‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 1: 'Sweetspark'

It took Ratchet, Guardian, and a wrench to the head to get Optimus back online.

“Jeez, maybe I should have asked you to sit down first.” I teased, still worried over the whole thing.

Fainting is not usually a good sign…

“Been a long time since some-bot crashed Prime’s processor.” Ratchet noted, helping Guardian sit the larger robot up.

“Nobody’s managed it since the twins. What did you do?”

I wasn’t sure if I should say it again; I might not be so lucky to be in one piece with three robots fainting…

“Ratchet.”

Turning my gaze from the grumpy medic to the more-lucid Prime, I started to feel nervous under his stare.

Was he surprised?

Disappointed?

I couldn’t tell, thanks to my own nerves.

“The AllSpark gave me a sparkling.”

If Ratchet was human, he would have given himself major whiplash at that exact moment.

What?”

Yeah, way to make me feel comfortable about it, Ratchet…

“You don’t have to; the AllSpark just thought it would be a good idea, but I’d understand if you didn’t want me for a kid. I wouldn’t want me for a kid. I get into fights at school and swear worse than a drunk sailor and I can’t even hug my brother without kneeing him in the nuts-.”

“Angel.”

I had to bite my lip to stop my ranting, but I couldn’t bring myself to look up.

“While you were offline, Sam told us many stories about your life. Mikaela explained that it was his way of coping with the possibility that you may not come back online.”

I could only imagine what he had told them, and most of those ideas were not exactly my proudest moments…

“He told us you fight so often because you’re trying to protect him, that you ‘swear’ because you can’t express how much you care about others, and that you hurt him to show you worry about him.”

Damn tears; they always come at the worst possible times…

A large metal hand curled around my back in a hug, and I managed to hold back all but one sniffle as Optimus leaned closer.

“The greatest gift and honor would be having you for a daughter.”

I couldn’t help a smile, no matter how many tears I was holding back.

“Been looking up Disney quotes, huh?”

Knowing he’d probably ask what Disney was, I hugged his cheek as best I could (improvisation is needed when hugging a large robot, after all).

“Thanks…”

“You deserve it, sweetspark.” He rumbled, content.

Guess things could have gone worse…