Status: Activeeeeee :D

The Inbetween.

The Graveyard

I eventually found the strength to get up again. My mom had come home a wreck, crying and sobbing. I had to leave...I couldn't face them...

I went first to the church. I didn't go inside because it was after hours, but I just stood there, for maybe an hour, just staring at the cross. I was startled back to reality when the flood lights kicked in, leaving me temporarily blinded. I stumbled away slowly, sitting on a nearby bench.

I looked up at the clock on the main theatre building...midnight. I sighed, resting my head on my hands. What do ghosts do to keep them from going insane?

I slowly walked around town. At this hour, everything looked...dead...

I shoved my hands in my pockets, heading for the one cliché place for ghosts to go: the graveyard. There were two in this town, so I went to the one that didn't have Stefan's grave. I didn't know if I could go there again...

I sighed, looking up at the sky as I passed under the large cast iron gate. His funeral...his mom was a complete mess. I had stayed for as long as I could, trying to comfort her. After the official reception was over, I had escaped my parents and headed back to where he was, collapsing by his grave. It didn't seem...real...

I had left him something...a small, handmade gift. I had sewn together a little black heart, fashioning it into a keychain. I had planned on giving it to him on his birthday, but...

I shook my head, looking at the names on the graves as I passed them. I soon left that cemetery, heading for the one where Stefan was buried.