Status: One Shot.(;

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

I slammed the door and grabbed my beer. Fucking idiot. Why the hell am I in love with him? I slipped off my Converse. I looked at his muddy footprints then rolled my eyes. I set my beer down and put my hair into a ponytail. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a wet paper towel and started cleaning up Max’s footprints on the wood floor.

Max and I are the perfect example why not to fall in love. Especially, when I /was/ his best friend on tour and then feelings started. We always knew it wouldn’t work out so I have no idea why we even tried. I grabbed my phone and dialed his number.

“Hi.” He said.

“Can you come over and get your stuff?” I asked.

“I’ll be there in 15.” He hung up. We had nothing to loose, but now we’re loosing each other. And that’s not right. I looked at my beer. I shook my head and went to my room. I saw the bear he won me at the carnival in South Beach. I walked over and sat on my bed then sighed.

I looked at the picture on Max and I. It was our first kiss as a couple. It was on the beach and Josh had taken the picture. My auburn-brunette hair was blowing in the breeze and Max’s arms were around my waist. A tear fell down my cheek.

I looked at the picture of when I met him. My brother Jack took the picture. All Time Low, Hey Monday, Cartel and You Me At Six went on tour. I’m the merch girl for All Time Low, and Vinny is the merch guy for All Time Low. Max came up to the table and I was flipping him off cause I thought he was a fan who wanted to get in with me to meet the band. I have my middle finger up and Vinny has a huge grin on his face while you see the back of Max’s head. Yeah… I’m not a girl you fuck with.

The doorbell rang and I got up. I went down the stairs and opened the door. Max stood their with a box of my stuff that I’ve left there. I took the box and let him in. He knew where his shit was, not me. I sat on the couch with my box of stuff.

I stared at the box as Max got his shit from my house. When he was done, he sat next to me on the couch.

“I’m sorry.” I said.

“It’s ok. We knew it wouldn’t last.” He said, “But can we still be friends?”

“Yeah.” I said. That’s better then just forgetting him forever. Which we both knew was impossible.

“Just, don’t move.” He said and got closer. I looked over at him and he kissed me.

“Just something to remember.” He said and got up.

“I’ll text you later. Bye Chels.” He said and left the house.

******************

I got out of my car and walked into the venue. You Me At Six was playing at a local place. I saw Max playing guitar and he was singing into the microphone. Yeah….I was a little late. They started playing a new song, according to Josh.

“If one drink, could make tonight, slip my mind then I should drink up, so I can forget that I haven't lived my life. You are an example of better things to come. So why wait on some other escape, that leads me nowhere fast. I've got to ask.”

“You've got nothing to lose, except for me and you. And I love that attitude. When you know I can do, I’ll do better than you.” Is it about me?

“If one drink, could make tonight, slip your mind then you should drink up, so you can convince yourself that I am cute. We are an example of, why not to fall in love. It takes a turn and then it hurts more than you could dream of.” It is about me.

“Well you've got nothing to lose, except for me and you. And I love that attitude. When you know I can do, I'll do better than you. You've got nothing to prove, oh no wait yes you do. You wear it so well that we think it's true.” Oh my god.

“You can't stay I want you gone, for pulling the carpet I was standing on. Here's the exit, exit, exit. You can't stay I want you gone, for pulling the carpet I was standing on. Here's the exit, exit, exit. You can't stay I want you gone, for pulling the carpet I was standing on. Here's the exit, exit, exit.”

“You've got nothing to lose, except for me and you. And I love that attitude. When you know I can do, I'll do better than you. (we are an example of.. why not to fall in love)” The song ended and I looked at Max. He was looking at me. He smiled a little. I waved and he smiled a little more.

The concert ended after 7 more songs and I went backstage. Max walked over to me.

“I told you, I’m sorry.” I said drinking water.

“I know, and I told you it’s ok.”

“Then why did you make me sound like a total bitch in the song?” Even though I am.

“First, you are. And second, we both knew how it was gonna end. We saw how it ended.” I nodded. He pulled me in for a hug. I missed him.

“I need to leave.” I said pulling back, chocking back tears.

“I’ll see you around?” I nodded and smiled.

“Bye Chels.” He said and I left. I left and that was the best decision I made in a while. I ran to my car and sped off to Jack’s house. I knocked on his door and he opened it.

“Call him up. I’m ready to move on with my life.” I said and walked into his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kinda old, lol. I wrote this back in February/March. What do ya think?