Two is Better than One

chapter three

DYLAN:

Werverd High.

It’s kinda big.

Wait.

Scratch that.

It’s huge. It’s bigger than my old school. Way bigger.

“It’s huge.” I said as we entered it, our baggage in our hands. Or just in my hands. I have to carry hers. I forced her to let me carry her stuff, anyway. Not her fault if I’m acting like a complete moron right now.

She gave me an incredulous look. “Duh?” she said. “It’s a boarding school.”

That explains it then.

A girl was heading our way; a huge smile in her face. “Hi!” she greeted as nicely.

Hm.

She’s pretty, I guess. Nice blond hair. Nice hazel eyes. Nice body.

With the new girl’s expression, I have to stop with what I’m doing.

She didn’t look at me badly, she just blushed and I think she’s getting uncomfortable.

I don’t want girls to be uncomfortable with me though that would be a hell lot of fun.

“Are you guys new here?” she asked with her high voice.

Ah. Another stupid question.

If somebody look like a complete idiot, staring at the place like he don’t know where the heck he’ll go next, you don’t have to ask that silly question.

The answer is, and only that: they’re freaking new!

Hayley smiled at her. “Yeah.”

I stared at her, completely ashamed of myself. Why can’t I act like her?

Always friendly and smiling.

To other people at least.

“I’m Jenny.” The girl said, her white teeth showing beneath her full red lips. “I’m from Building One.”

Building One? What the heck is that supposed to mean?

We gave her a questioning look.

“There are five major building in this school.” Jenny explained. “Building One is for those who are smart. I mean super smart.” She pointed at us. “I know you guys are smart but not that smart enough.”

I snickered. “Me?” I breathed. “Smart?”

Jenny shrugged. “Well… You can’t be in this school if you aren’t. I mean, you can’t pass the entrance exam.”

Oh.

Yeah, she’s smart.

Jenny sighed. “You two need to go to the Front Office so you can get your schedule.”

“But what about the other buildings?” I asked her, annoyed at her for not even explaining.

She rolled her eyes. “We can talk while we walk, right?”

I see what she meant by smart.

She walked, letting us follow her like a dog following its master.

Hayley gave me an exasperated expression. “You messed up your first day.”

“Um, it’s not literally our first day here.” I told her, rolling my eyes.

“Then what is it? Our second day?”

“Whatever, Hayles. Let’s just wait for Blondie to explain us those things that she promised to do.”

As soon as I said that, Jenny turned around and faced me. “You know, you’re lucky you’re cu-.” She stopped herself for saying the thing that best describe me.

“I know.” I grinned.

“Whatever… uh..”

I just realized that I didn’t introduce myself yet.

“Dylan Johnson.” I told her.

She turned to Hayley, smiling. “And what about you?”

Hayley smiled back, making that girl’s smile a frown. “Hayley Anderson.”

“Okay. Nice to meet you.” She said. “Now, I’m gonna do what I said I’ll do. I don’t make promises.” She glared at me. “There are four major buildings.

“The second building is for the spoiled ones. Nobody wants to come near them unless you want to suffer eternal torture.” She grimaced.

“The third building.” Jenny continued, while we were walking. “is for those who are gifted with artistic skills. They’re good at arts. Sculpting, painting, whatever you wanna call it.

“The fourth is for those athletic people. They’re always into sport. They’re the ones our school sends for competition. Lately, were lacking players so we have to accept more. Oh and yeah, this guys are adored by the campus.” She shrugged then looked at me. Then away again.

This chick… Nah.

“The fifth is for the people who are interested in entertaining other people. Or just themselves. They are good singers, dancers, whatever human beings do in the stage.” Then she glared at me. “Are you happy now?”

“Why should I be?” I said. “I’m facing Medusa right now.”

“Then why aren’t you a stone yet?”

Forget it. Arguing with this crazy chick isn’t worth it.

Hayley coughed. We looked at her.

“What about dorms?” she asked.

Good question, Hayles. You may not be as smart as this weirdo in front of me but you sure have brains. Not to mention the looks.

Jenny smiled ( aka Medusa) at her. “Finally!” she said like she just hit the jackpot. “Someone is reasonable here. The dorms of the girls and the boys are separated. So-“ she glared at me. “Don’t even think about sneaking out.”

I groaned. “Why do you always look at me when you’re about to mention something stupid?”

“That wasn’t stupid.”

I rolled my eyes. “You know what I mean.”

She shrugged.

Hayley stared at her impatiently.

“I’ll explain later, Hayley.” She said.

I sighed. “Another promise to break.”

She looked at me, looking more like a monster right now. “You’re really getting in my nerves.”

Why should I care?

Hayley rolled her eyes at us.

I should stop my childish behavior.

“What building are you?” she asked me.

“Four.”

She looked at me, her eyes wide. Then she nodded to herself. “That explains the attitude.”

“Hey.” I demanded. “Hayley’s in Building Four, too!” Don’t you dare insult her, girly.

“I didn’t mean her.” Medusa replied.

Whatever.

While we walk, I stare at the places we passed.

Nice rooms. High-ceiling and pretty big.

Then we came into a stop.

“Here we are.” Medusa announced.

We stopped in front of a door that said FRONT OFFICE.

“I’ll wait outside.” Jenny told us, leaning on the wall.

I was about to say ‘Thanks but No thanks’ when Hayley knocked and flew inside.

I gave Jenny one final grin then go inside, too.

I was greeted by a bright yellow room. It was a pretty small office.

That thought lasted only for a second when I turned to my right.

It was just a waiting area. The whole room was just a waiting area.

Another door was there.

Hayley knocked then we entered.

I was greeted by a more larger room. A bunch of paintings were aligned in the walls behind the lady who was reading the newspaper.

We went to the desk then the lady looked up. She smiled at us. “How can I help you?”

“We’re here to get our schedules.” I answered.

“Oh. Right.” The lady said to herself. “What’s your name?” she asked me.

I took a step back then looked at Hayley. “Ladies first.”

The lady smiled at me.

Yeah! I’m the man!

Hayley nodded. “Hayley Anderson.”

The lady typed her name on the keyboard then the printer made a growling sound.

I took another step back.

The lady chuckled.

She gave Hayley a card and a few pieces of paper.

I did the same thing.

When we come outside, Jenny grinned.

A guy was with her now. A guy with big round glasses and almost tall as me.

Well, maybe he’s just skinny.

“Guys, this is Carson.” She introduced him. Then she looked at me. “You go with him.” Then she looked at Hayley. “Hayley’s going with me.”

Carson grinned. “I’m the one who need to accompany you to your dorm.”

I can plainly see that. No need to tell me.

Then the girls left.

I was stuck with this guy.

“So, uh, dude.” I said just so we can have a conversation. “What’s up with you these days?”

He smiled. “You might think I’m weird when I tell you.”

You already looked weird to me with your appearance, man.

“Nah.” I said without interest. “C’mon. Tell me.”

“I’m into books.” He said.

“Oh. Hey, cool. What books?”

“Mostly about Physics, Geology, Chemistry, Biology, and Astronomy.” He told me, glancing at my expression.

I didn’t reply on that and I just asked another random question before my head burst into confusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! Another chapter! Well, this chapter isn't really that interesting. I mean, I just wanna add this so you will know the other characters. Like Jenny and Carson. Oh and also some information about the school.
I think this is long so I really appreciate anyone who read this!
Please comment and subscribe (if u like)