Status: Active (:

Together We Are Strong

Sign Up For Dumbledore's Army.

Harry had planned to gather anyone who wanted to learn from him in the Hog's Head. He thought it was mad, because everyone thought he was a nutter. But by the looks of it, a lot of people were keen to learn. Harry, Ron and Hermione walked in and looked around at all the people.

"Erm, hi." Hermione said. "So, we all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who has had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts."

"Why?" A kid asked.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you toss pot." Ron said.

"So he says." The kid said.

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione said.

"So Dumbledore says because he says." The kid said. "The point is, where's the proof?"

"Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed." Roger Davies said.

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric so if that's why you're here, you might as well clear out now." Harry said.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus charm?" Luna asked. Everyone paused to look at her.

"Yes." Hermione said. "I've seen it."

"So have I." I said.

"Blimey, Harry. I didn't know you could do that." Dean said.

"And he killed a basilisk." Neville said. "With the sword in Dumbledore's office."

"It's true!" Ginny said.

"Third year, he fought about a hundred dementors at once." Ron said.

"And last year he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh." Hermione said.

"Wait." Harry said. "Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help."

"He's just being modest." Hermione said.

"No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff, in real life is not like school." Harry said. "If you make a mistake in school you can try again tomorrow but out there when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes... you don't know what that's like." Harry sat down.

"You're right, Harry. We don't." Hermione said. "That's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance of beating... Voldemort."

"He's really back?" Colin asked. Harry nodded. I stood up confidently and signed my name at the top of the sign up list, underneath the words 'Dumbledore's Army' and many students did the same. Every single one of them signed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Weeew! I love the DA! :D
-Ellie x