Status: Active (:

Together We Are Strong

A Secret Weapon.

I sat at the table and stared at Crookshanks who was licking his lips. I frowned.

"This is very, very peculiar." Sirius said to Harry. "It seems your hearing in the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizengamot."

"I don’t understand. What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?" Harry asked. I kept my head down.

"Show him. He'll find out soon enough." Moody said from the corner. Mr. Shacklebolt handed Harry the Daily Prophet. It was an article titled 'The Boy Who Lies' which then changed to 'Fudge: "All Is Well"'.

"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well. Fudge is using all his power, including his influence on the Daily Prophet to smear anyone who thinks the Dark Lord has returned." Sirius said.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"The Minister thinks Dumbledore is after his job." Lupin said.

"That's insane! No one in their right mind would believe that Dumbledore - " Harry said.

"Exactly the point, Fudge isn't in his right mind. It's been twisted and warped by fear. Now fear makes people do terrible things, Harry. The last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear." Lupin said. "Now that he's returned, I'm afraid the Minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth."

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again." Sirius said. "Fourteen years ago he had huge numbers at his command, and not just witches and wizards, but all manner of dark creatures. He's been recruiting heavily and we've been attempting to do the same but gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in." Moody cleared his throat. "We believe," Molly stopped chopping vegetables and looked up at Sirius. "Voldemort may be after something."

"Sirius." Moody warned.

"Something he didn't have last time." Sirius said.

"You mean, like a weapon?" Harry asked.

"No." Mrs. Weasley said, walking towards Harry. "That's enough. He's just a boy!" She took the Prophet in front of him. "You say much more and you might as well induct him into the Order straight away!"

"Good! I want to join!" Harry said. "If Voldemort's raising an army, then I want to fight!"

"See?" Sirius said, leaning back in his chair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short-ish chapter. Eh, what can you do.
-Ellie x