‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 13: 'Nightmare'

The dream was normal, at first.

In my little cocoon of thoughts, I watched dreams and memories mix, trying to entertain my tireless brain until I had rested enough for the next day.

I never could stop myself from thinking, no matter how hard I tried, but I could distract myself.

Maybe that was why I was startled by the sudden grip of darkness.

Even in my dreams, darkness was never so pressing, not since…

Terror shot through my heart, and panic bubbled up from my Bonds.

The shadows turned into claws, and I couldn’t escape the sharp cage they made.

The AllSpark’s words echoed in my brain like a funeral bell:

Your spark is now a beacon for all dead Cybertronians…

Red eyes shone out of the darkness as the voice confirmed my fears.

“It seems that the means of my destruction will be my rebirth.”

I felt suffocated as the cage clamped around me like a vice, struggling as my fears turned to the familiar fury I always felt when threatened.

“I won’t bring you back!” I raged.

“I won’t, and there’s nothing you can do to make me!”

“So sure of yourself…”

His grip slowly started to crush me.

“We’ll see how long it takes for you to beg.”

The urge to scream was growing; it felt like he was crushing my heart instead of my body, and the agony was intense.

Angel!

I was caught between joy and hysteria at his voice.

“Jazz!”

All I saw were bright blue eyes and a flash of silver before he cried out in pain.

“JAZZ!”

Something like pain tore at my heart, something deeper than I was used to, and I snarled as my rage flared to new heights.

“Get-Out.”

I don’t know if it was me, or if the AllSpark gave me the strength, but a burst of energy came out of my body and flung Megatron away.

“This isn’t the end, girl.” The shadowy behemoth warned angrily, a wounded demon.

With one last shove, the darkness was gone.

“I think it is.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up without Jazz singing nonsense in my head was more terrifying than I thought it would be.

‘Jazz? Jazz?!’

With the possibility that he had been hurt becoming very real, I felt tears well up in my eyes.

‘Jazz…?’

I didn’t know I had been holding a breath until his voice filtered through my head along with everything else.

It’s alright, Angel…I’m here…