Status: completed

Life in a Fast Lane

You Left Me Hanging Around

Bridget’s POV

Vivian was picking me and Gio up before we rode to DC for the boys’ show. It was an epic day for us since we had been looking forward to this day since a week ago, not me mention we haven’t been contacting each other than through the net since nearly two months. Viv was the one behind the driver seat and she turned on songs by boys like girls.

We haven’t told anyone in the band that we were coming to their shows, but Gio decided to text David, telling them we were on our way to the venue. Vivian was driving in speed and it scared Gio to one point as she smacked her head from the backseat and told her to slow down.

“What’s with the smack?” Vivian protested.

“You’re scaring me to death. I still want to meet Davey and everyone else.” Gio said as I just laughed.

We were only few meters away from the venue and it was only 4 pm when we got there. Some teenagers were already lining up in front of the venue as Vivian parked her car in the driveway and there we bumped onto Alan. He took the three of us inside the venue and we went straight to the backstage, where the band was hanging.

As soon as I entered the room, I saw Cameron was doing this warming up thingy, the thing I saw him doing year ago in Jammin’ Java’s backstage, when they only had few songs, and I couldn’t believe they were already signed to a record label.

Cameron hadn’t stopped warming up for his voice because he hadn’t noticed I was up in the same room as him while David was already running toward Gio’s direction and directly lifted her up, kissing the air. Eric and Vivian was having this awkward moment of no talking but Eric then just pulled her into a massively huge cuddle. Just the way the loved it.

“So apparently we’re the only ones not hugging..” I sighed as Cameron turned his back and saw me as he dropped his jaw.

Cameron couldn’t believe I was in the same room as him and he kept repeatedly slapping his own face as I ran toward him and kissed him right on his lip. He then pulled me closer and there was no longer space in between us. We were so tight, as then Dan, their tour manager, code them to got on stage. I was about to kiss Cameron when he just left me, running toward the stage with no word as I saw David and Eric were still having their little conversation with their girls, which somehow hit me.

I put on my bitter smile as I walked out of the backstage, getting my butt to the crowd as Vivian and Gio followed me. They were performing some songs from their older EP and all of their new songs from the new EP. Vivian convinced me and Gio to get to the front row by hustling all the way there as we ended up having a very good view, yet, I was invisible for Cameron.

On the last song, Cameron was interacting with some of their fans and I stood right next to his fan when he decided to smiled over the girl’s direction and missed out my hand I wished him to reach. Cameron then announced they would be hanging afterward as I realized he would be stuck in the venue until midnight.

After they were done performing, Eric came by our direction and Vivian jumped onto him, showing him some love as Gio ran to David but Cameron was nowhere to be found around them. I mopped the backstage and found him nowhere as I heard some girls were chattering about how hot Cameron was.

I could only narrow my eyes and looked over the direction they were walking from and found Cameron was talking to some girls. One of them even gave him a peck on his cheek as he blushed like mad. I remembered that blush from the elder days of him and I. seeing what he did with that girl brought me to a boiling point as I just ranted back to Gio and Vivian who were sitting on the couch inside the backstage with no one but them.

“Where’s Eric and David?” I asked as I threw myself on the couch.

“Out there, meeting up some fans. It’s always a ritual for them!” Gio answered in a happy tune.

“You don’t seem so happy.” Vivian said as I just rolled my eyes.

“Do Eric and David let girls kissed them?” I spat as Vivian and Gio scoffed to my question.

The girls thought I was being ridiculous with my conclusion as I just dragged them to the spot where Cameron was standing and there he was, giving the same girl that kissed him a peck. As much as it hurts, seeing he kissed a random girl was nothing than seeing Eric rejected a girl’s kiss because he had Vivian.

On the other side of the venue, I saw David and Alan talking to a group of girls, and instead of asking for a kiss, those girls were asking for a goofy dance. Well yeah, David and the girl were dancing, goofily, as Alan got that on record with the girls’ handy cam.

****

“Finally done!” David sighed as we walked toward their van and Vivian’s car. “See you girls at the hotel?” he added as Gio nodded.

I noticed Eric and Vivian was walking together, holding hands as I saw Gio and David shared some sweet light kisses that were repeated for a few times while Cameron was walking straight to the van and he didn’t see at my direction, not at all. Eric offered a drive to the hotel as Vivian resisted and Eric went to the van with the rest of his band.

As we reached the hotel, David came to our car followed by Eric and Cameron. But Cameron looked somehow tired and pissed meanwhile David and Eric put their happiest faces on. I had to say I envied the two girls a lot, since I always imagined Cameron being that sweet to me. Remembering the older days with him where he always talk-active and loud to me.

“Why are you being so quiet?” Cameron nudged me as we got into the room. We were supposed to share the room with David and Gio but they went to the pool first.

“You kissed that girl.” I said shortly as he rolled his eyes.

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous?”

“What am I supposed to feel? Happy?!”

“Your boyfriend is living his dream, Bree, why couldn’t you support me a little?” Cameron scoffed as he rolled his eyes and I feel offended.

“Where’s the old sweet nice you, Leahy? The guy I let him to kiss me. The guy who was ambitious yet warm? The guy who can take my reasoning…”

“You’re jealous over a fan, Bridget! How’s that reasonable?!” Cameron yelled at me as I just cried in silence. “I don’t get it why are you this stupid to actually jealous over her, I couldn’t even remember her name properly!” He added as he threw his hand to the air.

Hearing what he said hurt my more than seeing her kissed that girl. Getting his back turned on me was even harder to bear than fighting him over. He changed his outfit to a short and sleeveless tee as he snuggled into the blanket.

“Come on, Bridget. Stop crying. Why don’t you sleep by my side?” Cameron growled as I just glanced over at his side.

“Who are you?” I spat.

“I am Cameron Leahy. Here, the past few days had been a terrible day for me, so please. I'm sorry about the yell and everything, I just want to sleep.” Cameron said as he stood up and pulled me onto his cuddle and I followed him right to the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh well, here we go through the first fight!
What do you say?
Feedback yes?

-Amelia