‹ Prequel: Birth of an Angel

Transformers: Moments

Moment 8: 'Panic'

Guardian’s engine rumbled in a lazy purr as I lay against her side, sheltered from the outside world by her large form.

Staring at the glyphs on my palms, I mused over their meanings.

My right palm read ‘Death’, which made sense, considering it shifted into a cannon, while my left read ‘Rebirth’.

What could that mean?

Remembering the burn on my chest, I traced the third glyph idly, recalling the meaning: ‘Life’.

Keara?

Sighing, I let my head fall back into her side, half-smiling at her concerned expression.

“Things keep getting so complicated…”

Oh, femmeling… ” The cybercat cooed, nuzzling my side.

Everything will turn out alright…

“And if it doesn’t?”

My eyes burned with tears, and I rubbed in a futile attempt to keep from crying.

“Wh-What am I supposed to do? Wh-What if I try to put Jazz back and I just mess up and he dies for real because I can’t handle that Guardian I just can’t-!”

Whoa, calm down!’ Jazz soothed, calming the pounding of my spark against my ribcage.

Ya won’t mess up, Angel.

‘H-How can you be so sure?’ I wondered, unable to keep my chest from shuddering with repressed sobs as Guardian purred comfortingly.

I trust ya. Everyone knows that if ya put yer mind to it, ya get the job done.

Trembling, I hugged Guardian around the neck, curling into her warm plating.

‘I’m not a miracle-worker…’

Maybe, but I know yer not gonna give up; that’s enough for me.

A smile pulled at the corners of my mouth as the episode passed.

‘…Thanks, Jazz.’

Anytime, little lady.