‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 22: 'School Sucks-Part Five'

After a good two minutes of being crushed in Cory’s hug, I finally escaped into my Biology class.

Cory really didn’t want me to leave…

Looking at all of the two-person desks, I found a free spot and dropped my bag onto it.

The girl I was sharing the desk with looked up from her book (I think it was on art-an art history textbook?) and nodded in greeting.

Returning the gesture, I sat down, pulling out notebooks and a pencil for doodling.

There’s never any notes to take on the first day of school anyway.

I was just putting the finishing touches on Bumblebee’s alt mode when someone bumped into the back of my chair.

The pencil tip went wide, cutting a dark line through the Camaro’s hood, and my right palm itched dangerously.

I was not happy.

Turning in my chair to properly chew out the asshole that ruined my drawing, I realized he hadn’t even bothered to notice.

He was more interested in my not-amused desk partner.

“Hey, babe. Where have you been all my life?”

“Hiding from you, apparently.” She replied, not even looking up from her book.

The boy (probably a Sophomore, since Biology isn’t normally a Freshman class) seemed insulted.

“Now, that wasn’t very nice.”

He grabbed her arm, and she glared up at him with dark blue eyes, not looking the least bit intimidated.

“Why don’t you apologize by going out with me tonight?”

“I don’t think I will.”

“You little-!“

Sensing that this was going to get ugly very quickly, I butted in.

“She said no. Back off.”

“Stay out of this, squirt.”

My eye twitched.

No one calls me squirt except Ironhide!

And giant alien robots are the only exceptions to my rules!

“Maybe if you weren’t such an asshole, I wouldn’t have to.” I shot back, scowling.

“She’s not interested, and I don’t have the patience to listen to jackassanese, so just get the fuck out of my face before I make you.”

He seemed stunned, unable to come up with anything to say, when the teacher finally arrived.

“Alright, everyone! Get into your seats!”

Watching him fume and stalk off to a seat far in the back, I turned back to my desk partner.

“You didn’t have to.” She voiced, as if unsure of my motives.

“But what’s the fun in doing things I have to?” I replied jokingly.

“He didn’t hurt you, did he?”

“I’ve had worse.”

A chill went down my spine when she said that, though I didn’t know why.

“My name’s Lola.” She introduced herself, holding out a hand to shake.

“Keara.” I answered, accepting her offer.

“But friends call me Keke.”