‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 28: 'Girl Power'

“Hey, Keke!”

Sighing, I looked up from tying my sneakers to see what Cory was shouting about across the girls’ locker room.

“Do you think I could put my entire fist in my mouth?”

“…Why?”

“Why not?”

“…Good point.”

Pushing myself up, I grabbed my bag and motioned for the others to head out in front of me.

“You probably could, if you coated your fist with applesauce first.”

“Great idea!”

As I face-palmed, Moe and Fae giggled at Cory’s enthusiasm.

Lola rolled her eyes as Ami struggled to keep from grinning, leading the way out through a side exit.

“Where do you think I could get enough applesauce?”

“I’m not getting involved in your-.”

A movement caught my eye out of the peripheral, and I picked up my pace, tapping Cory upside the head.

“Company.”

Her eyes flickered across the nearly-empty parking lot, and her smile became forced as she pulled Moe and Fae into a friendly, protective embrace.

Noticing the change in our demeanor, Lola scanned the area as she fell back with Ami, forming a protective circle around our non-combative friends.

My entire body tensed, right hand itching and threatening to transform, as we were surrounded.

I recognized the jackass that had ticked me and Lola off the first day of school, and guessed that the other muscle-bound idiots were his ‘friends’.

“You didn’t think you’d get away with making a fool out of me, did you?”

“You didn’t need our help to make a fool of yourself.” I retorted, feeling Ami and Lola press closer on both sides as Cory probably closed the circle securely on the other side.

“Leave, while you still can.” Lola warned, face carefully blank and uncaring.

“What are you gonna do? Slap us?” Another boy questioned, causing all of them to laugh.

“Why don’t you come over here and find out?” Ami challenged heatedly.

The poor fools decided to take her up on that offer, and we struck.

My battle protocols whirred to life as I ducked under a punch and slammed my elbow into the boy’s solar plexus, knocking him down and effectively winding him.

Ami, using what she had learned in karate, kicked her own attacker in the side of the knee before grabbing his punching arm and throwing him over her shoulder.

Lola, well-instructed in Tai-Chi, redirected the swing at her face and brought the heel of her hand up to crack her opponent’s nose with a gush of blood.

Cory, unreserved as always, tackled the last boy right off his feet, pinning him to the ground and twisting his arms behind his back.

Standing over the jerk, I pressed my foot down on his chest in warning.

“Wanna rethink your plan?”