Status: Active (:

Together We Are Strong

DA Meetings.

All the students stood in two lines in front of the wooden death eaters, Harry and Neville in the front.

"Expelliarmus!" Neville said. Instead of the wand in the death eater's hand flying away, it was Neville's. We ducked as it flew over our heads. "I'm hopeless."

"You're just flourishing your wand too much." Harry said, raising his own wand. "Try it like this. Expelliarmus!" The death eaters wand fell to the ground.

-

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal, it's sort of a wizard's bread and butter, really. So, come on Hayley. Give me your best shot." Harry said. I grinned mischieviously.

"Stupefy!" I said and Harry flew backwards.

"That's great! Not bad at all." Harry said, recovering. I nodded. "Ron, Hermione. You try." They walked out into the center.

"It's alright, Hermione. I'll go easy on you." Ron said.

"Thanks, Ronald." She said and they went to opposite sides of the room.

"One sickle." George whispered to Fred.

"You're on." Fred said. Ron opened his mouth to say a spell when...

"Stupefy!" Hermione shouted and Ron cried out as he flew backwards. Everyone laughed. George handed a sickle to Fred.

"Thank you." Fred said.

"Shut up." George said. I chuckled.

"I let her do that." Ron said to us. "Good manners, isn't it? It's completely intentional." I nodded.

"Sure it was, Ron." I said.

-

People were getting questioned as Umbridge was suspicious of our group.

"Now focus on a fixed point and try again." Harry said to Neville.

"Expelliarmus!" Neville said, nothing happened. Harry kept walking around and checking everyone.

"Bloody Filch, he's always hanging around outside the room." I whined. "Isn't there a Weasley product we can slip him?" I asked Fred and George. They grinned. "I'll take that as a yes."

Later, they left a box of chocolates that made him sprout boils all over his face.

-

I stood and watched Filch slam another decree into the wall. 'Those wishing to join the Inquisitorial Squad for extra credit may sign up in the high inquisitor’s office.' Malfoy and his minions stood behind me. I turned and saw them looking at each other.

"Hayley." Draco said, smirking.

"Draco." I said, then rushed off to the next DA meeting.

"Diminuendo!" Colin said and the death eater turned into a tiny little death eater.

"Working hard is important but there's something that matters even more." Harry went around correcting people's stance and the way they held their wands as he spoke. "Believing in yourself. Think of it this way, every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now. Students. If they can do it, why not us?"

We all stood in a circle, a wooden death eater in the center. We would send them backwards and whoever it ran into, they must perform a spell to push it away and so and so on.

"Expelliarmus!" Luna said.

"Stupefy!" Neville said. It ran into me after his.

"Reducto!" I shouted. It exploded into tiny bits of dust and fell through the floor. Everyone stared at me. I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fuck yeah, badass magic. Awkwardness between Hayley and Draco. Yeah.
-Ellie x