Status: Active (:

Together We Are Strong

He's Back.

I ducked under a rock, dodging a curse that a death eater threw at me. I grabbed Hermione and pulled her across out of the way as the rock we were behind smashed.

"Keep down and out of the way." I said. She nodded and I threw some curses at a nearby death eater.

At a time of crisis, I wasn't so good at apparating, but I could fight. I ran around the two centre pillars and grabbed Ginny and pulled her down.

"Get to Hermione and keep together." She did as she was told and I ran to get Luna and told her to do the same.

I soon had gathered all the kids, except Harry who stayed with Sirius and fought Lucius and another death eater. Tonk and I stayed with the kids and fought off any death eaters who came close to us. Bellatrix flew around the room cackling. Sirius knocked Lucius to the ground just as Bellatrix pointed her wand at Sirius.

"Avada Kedavra!" She yelled and the light disappeared from his eyes. I ran to stop Harry.

"NO!" He screamed. "SIRIUS!"

"Harry, you need to calm down." I said, but he kept screaming.

Sirius fell backwards and disappeared into smoke. He struggled and tried to run for Bellatrix but Lupin came to aid me and held him back. I ran after her as she disappeared.

"Hayley, stop!" Lupin yelled after me, but I ignored him. "Hayley!" I heard Harry following me.

"I killed Sirius Black!" She chanted and laughed evilly. "I killed Sirius Black! You coming to get me!"

"Crucio!" Harry screamed and she fell to the ground and gasped. I ran and stood a few feet away from her. Harry stood right next to her.

"You've got to mean it, Harry." Someone's voice echoed through our heads. I covered my ears. "She killed him. She deserves it." I looked at Harry then at Bellatrix. "You know the spell, Harry."

I heard someone behind me. I didn't want to move. I knew who it was. He walked past me and stood behind Harry. I couldn't speak. I wanted to scream, but nothing happened. Lord Voldemort stood in front of me.

"Do it!" Voldemort hissed. Harry quickly turned to throw a curse at Voldemort but he threw Harry's wand to the ground and mine too. He walked to me and held his wand at my neck. "And who might you be?" He asked.

"Don't touch her!" Harry yelled.

"H-Hayley Amsterdam." I stuttered, my voice quivering.

"Ah, Amsterdam. Your mother works in the Ministry, doesn't she?" He said. I nodded slowly. "Your father was a good man. Didn't want to join the right side though." He paused and shoved his wand deeper into my neck. "Pity." Tears fell down my face. "Crucio!" I screamed and fell to the ground. The pain bursting in my neck hurt more than anything else. More than anything I've ever felt. I writhed on the ground, screaming for the pain to stop.

"Please!" I begged and screamed. "Stop please!"

"Leave her alone!" Harry said and the pain stopped. I panted and gasped. I looked up and Dumbledore had come through one of the fires.

"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom." Dumbledore said, lowering his wand. "The aurors are on their way."

"By which time, I shall be gone and you shall be dead." Voldemort said.

Bellatrix ran backwards and disappeared into the fire that Dumbledore just came from. Voldemort and Dumbldore cast at each other, their spells caught mid-way. I scrambled backwards. Dumbledore threw me across the room into an unlit fireplace. I hid and watched the wall. Different colours and sounds burst everywhere. Red, then blue, then black, then green. Then, glass smashed and fell everywhere. I looked around the corner and Voldemort gathered up all the glass into a ball in the air and threw it towards us. I shielded myself behind the fire then looked back. Voldemort disappeared into dust.

I got up and slowly hobbled towards Dumbledore. Suddenly, Harry gasped and fell to the ground.

"You've lost old man." Harry hissed, but in Voldemort's voice. Harry screamed and moved around on the floor.

"Harry." Dumbledore said on his knees. "It isn't how you are alike. It's how you are not." I stood and watched. "Harry." The other kids ran in as Harry stopped moving.

"You're the weak one." Harry whispered. "And you'll never know love. Or friendship. And I feel sorry for you." The dust on the groud lifted up like a thin barrier around Harry.

Then, the aurors and members of the Ministry came in through the fires and stared as all the dust gathered up in a small tornado and disappeared.

"He's back." Fudge breathed. I stared at him as if to say 'Oh really? I hadn't noticed'.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long, long chapter. Since all this epic-y stuff is happening.
-Ellie x