Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

I Wanna Go Home

Cameron’s POV

Every stars’ road to fame has their own unique stories. After being in TDF for a year, I couldn’t believe my band was finally signed. We were finishing our second EP called Best I Never Had and the band spent most of the time outside NOVA, in New York.

During the past year, things have been going upside down, many things had changed as the growth of the band, more girls walked toward us and asked for a sign or just a simple picture. Things between Bridget and I worked out just well, while things for Eric and David were just as good. David had a simple crush to Vivian’s friend, Gio, and he had been chasing her for good, while Vivian herself, she could spent hours a day cuddling into Eric’s arms.

“It’s December man, I want to get home to Gio.” David pouted as we reached the dorm we were quarantined at.

“We’ve been doing the whole recording stuff for almost two months. I haven’t been home to my mom ever since.” Eric added as I rolled my eyes.

“Your mom or my cousin?” I narrowed my eyes as he just took off his glasses and made his way to the bed.

“I miss her, okay?” Eric mumbled as he killed the light on his bedside table.

David and Eric went to bed earlier as I stayed up the whole night to finish this one song I wrote that called “Oceans between us”. It was the song I wrote for Bridget when we were apart. I had to tour across America, while she had to stay home and studied. God knew it sucked for her. I knew how bad she wanted to join every tour of ours, but no cant do, that ain’t going to happen when she hadn’t finished her school.

I sang half of the song with my guitar as my phone vibrated. It was two in the morning and it was a text from Bridget, reminding me of Vivian’s birthday which the band totally forgot. Even Eric forgot the date we were on. It was December 10 2009, and it was Vivian’s 20th birthday.

“You don’t forget about Viv’s birthday, do you?” – Bridget Crowne

“I forgot what date today was! Its been a busy week here in the studio.”

“She really expected you guys to be here. She cried the whole day yesterday. She missed your stupid pranks :(” –Bridget Crowne

“I miss her too… I miss everyone back home. Everyone, especially you, Bree.”

“What are you doing now, babe? I miss that voice of yours, singing me lullabies. I miss you on my bedside.” –Bridget Crowne

I smiled to her very last text as I carry on singing the lyric I was working on and with a blink, the song was done, and Bridget was of course the first person that has to hear it. I dialed her number as I heard the cracked voice on the other side of the line and I realized she was crying.

“I miss you so bad.” She said once she picked up the phone.

“I miss you more, Bee.” I said shortly as I put my phone on speaker and I started singing the song.

Some says, that we’ll never make it
I know one day, We can over take it
And then we’ll stay, you don’t have to worry
Call me, late at night to tell me that you love me
Crying cuz you’re feeling so damn lonely
Waiting for the day
When we can hold on so tight and I’ll tell you softly

There might be oceans between us
In my heart and my mind
We’re gonna show ‘em what we’re made of
And if forever is not enough
Would you go down with me?
To the bottom of the sea

Sometimes, it’s the best of memories that
I find, make me feel the worst and we can’t rewind

Trapped inside the past
When all I want is to hold you, and hear you tell me (hear you tell me)

There might be oceans between us
In my heart and my mind
We’re gonna show ‘em what we’re made of
And if forever is not enough
Would you go down with me?
To the bottom of the sea

They’ll tell us we’re crazy
And laugh in our face
They can struggle to tear us apart
Sure this horizon is hazy
We’re pushing the pace
You wont know ‘less you follow your heart


“Cameron, that was beautiful…” Bridget said from the other side of the line as I realized she cried even harder.

“Bee, you listen to me, okay? You cant cry right now because I made that song for you. I wish I could hug you right now.”

“Promise me you’ll be home by Christmas…” Bridget sobbed.

“I will be home in no time, baby boo.”

***

“That’s a wrap, boys!” Stacy, our producer shouted as we finished oceans between us and went out of the studio. “I can tell things will be huge for now!”

“With that a wrap, does this mean we get to go home?” David asked in excitement as Stacy looked over at Greg, our manager.

“What?” Greg shrugged. “Of course. You all can go home.”He added as the three of us jumped in excitement.

“We forever love you both!” I yelled in just an excited tone.

“Tell the girls I say hi! I miss them. Especially Vivian.” Greg joked as Eric narrowed his eyes and glanced at him. “Kidding, bro!” He added as we all laughed.

We packed out things and was about to go to the train station, because we were going back home with train. It was a pretty snowy day when we got to the station and saw some of people passing through with their family, and one caught my attention.

It was a young couple. The guy was my age and the girl looks just as old, but girl was pregnant and she looked extremely happy about it. Her belly bump was so big that she was hard to walk, but she smiled wide anyways. The guy beside her was patiently walking slowly by her side as they were holding hands. Just sweet.

“Cameron, hurry! The train’s here!” I heard David yelled as I ran toward the train and we made our way back home.

****

“I wonder, will Gio be there?” David said as we got into the cab.

“Oh, by the way, have you guys greeted Vivian a happy birthday?” Eric asked as David and I smack our own heads.

“I was on the phone with Bridget last night, we were talking about it!” I snapped my finger.

“And you didn’t wish her because you were a little too carried away singing her the song?” David added as I raised my eyebrow.

“How’d you know?”

“Do you really think he went to bed?” Eric scoffed. “He was messing with my backpack the whole night, trying to find a pair of sock for his use.” Eric added as I laughed.

We finally reached home by the evening, while Eric and David didn’t go straight home because they wanted to visit their girl, well, in this case Eric wanted to wish Vivian a happy birthday while David wished Vivian invited Gio to a simple dinner. My house wasn’t crowded, it was just a simple dinner, and Vivian did invite a few people, because we notice there were cars.

I knocked on the door for a several times as my mom opened the door and I jumped onto her, pulling her into a massive bear hug, followed by my other two friends, and we were giving my mom a massive group bear hug.

As we got into the dining room, there were few people inside and I noticed some of our old friends in there. The minute I saw Bridget sat, I could only dropped my stuff and ran to her, pulling her into a massive warm hug while I repeatedly kissed her, and she blushed.

“Your parents are here, baby.” Bridget whispered.

“I don’t care who’s here, I just miss you.” I whispered back as I rubbed her hair and our forehead touched.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe?
Send me feedback, yes? Thank you!

-Amelia