Status: Active:D

The Taste Of Your Lips Is Enough To Keep Me Here

*** you.

Jacks POV

-TIME LAPSE -

“-We started making out. She took off my pants. But then I turned on the tv…. And that’s about the time she walked away from me!”

I groaned and slapped my hand around on my desk a few times before it finally hit the off button on my alarm clock. I cracked my eyes, adjusting to the light pouring in from my window. Wearily, I slung my legs off the side of the bed.

“Jack! Breakfast! Get up! Now!” My aunt called from the outside of my door.

“Uh, ‘Kay Kara. Just a sec.” My voice cracked. After changing into my outfit for the day and brushing my teeth, I started on my hair. I squirted mousse into my hand and ran it all through my straight hair. I then sprayed hairspray on my fingers and pulled random pieces of hair to make them stick up everywhere.

After adding a final coat of hairspray, I observed myself in the mirror. I was wearing grey skinny jeans, black converse, and a black Jimmy Eat World t-shirt. I nodded at myself, grabbing my bag.

“Jack! Get your ass down here!” Kara’s distant voice screamed. I rolled my eyes and jogged down the stairs. I was met by an annoyed looking aunt. I smiled sheepishly and walked toward the kitchen, grabbing a piece of toast and packet of dark red liquid she had on the counter for me.

Kara’s human, but she knows about me and doesn’t mind it. My mom was a human too, I inherited the gene from my father. I looked up at her. She shook her head.

“You’re gonna be late, hun.” She sighed and tossed me her car keys. I normally walk to school, but on rare occasions Kara would let me drive her car. I yelled a ‘Thank You’ over my shoulder while running out the door, slamming it behind me.

-TIME LAPSE-

I stood at my locker grabbing the necessary books for my first class when I felt a hand tap me on my shoulder. I turned around with a huge grin, expecting it to be Alex. I was surprised when I looked into bright green eyes instead of soft brown ones. A muscular guy about my height was standing in front of me, giving me an odd look.

“Um, what ya so smiley for?” The guy furrowed his brows. I noted he had a deep voice.
“Sorry, I was… expecting someone.”

“Oh. Well, I’m new here. My locker’s below yours. I was just wondering if you might be able to show me where my first class is? If it’s no trouble.”

I nodded, taking his schedule from him and looking for his first period class. I pointed down the hall.

“The hall’s a dead end. The class on the very end on the right is the class you’re looking for.” I handed his schedule back to him, and noticed his disappointed expression as he slowly took his schedule from me.

I raised an eyebrow and was about to ask him what was wrong when I saw a familiar head in the group of students now flooding the hallways.

“Alex!” I called, smiling. He met my eyes for maybe half a second then looked away and walked in the opposite direction. I felt my heart sink.

“..Well I’m gonna get to class. See ya….” The boy next to me drifted off.

“Jack.” I told him quietly, my eyes still on the back of Alex’s head.

“Jack.” He smiled and I returned it halfheartedly. “I’m Payton.” I nodded and mumbled a hey.
“See you later.” He grinned yet again and walked off, which I barely noticed. I was deep in thought about why Alex could possibly want to ignore me. Had I said something?

Oh fuck. Was it because of that dream I had about him? No.. He hadn’t seemed too upset about that. Maybe he didn’t see me. Yeah, that’s probably it.

-TIME LAPSE-

If only I knew how god damn wrong I was. That continued the whole day of school. It was now lunch, and Alex hadn’t looked at me once. What could I have done that was that bad? Alex grabbed his tray and began walking over here. I smiled a bit.

“Oh, Alex. I-“ He walked past me and dumped his tray in the garbage can next to the table I was sitting at alone, then swiftly walked away without making eye contact. I felt my face begin to burn and my eyes water. Ouch, Alex. That’s harsh.

I angrily stood up from my table and walked over to Alex.

“Fuck you.” I spit glaring at him. I saw a slight hint of hurt in his face but I didn’t care. I stormed out of the cafeteria, jogging down the long hallway to the bathroom.

I flung the door open and walked over to the sink, splashing water on my face. I sat down in one of the stalls and let a single tear fall, before deciding that if Alex was going to play this game, I sure as fucking hell could join.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. Alex's an ass, huh?
This chapter's kind of short, but I have an excuse! I had a shit ton
of homework today. Algebra, Science, History, Literature, PLUS studying.
Gah.
I kind of hurried this chapter, so I'm sorry guys. Hope yah still like it?
My subscribers and commenters mean the world to me<3
It literally made my day to read new comments after I got home from
a long day of bitchy teachers and the such. :'D
It seriously means a lot to me. I hope you guys stick with me through
the entire story. That would be amazing(:
If you can tell me the name of the song in the beginning
without cheating I will love you forever. ;D
Anywayy, What do you guys think? Comments=Chapters.
<3 Aubrey