Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

'Cause There's No Sense Stopping Now

The new semester had already passed halfway through, but Cameron barely even showed his nose around the campus. He was more passionate when it comes to The Downtown Fiction, and less passionate when it comes to college life.

It was almost the end of the semester when Cameron decided to drop out of college and focusing himself for the music career he was pursuing with The Downtown Fiction.

It was a regular break for both Eric and Bridget when Vivian texted them to meet her up in her house for a band meeting.

“Band meeting! Cameron and I are waiting in the basement. Urgent!” – Vivian

“Get her text?” Bridget said as she finished her lemon tea drinks.

“You’re not even in the band, how could she text you?!” Eric joked as I just smacked the back of his head and he grinned.

“We still have one more class to take…” Bridget said as she bit her lower lip.

“You stay and take your class and excuse me while I go to the band meeting. Its fine, Bree.”

“Right, what about the quiz, douche?” Bridget raised her tone as Eric looked down.

“What’s important right now is my band, Bree.” Eric said as he ran off Bridget and made his way to Cameron’s house.

As Cameron reached the front door, he was greeted by Cameron’s mom who told him to get to the basement because Vivian and Cameron had already waited for him there. The minute he entered the basement, he could see Cameron was sitting on the couch that was placed there since the beginning.

By the look of Vivian’s face, it was clear that something went just wrong. Cameron or Vivian didn’t say anything at all. Eric then tapped on Cameron's shoulder as his long-curly hair was all over his face when he lifted his face up, and looked at Eric's direction.

"What's up?" Eric asked as Cameron stood up.

"Devin quit. His dad wanted him to carry on with his college stuff!" Cameron said throwing off his anger as Eric dropped his jaw.

"What about the band?!" Eric said with temper on his voice.

Cameron let out a deep sigh, motioning how desperate he was. From the look of Eric's face, Vivian knew it was their giving up kind of looks which Vivian thought it was useless.

“You don’t actually think to give up, right?” Vivian asked the boys who were desperate enough.

“We’re down one man, if you’d like to join us, maybe we’ll make it, but...” Eric said as Cameron looked up to Vivian.

“She doesn’t play instruments, you dumb head.” Cameron smirked as Eric rolled his eyes.

“Guys, just because Devin quit, doesn’t mean you two have too. We’ll find the replacement. I mean, you’re totally into music, so you can definitely find a new member.”

Cameron and Eric then looked at each other and found themselves believe in what Vivian just said. They put their games on as they stood up and gave Vivian a friendly hug. Just then, Vivian decided to make something for the boys as they were waiting for Bridget to come. Vivian then brought down some sliced brownies and orange juice plus a full mug filled coffee.

“Sweet! My favorite. Chocolate brownies and black coffee.” Eric said in excitement as Vivian just smiled.

The three of them were still talking about the band and everything as then Bridget’s voice suddenly heard inside the room. After that slight kiss on Cameron’s lip, Bridget and Cameron hadn’t spoken anything about it. Not even a word. Cameron was being a coward to confess while Bridget was too shy to even say anything first at Cameron.

Bridget brought a full bag filled with candies and chocolate, just as she and Eric loved it. When she came inside the room, she hadn’t found out about Devin quitting the band, and as Vivian told her, she quickly hug Vivian and hug the boys tight, trying to tell them that the band will always have her back no matter what.

Bridget looked at the calendar that was placed on the table in front of the couch, and she pointed at it several times before she glanced at Eric.

“Eric, your birthday is tomorrow…” Bridget said as Eric widened his eyes.

“I’m turning 18 in no time!” Eric shouted as he jumped up and down but stopped in a matter of minute. “But my band is facing its roadblock…” he added as he sat back down.

Vivian who was sitting by his side instantly pulling him into a massive bear hug as Cameron and Bridget followed her. Eric was the one who looked over bummed with the situation they were in, but Cameron on the other hand was staying positive and told Eric not to worry about anything. Cameron believed in their skill, and the fact that they have grown an internet-based-fans, he was more than sure they would make it big time.

Eric went home first as Bridget decided to stay over at Cameron’s because she was thinking to make a birthday surprise party for Eric. The only thing that got in the way was the time. Eric’s birthday was only a few hours ahead and they’ve had nothing planned. The only thing that was left on Cameron’s house was the brownies Vivian earlier baked.

“I have no idea what to do.” Vivian sighed in desperate.

“What about throw him a little birthday party? Chipotle?” Bridget suggested as the other two agreed.

As the midnight greeted, Vivian, Bridget, and Cameron were competing to text Eric, wishing him a very happy birthday, against each other, and the one who lost has to drive to Eric’s house to give him the brownies Vivian baked earlier. The last message that was delivered was Vivian’s so she was the one driving to Eric’s house. It was a chill windy night when Cameron pushed Vivian to Eric’s house front door as Bridget called Eric’s mom to open the door for them.

Eric wasn’t an owl person, so he must be sleeping at the time they arrived on his front door, just as Eric’s parents got the door, all of them went straight to his room and Cameron put the candles on top of Eric’s brownies, as Eric woke up, he was surprised by the little surprise his friends made for him. Vivian told him to close his eyes and made a wish before blowing the candles.

“Amen.” Vivian whispered as Eric blew the candles.

“What did you say Amen for?” Eric asked.

“To whatever you were wishing for.” Vivian smiled as Bridget grabbed a little piece of the brownies and smear it all over Eric’s face.

“Awesome night! Way to go, Bree!” Cameron shouted as he high-five Bridget.

“Thanks guys.” Eric smiled.

****

Cameron, Vivian, and Bridget didn’t just stop there for Eric’s birthday. They have invited some of Eric’s closest person to join their little party at Chipotle by the evening of Eric’s birthday.

The people were coming for his birthday as Eric and his best friends only enjoyed the music that was played. It was just Eric’s closest person, including his best friends and family. They were enjoying their dinner when Vivian rushed to the bathroom to wash her shirt that was covered in coke as she hit a guy.

“Smart-ass!” That guy complained as Vivian just repeatedly saying she was sorry, but still focusing on her shirt. “Vivian Young?”

“Pavluk?!” Vivian yelled as she finally stop looking down her shirt and the guy just gave her a bear hug.

From distance, Cameron was pretty confused on who she was walking to, as Bridget was still busy with her food, mean while Eric looked somehow boiled out of jealousy.

“Dude, your face turns red.” Cameron said as he pointed at Eric’s face.

“Who’s that guy she’s hugging?” Eric spat.

“Uhm, I don’t know?” Cameron shrugged as Vivian walked back to the table with the guy.

“Guys, meet my childhood mate, David Pavluk. And it seems like you guys will be close to David too…” Vivian said as Cameron stood and shake David’s hand.

Vivian invited David to sit with her best friends while she washed her shirt, and as she returned, she found her cousin was already making friend with his childhood mate.

“Viv! I think we just found Devin’s replacement!” Eric yelled as Vivian got to them.

“I play bass! And I think I can definitely play for this band.” David yelled in excitement as he let out his childish side.

****
After meeting David that night at Chipotle, the band had grown even much bigger with a lot more fans. David gained the band more fans and it was definitely a brighter convincing future for TDF. As Cameron promised, he will confess his feeling when the band got bigger and more known.

Vivian was no longer the band’s manager because of her busy schedule, and she had a better, more experienced guy managed them. After trying to put up more songs on their myspace, the band had themselves busy writing songs and interacting with the fans.
♠ ♠ ♠
So David's finally in the story! I hope you guys will like this update..
I will try to put on more details on the next chapters..
Comment/subscribe? And please feel free to send me feedback <3

-Amelia