‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 14: 'Lullaby'

Optimus had been troubled ever since it happened.

When his daughter’s terror had registered through their Bond, he had never felt so panicked.

The urge to protect her from whatever had frightened her overwhelmed all logical thought, and he could not help feeling helpless knowing that there was nothing he could do.

Keke had been shaken ever since, in her own way.

Sleep eluded her, and her temper was on a dangerous edge thanks to the lack of rest.

The sparklings, sensing her distress, were doing their best to help, as was Guardian, but nothing was working.

Optimus was considering calling Sam for advise in the morning when someone knocked on his passenger-side door.

Startled, he pulled himself back to the present and realized who it was.

“Angel?” He voiced, window lowered so he could be heard from the radio.

Keke looked smaller than he was used to; she had a way of making herself seem bigger than she was, thanks to the force of her personality.

Twisting the hem of her Batman shirt, Keke rubbed sleepily at her eye, averting her gaze.

“I can’t sleep…”

Sensing her discomfort, Optimus opened the door, inviting his child inside.

Her smile was bright and relieved as she scrambled inside of the warm cabin, already relaxing at the close proximity of her father’s spark.

The door closed gently as the window rolled up, giving a sense of privacy as she crawled into the small bed at the back of the cab.

Curling up under the waiting blanket as the soft mattress conformed to her tired body, Keke sighed, eyes half-lidded with sleep.

“Thanks, daddy…”

“Whenever you need me, sweetspark, I’ll be here. Never hesitate to ask.”

Nodding, she drifted off to sleep as a gentle lullaby came from the speakers…

Little child, be not afraid/though rain pounds harshly against the glass/like an unwanted stranger, there is no danger/I am here tonight…