Status: Activeeeeee :D

The Inbetween.

The Carnival

We went to a carnival a few days after Stefan's...accident...
I hadn't been quite myself, and my family was worried, so my dad decided to take me and my sister to the carnival that was in town. As soon as I stepped out of the car and was greeted with the obnoxious music and smell of food, my mood brightened a little. Carnivals had always been one of my favorite places...

My sister insisted on riding the new ferris wheel, dragging me along with her. I looked down at her, amused, as we stood in line.

"You're lucky I'm over my fear of heights, ya know that?" I asked her, playfully ruffling her hair. She huffed at me, swatting away my hand and fixing her hair to its messy perfection before smiling at me.

We were soon strapped into the ride, seat buckles securely locked and the safety bar down. That's when something strange happened.

Everyone vanished. There were no sounds, smells...nothing. I glanced around, confused.
"R-Rachael?" I called out, fighting against my seat belt.

I froze as a tall, hooded figure appeared before me. He was grinning, from what I could tell, as he told me, "You have 5 minutes."

Then everyone came back. I blinked, shaking my head as I turn towards Rachael, who was calling my name with a concerned look on her face.

"You ok? You spaced out there for a minute."

I nodded at her, replying "Fine," before turning to face forward. The ride engineer checked our seat before giving the all clear, and we were up.

As we neared the top, I admired the view of the carnival, the park, the city...

Then Rachael screamed. The safety bar had come unlocked, and was now loose and very dangerous.

"Check your seatbelt!" I yelled at her over the wind. She did, giving me a thumbs up. I then checked mine, finding it was loose. I frowned, reaching to tighten it when I felt a cold hand pulling down hard on my ankle. I let out a surprised shriek, barely gripping the side of the car before plummeting the height of the ferris wheel. I looked over at Rachael, tears streaming down my face. God, this is not how I want to die...

"I love you, Rach," I managed to squeeze out, looking at her sadly.

I felt another strong pull on my ankle, my grip slipped from the stupid plastic...and I was falling.