The Sweetest Drug

Now I know It's pointless

Image
Banner By: KalliePie aka My daughter<33

Raychel's Point Of View

I stood there rolling eyes as I watched myamazingly good looking neighbor walk off.
Who the fuck did this dude think he was?
As if knowing I was watching him, he looked back at me and flashed me a grin and a wink, keeping on walking after.
This boy sure was trouble.
"Pixie my dear, I should have let you bite him."

I was about to close my front door when someone called me, footsteps following right after.
"Oh hi Christine."
The frown in my face disappeared and I replaced it for a warm smile at the sight of my other neighbor.
She was in her mid twenties with honey brown hair that reached her shoulders in curls and grayish eyes. She and her husband Robert were one of the nicest couples I have ever met.
"Hello Raychel," she greeted, flashing me a kind smile.
"I heard about the pregnancy, Congratulations."
The smile in her face grew enormously, a happy glint in her eyes.
"Thank you so much dear. I'm getting to know the sex of the baby in a couple of weeks."
"Hoping for something in particular?"
"We'll take whatever we get."
A small laugh left my lips at the words she had chosen to speak. It was typical from her. Just go with the flow.

"So, I can see you already met our new neighbor."
She was giving me a "I know there's something going on so don't try to fool me" kind of look.
"Yes he asked me for a ladder. Don't start imagining things where they don't exist."
"I'm not. He winked at you."
For as much as I tried, I just couldn't wipe that smirk from her face. She was more than convinced.
"That's because he was hitting on me okay. He."
"Uh uh..Alright. Anyway you're having dinner over tonight, and I won't take no as an answer."
I knew there was something more to it. Not just because there was nothing to commemorate, just because of the way she was acting all secretive, like she had something up her sleeve.
"What's the occasion?"
"Well," I raised a brow as she smirked and started to make her way down my driveway "We have a new neighbor to welcome."

I growled as I finally got to close my front door.
God, I should have known she was going to try to set me and Ronnie up.
But oh well. what could I do about it?

For some reason his face kept flashing in my mind all day, when all I wanted was to forget about the night ahead of me. My day off was officially a failure.
I could either keep sitting on this same couch for some more hours watching the lowest qualified ever of the series or do something of my time and start getting ready.
There goes nothing for my promise of not dressing up for tonight.
Just want to make something clear, it wasn't for him. I'm just the kind of person that looks good even when it's just to take the trash outside.
And no it isn't because he is my neighbor, I had that habit quite before I knew of his existence.
Fantastic. No I even have to justify my actions to my own self.

I let my body fall down on my bed with a loud sigh as I wandered over the ceiling. And now what?

"Hey you," I mumbled as I answered my phone to Christine.
"How excited we are."
Believe me, I mean it when I say I hate people to mock me. And she sure knew it.
"What do you want?"
"Someone is pouting right now."
"Maybe."
"What's bugging you girl?"
"I...I don't know what to dress."
I glared daggers at the phone as the sound of laughing met my ears.
"Yeah whatever it's not because of him."
"Sure it isn't. Just grab some jeans, high heels and form fitting top and get your ass here."
"But that's...normal."
"Exactly. Now go get ready."
I stared at the phone for a while after she hang up and shrugged to myself.
Normal. Alright then.

After following her instructions I looked myself over in the huge mirror on my closet.
Good enough I guess.
One eye liner, some mascara and lip loss later, I was closing my front door with my purse in hand, when something inside of it started to vibrate.
My cellphone.
I almost screamed in frustration as I saw the caller's ID.
"What now Christine?"
"Just making sure you're heading to my place."
"You creep! What are you now, some kind of crazy stalker? A voyeur?"
Chuckles could be heard on the other end.
"Let's pretend I am. Now hurry up before he arrives."
"Why would I?"
How I love the dear ole stubborn me.
"Education. Ever heard of?"
"That's bitchy. Now open the door I'm here already."

Light illuminated the front porch as the door creaked open, just as I was putting my phone back in my purse.
"Hey RayRay."
A curly brown haired guy with an amazing smile greeted me from inside.
"Oh hi Robert!"
I squealed a little as he pulled me to a tight hug, pouting as he started to laugh.
"Don't mock me you too. Where's your psychotic wife?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is out for Kallie<3 because I love her. she's my beloved daughter AND she was the only one to ask for this story to be updated.
So babe, here it is.
Kind of a filler sorry, but at least it's updated. It will get better.

And btw, if anyone is interested in knowing who I named the dog after, just ask. It's a funny answer believe me.

Comments please?
<3<3<3