‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 15: 'Rebirth'

Staring at Jazz’s mended body, I couldn’t help but trace the scar across his torso where Ratchet had welded his armor back together.

It had taken so long, but now that I was sitting on the immobile chest, faced with the empty pit of the spark chamber, I didn’t think I could go through with the whole thing.

Relax, Angel.

My shoulder slowly unwind as I let out a pent-up breath, stilling my shaking hands.

Ya can do this. Just do whatever the AllSpark tells ya, and I’ll be outta yer head in no time!

‘Good riddance.’ I thought jokingly, though I wasn’t sure how I felt about the idea.

I might actually miss the annoying ass rooting through my thoughts…

“Are you ready?” Ratchet wondered.

Looking from him to the empty spark chamber, I nodded, opening my chest.

As the light from my spark spilled out, I hesitated.

It is alright, Sparkchild. Merely reach in with your left hand and Jazz with move into your palm.

Carefully, I did so, the glyph shining as it passed through the outer shell of energy around my spark.

Jazz’s presence felt like holding something small that was fluttering against your fingers, and I paused.

Pull him out. Don’t hesitate.

Gathering my courage, I tug.

Pain lances through my entire body, but I grit my teeth and keep pulling until there’s a sliver of blue light floating in my hands.

Breathe some of your life into him, then place him inside.

With my hands cupped around this flutter of life, I blew gently, lighting it like an ember in a campfire.

Gently, I lowered the spark into the chamber, pulling back as the mechanism closed, nurturing its new power source as the body below me rumbled to life.

I couldn’t help smiling as the visor lit up.

“Hey, little lady…”

Jazz chuckled as he poked my shoulder, careful of my closing chest plates.

“Yer a lot smaller than I remember…”

Without looking, I grabbed a beanbag from my back pocket and beamed him in the visor.