vivian doesn't forgive people just like that, and she's one hell of a stubborn girl. The bathroom door cracked open and Vivian was just on her bathrobe as Eric smiled beyond happiness. Cameron noticed the sparkle on Vivian's eyes as he ran toward her and nudged her shoulder.

"I'm still mad at you." Vivian said, turning her back to Cameron's face.

"Vivian, please forgive me." Cameron begged on her legs with a puppy face on.

"Why..." Vivian grunted. "Fine. I forgive you only if Bridget say I could."

"I already said yes to his proposal, Viv." Bridget chuckled as Vivian dropped her jaw but turned her body and ran toward Eric.

"I miss you." Vivian whispered as Eric hugged her tighter. "Dang, my bathrobe may slight off." Vivian whispered as Eric held the back of her bathrobe and closed his eyes, giving Vivian the space to just fix herself.

"Its almost dinner time, I'm hungry." David pouted as the whole room laughed.

As Bridget put Marina on her seat, she started preparing dinner with Gio and Ariel while Vivian was still inside her room and got out when the dinner was all served. As they were having dinner as a family once again, Wes announced his plan to make a party for Cameron which Vivian was gladly agreed to.

Cameron then talked about the wedding plan with Bridget which they easily agreed to married by Marina's birthday, February 14th. They were just lounging when Bridget's phone rang and it was her parents. Turned out the news was aired globally, and maybe world wide, which cost nothing for Cameron. He didn't regret anything.

"Cameron..." Bridget said doubtly when Cameron was singing Marina lullaby.

"What is it?" Cameron said as he put Marina on her cradle.

"My mom just called. The news are everywhere, including twitter." Bridget sighed. "What if the girls hate you?" Added her as Cameron chuckled lightly.

"Its not them I worry about every single time. Its you." Cameron said as he pulled Bridget close to him. "Well, I've had enough hate on twitter the whole year, yet I'm cool. And I've checked my twitter, they wanted me to take a picture of Marina." Cameron grinned as he walked back to the room and took a picture of sleeping Marina.

Cameron uploaded the picture of Marina with caption "this is the girl I wrote about in a wonderful surprise."

***

"Happy birthday Marrie!" Cameron yelled from the living room of his house.

It was Marina’s first birthday which means her parents’ wedding. Cameron was feeling beyond excited when he opened Marina’s room with gifts he brought, meanwhile Marina was still asleep on her cradle.

“Hey baby girl…” Cameron whispered as Marina slightly opened her eyes. “It’s your birthday today..” he smiled as Marina yawned.

“Wha is buffday, Dadda?” Marina asked as Cameron scratched the back of his head and Bridget walked in with smile.

“Birthday is a day when you were born, and you get plenty of presents!” Bridget smiled as she took Marina from her cradle.

“Wha pwesent do I get foam you, mom?” Marina asked.

Bridget could only smile as she took a box out of her pocket and opened it. Inside, there was a necklace with Bridget’s and Cameron’s initial name along with Marina’s as the pendant. Cameron’s eyes widened the second he saw what was inside the box. His mind played a little back further to the past, the high school years to be exact. It was his gift for Bridget on junior prom night.

Bridget gave Cameron that ‘is-it-okay’ look when she put the necklace on Marina’s neck as Cameron without further thought dropped all of the presents he brought and pulled the two lovely girls that means a lot for him into a warm group hug.

“I love you two, girls..” Cameron whispered.

“Wha do you get me, Dad?”

Cameron smiled to his daughter’s question as he started sorting the huge bag he brought in and unwrapped the present one by one. The first thing he and Marina unwrapped was a book that has the little figures in it, the second one was a music box, the next was a pair of purple shoes he found at a little store when he was on the road with the band a while back. And the last one was an unwrapped boogie doll that he got from Bridget in summer 2006.

Bridget smiled wider than ever as she leaned down and gave Cameron a light peck and stroked Marina’s hair as she walked out of her room to get the door because the bell was ringing. Behind the door, Bridget found Vivian, Eric, Gio, Wes, David, and Ariel stood with a huge grin on their faces and their hands were full of presents.

Vivian without any further thinking ran toward Marina’s room and excitedly greeting the little girl a happy birthday. Marina jumped up and down when she saw a huge wrapped box as she quickly unwrap them with a help from Cameron.

“A giant teddy beaaw!!” Marina shouted in happiness as the rest of them came in and they all unwrap the presents.

The morning went just amazing in Marina’s birthday as Cameron and Bridget remembered that it was also their wedding day. Vivian and Eric decided to get Marina prepared with her clothes as Gio and Ariel get Bridget done with her casual gown meanwhile David and Wes helped Cameron with his tuxedo and everything.

As they were done, they went to the church and got that wedding ceremony started. The preacher began the service but Bridget barely heard a word he said. Bridget was too focused on the guy standing next to her.

“Do you Cameron Russel Leahy take Bridget Sabrina Crowne to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

“I do.” Cameron grinned as he took a look at Marina that was on his mother’s lap.

“Do you Bridget Sabrina Crowne take Cameron Russell Leahy to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

“I do.” Bridget said as she looked at the same direction Cameron was starring.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. Cameron, you may now kiss your bride.” The preacher said as Cameron leaned down and kissed Bridget before they made their way back down the aisle.

“Was this the wedding you’ve always dreamed of?” Cameron asked as we were walking down the aisle.

“This was more than everything I dreamed of.” Bridget smiled as Marina ran toward her parents and asked Cameron for a lift.

“Is dis my buffday pawty, dad?” Marina asked innocently as both Bridget and Cameron laughed and shook their heads.

“No, Marrie. This is your parents’ party.” Vivian answered before Cameron and Bridget could finish their laughter. “We’re going to go to yours now!” Vivian added as the rest of the wedding attendee made their way to the amusement park Cameron had booked for the day.

It was an unusual Valentine’s day because Cameron and Bridget got two wonderful things happened. They finally managed to get married and they had that one chance to make their daughter surprisingly happy, but Cameron still managed to get both of his family and career on his grip. All the money, the fame, everything he used to think was everything meant nothing more for him whenever he’s around the two girls he promised he would protect.

But nothing had changed for Cameron and The Downtown Fiction. He’s still being on the road, living the dream of his life as musician, but he doesn’t forget the place where he started, the people he was with, and the reason behind his success. When he looked into Bridget, Vivian, and the rest of his family there, they reminded him of what life really means.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter, and I'm quiet sad it's over since it is my favorite fanfic I've ever written so far... And you can definitely see how terrible I am at writing endings..
Endings are hard :(

But I want you guys to enjoy this story, because I enjoy every single chapter of this one!

-Amelia