Status: Activeeeeee :D

The Inbetween.

Walking Away

As Stefan left, I stood by my body, which was soon whisked away by the police M.E. My sister had finally been retrieved from the ferris wheel, and she stood sobbing next to dad. As for dad...he looked shell shocked, like he didn't believe this was happening, any of it.

I walked over to them slowly, people passing by me and through me as I made my way. I stopped directly in front of them, eyes on Rachael. I reached out to hug her, but my arms just...passed through her body. She gasped a little, and I noticed goose bumps appearing on her arms.

I bit my lip...I missed them already...
I sighed, frustrated...but there was nothing I could do. I knew it.

I lightly kissed my dad on the cheek, whispering "I love you," to each of them before starting my walk back to my house.

There weren't many people out on the sidewalk this time of day...most were either at the carnival or at work. There were a few people who passed me, and from what I heard...news travels fast.

I looked down as I walked, kicking a stone along the way. I startled a poor elderly lady who was waiting on a bus...after all, under what normal circumstances would a stone be moving along the pavement, seemingly on its own?

I sighed again. I heard somewhere that if you sigh too much, your soul leaves you.
'Obviously not,' I thought with yet another sigh.

I quickly rounded a corner, now on the driveway of my house. I didn't bother trying to open the door, but instead tried materializing through it. I found myself in the living room, and slumped on the couch, exhausted.