Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

The Chances I'm Taking

The Christmas eve was always a special night for Cameron and his family. The fact that he was spending it with his big family who came to visit actually brought him the Christmas joy. Cameron's and Vivian's parents love to just share everything whenever they've had the time to sit down together. After a nice family dinner, Cameron and Vivian went to the basement.

"What time do you think we should get this song to myspace?" Cameron asked as he played a song on his Mac.

I forgot to bought you a present
So I wrote this song instead
Well I made it for you
Only took me a few
Cause I wrote it in my head
I forgot it was christmas..

I'm sorry its Christmas
Forgot everything on your wishlist
I promise next year won't be like this
Isn't this the time of forgiveness?

Can't believe that you dumped me on Christmas
Just because I forgot her gift
Now I'm marking the spot, on the day I forgot
Who've known it's the twenty-fifth?


The second the song end on Cameron's music player, Vivian's laugh blasted throughout the room.

"How come you wrote something like this?" Vivian said in between her laughs.

"It was actually based on my friend's experience. It was such a cliche night for him, and he got dumped by her afterward. He called me crying!" Cameron explained as Vivian bursted out laughing even harder.

"Put it up midnight! Oh God, I haven't been laughing this hard in forever!" Vivian said as Cameron's facial expression changed. "Something's wrong?" Vivian added as she noticed something was wrong.

"The band will be up for a tour by this year end. We'll start hitting back the road on 28th." Cameron said as Vivian sighed she and hug her cousin.

"You're living the dream, or at least halfway dream. But you're a signed band and I, as your cousin, and not to mention ex manager, couldn't feel more proud of your achievement."

"Don't you see? I'm going to get seperated with you and Bridget and mom also dad again."

"As long as you don't forget who you are, you'll never be seperated with any of us. Its who you are that makes you matter, bro!" Vivian said as Cameron smiled and mouthed 'thanks'

****

"That was one hell of a show!" Eric sighed as he leaned back to the couch in the backstage.

The tour had finally started and they were on tour with their Tour Manager, Dan and their live guitarist, Alan. It was their third show on the tour and they just did a show in Michigan. It was New Year's eve and 2010 was only an hour away. Another band they were sharing the venue with was taking the stage and rocked on while TDF decided to just leaned back in the backstage before hanging out with the fans on the New Year count down.

"I miss Bridget." Cameron pouted as he put on his puppy face.

"Shut up, whiner!" Dan spat as Cameron looked down to his toes.

"We all miss our girlfriends, Cam. Its just, we gotta be proffesional." Alan said as he tapped Cameron's shoulder and David decided to went out to the fans.

The count down of the new year finally began and the firework started to played on the sky outside the venue when the clock finally hit the 12 am. There were some girls who walked toward them and try to seduce them yet the boys weren't that interested in seducing them back. They were being nice, yes, but they didn't actually give hopes.

David narrowed his eyes when those girls were trying to hit him up as he play sick and decided to went back to the van. David was looking at the sky that was filled with the fireworks as Cameron joined along his side. David looked at Cameron for a several minutes before pulling out his phone and call a number, leaving Cameron in confussion.

"Hi Gio, its me, David. I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out with me?" David said as Cameron giggled and did his shotgun move.

"Put it on speaker!" Cameron mouthed as David did.

"So, Gio. Will you answer my question? Will you be my girlfriend?"

"What on earth are you talking about, Dave?" Gio answered on confussion.

"Just, answer me.." David bit his lower lip and Cameron looked concern, then there were an awkward silence.

"I'd be damned to say no." Gio answered as David jumped inside the van and his head hit the van.

"Ouch!" David grunted as Cameron laughed and the other guys came into the van.

***

Touring had been a pleasure for the boys, the fact that they've been on the road for three months made them feel like a better band. But little fights couldn't be avoided. Communication was getting more complicated than it should due to the schedule they had and phone calls were a little too hard to do.

It was March, and the band was in Denver. As they always did, TDF did a live chat for two hours due to their EP release celebration. Cameron didn't feel too well that he had to drank up glasses of green tea, and his virus somehow got to David's immune system and David also fell sick.

The girls didn't know about their boyfriends getting sick until the chat started. Bridget immediately texted Vivian and asked if maybe by any chances the boys had told her about one of them getting sick but Vivian was also in shock to know her cousin was getting sick. Just then, Vivian texted Gio and she knew nothing about the boys got sick.

The girls put on a confrence call and they ranted about the boys' attitude. The keeping secret attitude they hated.

"Maybe they just don't want us to worry..." Vivian stated.

"Well, Eric seems just fine, easy for you to say." Bridget said sarcastically.

"Bree, don't get too harsh on Viv." Gio said from the other side of the line.

"I miss them so bad, girls..." Bridget stated as Vivian and Gio released a sigh out of desperate.

"They'll be playing a show in DC next week, we can definitely come to their show there, right? I'll drive!" Vivian said in excitement as they agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I update this from the phone, so if you notice any grammar mistake or simply just a typo, please pardon me :)

Feedbacks!
-Amelia