Status: Active (:

Together We Are Strong

Umbridge.

I sat in the Great Hall with Harry, Ron and Hermione. I didn't want to sit with Fred and George, they were giving me funny looks. I kept my head down and twirled a bit of cake around on my plate. The whole table sat away from us, they thought Harry was crazy because of the Daily Prophet.

"Good evening, children!" Dumbledore began. The loud murmuring across the hall stopped. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We are pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures, while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave." I frowned. Hagrid on leave? Something must be wrong. "We also wish to welcome out new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge." A plump woman in all pink smiled. "And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. As usual, our caretaker, Mr Filch, has asked me to remind you - " Professor Umbridge cleared her throat. Everyone turned to look at her down the staff table. She stood up and walked towards Dumbledore.

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge." Harry said.

"Thank you, Headmaster. For those kind words of welcome." She stopped. "And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me." I looked around. Everyone's face looked stony. "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"That's likely." The twins and I said. They looked up at me as we spoke in unison. I looked away quickly, burnt by their harsh glares.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected and prune practises that ought to be prohibited." She giggled and headed back for her chair.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating." Dumbledore said.

"Illuminating? What a load of waffle!" Ron muttered.

"But what's it mean?" Harry asked.

"It means the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts." I said.

---

I sat in the common room with Neville. One of the only ones in the room would accept Harry. Or in the twins case, me. I layed a red 5 card down. Diamond. He put down a red 5. Spades.

"I win." He murmured, gathering up the cards.

Harry entered the common room and everyone stopped talking to look at him.

"Dean, Seamus, good holiday?" Harry asked.

"Alright." Dean said. "Better than Seamus'." Seamus stood up and threw a copy of the Daily Prophet onto a small table.

"Me m'am didn't want me to come back this year." Seamus said.

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"Let me see, ah because of you!" Seamus said. "The Daily Prophet's been saying alot of things about you, Harry. And about Dumbledore as well."

"What, and your mum believes them?" Harry asked.

"Well, nobody was there the night Cedric died." Seamus said.

"Well I guess you should read the prophet like your stupid mother, it'll tell you everything you need to know." Harry snapped.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!" Seamus said.

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar." Harry said.

"Harry," I said, standing up.

"He is mad, Hayley! Do you believe the rubbish that he's coming out with about You-Know-Who?" Seamus said.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do." I growled. "Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?" The room kept silent. "That's what I thought." Harry went up to the dormitries and Ron followed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, hate Umbridge, hate fighting with Seamus, hate hate hate!
-Ellie x