Status: Activeeeeee :D

The Inbetween.

Home.. But Not As I Knew It.

I walked in the direction of my house slowly, trying to chew everything over in my head. It didn't make sense.. All of the factors just.. Didn't add up.
Who was that man, and why would he kill us?

Hesitantly, I stood outside the house where the party had been.. Through the front window, you could see the stairs and a large bloodstain on the carpet.
From me..
People had been scarred for life, and they thought it was just some accident. Well, even some thought it was a suicide..

I carried on walking until I got home and, on the railings that surrounded my front garden, were cards and gifts..

'Stefan R.I.P'

'God Rest Your Soul'

'We Loved You, Stef!'

What.. What the hell? Half of these people didn't even know who I was.. There was a little knitted doll looking like me, and mugs with my face..
Then, I saw it..
In the corner of the mass, too small for anyone to notice, there was a small black envelope. I reached down to open it and, to my surprise, I could hold this..
Inside was a small scrap of paper, reading -

'How were your last 5 minutes?"

A sudden gust of wind blew the scrap out of my hands, and I stared after it for as long as I could see.
Then, I walked into my house slowly.

Mom was on the sofa, sobbing over a picture.
I walked up behind her, examining it, and sighing sadly.

It was a picture of me at her and dad's wedding, all dressed up in a black suit. My hair was shorter then..
And it was the same suit I was buried in.

I made my best effort to hug her, to tell her everything will be okay.. That I would come back to her in time..
I sat there for hours, just listening to her sobs..
♠ ♠ ♠
...