‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 4: 'Young Love'

I am sorry for not informing you of my presence earlier. The transfer and destruction of my shell were rather draining.

Ya can’t blame me fer gettin’ my aft outta the Well ‘a the AllSpark. It wasn’t my style.

‘You could have told me you were dead, though.’ I thought back moodily, slumping in my hospital bed.

‘Ratchet thought I was insane for a second there…’

Aw, that can’t be right. He thought ya were crazy back when we first met ya!

‘…You are horrible at making people feel better.’ I retorted, unable to keep from giggling.

Jazz’s chuckle echoed through my head, and it almost felt like he poked me.

Yer a horrible liar, little lady.

‘Oh, shove it.’

If you two are quite finished.’ The AllSpark interrupted, sounding like a tired parent with two quarrelling children.

‘Sorry…’

We’re done…

I’m glad. There is much I need to tell you about what my presence here means.

Bracing myself seemed like a good idea around that time…

In order to transfer my sentience to your spark, I needed to merge with it on a certain level. This means that some of my powers are now at your disposal.

‘Really? Like what?’

Jazz’s presence here should answer that well enough.

My eyes widened to the size of dinner platters, I’m sure of it…

Your spark is now a beacon for all dead Cybertronians, and any that can latch onto it, like Jazz, will grow strong enough to be put back in a frame.

‘…You’re a leech, Jazz.’

Now, that ain’t nice! I’ve been a perfect gentle-mech this whole time!

‘Oh yeah? What about yesterday, when you started singing ‘The Song That Never Ends’ while I was talking with Ironhide?’

I couldn’t resist!

I faintly heard the AllSpark say something as Jazz and me delved into another argument.

Oh dear…