‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 3: 'Sparklings'

“Midnight, leave Sparky alone! He’s smaller than you!”

The large SUV released the struggling phone-bot with a chastised whirr.

It had taken a lot of persuading to convince Ratchet to let me out into the base, and even then I was only allowed into the ‘playroom’ that had been made for the sparklings.

Sparky chattered angrily as he skittered to my side, clearly embarrassed that he couldn‘t handle his younger sibling.

Scooping the irritated little mech into my hands, I nuzzled him, giggling.

“Silly bot.”

Huffing, Sparky pulled away, even more embarrassed, as Virus, the X-Box-bot, laughed at him.

Grinning, I lifted the startled femme into my arms and cuddled her close, kissing her helm.

Wriggling and whining in embarrassment as Sparky started snickering, Virus scrambled for an escape as I giggled.

Indiana Dew (I half-named him after Indiana Jones when, after Sam tried to intimidate him with some ‘karate’, he shot the boy in the stomach with a can of Mountain Dew) started laughing outright at the situation.

“Don’t make me come over there and give you a hug!” I warned playfully.

Squeaking in mock-horror, the mech hid behind Guardian’s lounging form, peeking over her back as the cybercat laughed at our antics.

Once Virus was free, the other sparklings ran to Guardian for cover, their joy and love pulsing through the Bonds.

Since I was forbidden from leaving my armchair (Ratchet threatened to cuff me to the hospital bed without visitors if I so much as put my feet on the ground), I could only shake my fist at them and laugh.

“Darn, and I wanted to hug you, too!”

Squealing happily, they hid further behind the hysterically-laughing Guardian, and I couldn’t help hugging my sides in laughter as her hilarity filled my chest.

The door opened, and I didn’t even have to look up to see Sam and Mikaela’s confused expressions.

“…Don’t make any sudden movements…” Sam advised, backing out slowly and pulling Mikaela with him.

“They could snap at any moment…”