‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 27: 'Leaving'

I was practically falling asleep, warmed by Bumblebee’s hood as I traced constellations.

Dinner had been hours ago, and I had retreated outside with Sam to spend some time with Bee.

I might be a bit rough with him, and he might call me the Devil’s daughter, but we had moments where we were civil to each other.

True, those moments were rare, but we had them!

“Keke?”

Pulled out of the light nap I had drifted into (I find that the beating of a spark is more relaxing than a heartbeat), I looked blearily up at Sam.

“Hm?”

“Bee and me have to go.”

I latched onto him worse than a leech onto an unsuspecting traveler, unwilling to release.

“Don’t want you to go…” I murmured sleepily, too tired to think clearly.

“I know, Keke, but we’ve got to. I promise we’ll come back next weekend, alright? And we’ll stay all weekend then.”

Reluctant, I let Sam go, rubbing sleep out of my eyes as a large metal hand lifted me off of Bee’s hood.

Curling into Ironhide’s palm as the warmth made me drowsy, I yawned, waving goodbye as Bee’s engine started up and he started driving back towards Tranquility.

They’d come back; Sam promised…