‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 29: 'Proud'

“Human femmes are rather frightening when angered.” Ironhide noted, more amused than anything.

“I expected no less from the femmeling that offlined Megatron.” Guardian voiced, proud.

“Shouldn’t you two be upset with me for beating up a kid and getting suspended?” I asked, looking up at the large Autobots as I swept leaves off the porch.

Will had been unhappy, but not about me fighting; he tore into the principal about calling him in and being told that it was my fault that me and my friends had gotten jumped in the school parking lot.

It didn’t stop me from getting suspended, but the length of time was significantly shortened.

“You defended yourself from a threat.” Ironhide explained.

“I’d have been disappointed if you played dead.”

“You and your friends did the right thing.” Guardian assured.

“If you had let them get away with such a thing, they likely would have done the same thing again.”

Knowing she was right, I felt better about what had happened.

“And I’m sure Prime will appreciate your teamwork.” Ironhide added, smiling.

“Despite only knowing each other for such a short time, you certainly trusted each other to do what was necessary.”

I couldn’t help being impressed by them, either; we had done exceptionally well, and none of us had been hurt.

“I guess we did alright.”

A smile pulled at my mouth.

“Better than those idiots, at least.”