‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 16: 'School'

Summer was coming to an end.

Every child noticed; summer meant freedom, but the coming of fall signaled the return to school and strict rules.

I just didn’t expect this.

“You’re sending me away?”

I must have looked like a kicked puppy, because daddy hugged me closer to his chest, trying to soothe me with the hum of his spark.

“I want nothing more than to bring you with us, but an education is something we can not provide you on Diego Garcia.”

I knew better than to ask about being home-schooled; Diego Garcia was a military base, after all, and on an island.

Most teachers might not want to take the trip.

“And Captain Lennox has assured us that you will be well taken care of with his wife.” Daddy continued, trying to warm me up to the idea.

“Hey, at least yer not gonna be alone!” Jazz reminded, grinning.

“Guardian and ol’ Hide will be there in case something happens.”

“What about the sparklings?” I worried.

“They’ve never been more than a few rooms away from me since their creation. What if they can’t handle it?”

“I’ll take care of them.” Ratchet assured.

“They’ll be needing more battle-ready frames as it is.”

“And you’ll be able to visit every other weekend.” Daddy informed.

With a sigh, I looked up at their saddened faces



And caved.

“Oh, alright…It can’t be that bad…”