Status: Activeeeeee :D

The Inbetween.

Not In A Kiss.

I slowly picked myself off the dirty and worn carpet, running the back of my hand over my stinging eyes to rid my tears..
Maybe, just maybe, Amanda would still be alive..

Jesus, Stef, pull yourself together.. I couldn’t help feeling like a chunk of me had burned and turned into ash and could never be replaced.
I looked around the house and then moved over to a photo from a year ago that now had pride of place on the mantelpiece. I looked so innocent.. That was when my hair was shorter and my cheeks were still a little chubby.

Image

Somehow, it made me happy to look back on when my life was perfect. That was before the bullies or the teasing, before the party, before this.

What even was this?

I blinked another rogue tear away and walked slowly out of the front door, looking around the rooftops before my gaze slipped down and I saw Amanda on the grass.
“Mandy?”
I screamed it, but my voice came out as a hoarse whisper like that of an old man. My heart, though it hardly beat, filled with a warmth I couldn’t even describe. It felt wonderful.
But, right now, she needed my help, and I had to give it to her.

My legs, though tired as hell, made me sprint over to my one and only friend and lower myself down next to her, raising Amanda’s beautiful head.
“Are you okay? Mandy?”
I scooped her up and slowly walked back into the house, knowing full well we should run and hide somewhere else. All the same, she didn’t look well and we couldn’t just camp out in my front yard, we’d be sitting ducks.
So I laid her down on my couch and concentrated hard on not letting her fall through.

“Mandy?” I asked again, slapping her face a little. She was barely conscious and hardly breathing, like, at all..
I leant over her, pulling her head back, breathing deeply down her throat. It felt wrong being in this position, and not in a kiss..