‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 6: 'Overprotective'

Hoover Dam, though only a temporary base of operations, was doing rather well.

Sure, it had some damage from a pissed-off Harbinger of Death busting his ass out of stasis, but the entire structure was still sound.

Most of my things had been shipped over once everything had been explained to my human parents, everything except…

“Where’s my computer?”

Lennox looked like a deer caught in the headlights as I marched into the room.

“Um…you see…”

Well, that couldn’t be a good sign…

Will…” I growled, crossing my arms.

“What did you do?”

“They insisted, I swear! I couldn’t say no!”

Oh God, no

“You better not be saying what I think you’re saying.”

Before he could respond-.

“MUNCHKIN!”

And my entire world came to a screeching halt.

My cheeks burned with embarrassment as my mom ran across the hanger to hug me, and I glared at Lennox over her shoulder when he grinned.

I pointed at him and mimed slitting my throat before pulling back from mom’s crushing hug.

“Hey, mom. I wasn’t expecting to see you.”

“Oh, I wanted it to be a surprise!” She replied happily, pulling me towards dad and Sam, who were loaded down with boxes.

Yeah, great surprise…

“I couldn’t believe how many things you had!” Mom continued, oblivious to anyone’s discomfort or annoyance.

“Sure, I knew you loved your computer and your drawings, sweetie, but I had always hoped you’d gotten more into feminine things-.”

Oh God, this talk again…

“Like clothes, or maybe make-up! You’re so pretty, but it never hurts-.”

I kicked Sam in the shin hard enough for him to yelp, the boxes in his arms shaking dangerously.

“Oh, would you look at that! I’ll just help Sam get this to the playroom!”

Without waiting for a response, I hefted some boxes from Sam’s grip and dragged him away like the Devil himself was cussing at our heels.

His complaints were ignored until we were surrounded by the curious sparklings, and I proceeded to kick him in the shin again.

Hard.

“Why in the name of all that is pure and holy did you not warn me?!”

“Dad took my phone as punishment! But Bee commed Optimus!”

“And you expected him to tell me?! He knew I’d make a run for it!!”

Feeling the sparklings’ concern, I pushed away my own irritation to soothe them.

“It’s alright, sweetsparks.” I cooed, running a hand over their helms, careful of the bandages.

“Why don’t you go watch ‘Hercules’ again? I’ll be there soon.”

Are you sure ?” Midnight wondered, looking from Sam to me worriedly.

“I’m sure. Why don’t you take these boxes over there in the meantime?”

Hesitantly, the large femme and Indy did just that, and I pat their armor reassuringly before turning on Sam again.

“What are they hoping to get from all this, anyway?”

“I…might have told them about your new dad…”

“…”

“…Keke?”

WHAM!

“Are you insane?! What in the universe possessed you to tell them that?!”

Rubbing his chest where I had punched him, Sam struggled to catch his breath.

“They tricked me, I swear! I didn’t mean to! Wait, what are you doing? Where’d you get a whiffle bat? Wait, don’t be rash-!”

BAM!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once all of my anger was drained, and Sam was done complaining, we made our way back.

Seeing my human parents talking with my Cybertronian parent was like a new nightmare.

You see, no matter how much they humiliate me at every turn…

“Just be careful with her. She’s fragile!”

“Our baby girl can only take so much.”

They are always worse when they get overprotective…