Status: will be continued soon!

Replace My Heart

You're Safe from the Weight of the World

Alex sat alone at lunch, kindly turning down any offer to be accompanied. He ate quickly, shoving the food down his throat hastily. He wanted to go see Jack. The younger boy said he didn’t have any friends, and Alex wanted to be there for him.

When he finished his milk, Alex threw his trash away and pretty much ran to his and Jack’s room. He stopped at the door, hand on the knob as he quietly unlocked it and entered the room. Peering around the room, he found it empty, and a pang of disappointment coursed through him. As Alex turned to exit the room, he heard a small whimper coming from the bathroom. As he stepped a little closer to the bathroom door, he heard another whimper and a small hiss, followed by a groan.

Alex knew Jack was on the other side of the door, so he knocked on it.

“Jack, are you in there?” Alex asked.

“G-go away,” Jack responded. Alex heard him sniffle.

“Are you okay?”

No response.

Alex pushed on the door, finding it unlocked. He saw Jack sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall with blood dripping from his arm. Jack’s eyes met Alex’s, and the older boy stumbled over to Jack, grabbing toilet paper and dabbing at the blood.

“Did you do this to yourself, Jack?” Alex asked breathily. Alex had tried cutting before, but the pain was too much to bare that he didn’t bother with it again. Sitting with a silent, pale Jack made Alex remember it, and a tear slipped out of his eye.

“Jack, please talk to me.”

Jack merely looked at Alex, eyes filled with tears. The bleeding had finally stopped flowing from Jack’s wrist, and Alex threw away the toilet paper. Wetting his fingers, he wiped the dry blood from the cut, and took a risk.

He looked Jack in the eyes one last time, before closing his own eyes and placing a soft kiss to the fresh cut.

“You don’t ever need to do this again. You said you didn’t have any friends. I’m going to be your friend, and I don’t care if you don’t want me to be,” Alex said, looking at Jack again.

Jack nodded, looking weak. Alex took another risk, and pulled the younger boy into a hug. Alex felt a small smile come to his face as he took in what was Jack. His smell, his warmth, the way he gingerly wrapped his arms around Alex’s back.

Jack was broken, and damn it, Alex was going to fix him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I know I'm not Dez, but I decided to post something 'cause she's been busy, so yeah. It's not the best, but whatevs.