Empty Beds

"And I know you have a heavy heart, I can feel it when we kiss: so many men stronger than me have thrown their backs out trying to lift it. But me, I’m not a gamble; you can count on me to split. The love I sell you in the evening by the morning won’t exist."
  1. One.
    I said that name and skipped a heartbeat. I said it with a second chance and a forgetful smile.
  2. Two.
    The same ghosts that keep me awake haunt your nights just the same, all dressed up in black and grey.
  3. Three.
    Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted.
  4. Four.
    But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there.
  5. Five.
    Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away.
  6. Six.
    For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.
  7. Seven.
    I don’t need a god. I have you and your beautiful mouth, your hands holding onto me, the nails leaving unfelt wounds, your hot breath on my neck. The taste of your saliva. The darkness is ours. The nights belong to us.
  8. eight.
    Passion has little to do with euphoria and everything to do with patience. It is not about feeling good. It is about endurance. Like patience, passion comes from the same Latin root: pati. It does not mean to flow with exuberance. It means to suffer.
  9. nine.
    Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up