Status: In Progress

Blind Date

..These Situations Are Irrevlent Noww!

“Jess, I still don’t see what’s so cool about this site.” I told her as she sat me down at her Mac computer and opened up a website called myYearbook. I didn’t understand the meaning of it. I was really only on Twitter but that was it. I didn’t really like Facebook as it was so if this was anything like that then I knew I wouldn’t like it. Jessica just smiled and began making me an account.

“The cool thing is, is this is where you could quite possibly meet a guy you really like on here” She said with a smile as she finished registering me. She insisted on me filling out all of the about me parts of the profile, then she made me change my background and stuff and uploaded a picture of me. I sighed and shook my head. I knew my best friend was enjoying this but I was still doubtful that I would like this site. Anyways, I wasn’t big into boys like we both used to be back in high school. Now we were 19 and 20, and I didn’t really care that I didn’t have a boyfriend. I was in college for fashion journalism and cosmetology and I was really trying to focus on that. It also didn’t help that I had an internship at the New York office of Teen Vogue. My boss even said that if I kept up my good work and stayed loyal to the company that there was a big chance that I would be able to become a fashion writer for the magazine, which was my dream job.

When Jessica finished she smiled and looked at me, “Looks like you’re done” She said with a huge grin. I couldn’t help but laugh slightly and nod.

“Sounds good” I said when my phone started ringing. I sighed and knew that it was my boss. I took it out of my coach bag and answered it.

“Hello?” I asked. I heard her say something about how I needed to come in and help with the outfits for Miley Cyrus’s photoshoot. I told her I would be right in and put my iPhone back in my bag.

“I need to run in and help with something. I’ll get on tonight and we can video chat” I told her. Jessica nodded with a smile.

“As long as you don’t get in too late” She teased as I stood up and put my bag over my shoulder and stood up before going out her door and out to my Mercedes Benz, CLS and hit the unlock switch before getting in and starting the car up. Once I was pulled out, I headed to the Teen Vogue office.

I had gotten there within 15 minutes, an impressive time since I hadn’t sped like I normally did when I had gotten a call to come into the office. I flashed my ID at the front desk and went up to the 15th floor, the one where the office was. My boss, Katie Strickland was looking through the possible wardrobe. I smiled and walked over to her.

“I’m here” I said with a huge grin. She smiled over to me and clapped her hands together.

“Wonderful! Now, what I need you to do, is sort through, there are these three racks, just sort through and have one rack for accessories, one for tops and one for bottems. And then look through and put a piece of tape on the stuff you think Miley should wear tomorrow” She said. I nodded with a smile and went to work. It was easy for me. If I saw something I liked while I was sorting the stuff out, I put tape on it, which made things a lot faster for me. I had mainly picked out the really girly, classy style. I still had my hopes up that this ‘slut’ phase of Miley’s would me a little less than a phase and be over quickly.

I was done within a couple hours since there was a lot of stuff. I smiled and wiped my hands on my skirt before going into Katie’s office. It was about 10:30 at night so I knew she would let me leave, but just in case, I was going to ask her and make sure.

“Hey Katie, I finished…is it alright if I leave?” I asked her, leaning up against the door frame. She looked up from her paper work and grinned at me.

“Yeah, that’s fine. Also, you don’t have to come tomorrow, you have the day off” she said. I smiled and nodded, adjusting my purse on my shoulder.

“Thank you” I said before turning around and walking to the elevator, pressing the down button. It took a few seconds before the door opened and I stepped into the vacant elevator.

Once it closed, I took out my phone and texted Jessica, telling her I was on my way home. I knew she would be excited for me to finally be doing the match game thing. I still couldn’t believe that she wanted me to play it. I may talk to the guy on there, but I highly doubt I would end up with him. Really, why would you try to rely on the internet to find the right guy for you when you could just go out and try to meet new people? That still completely confused me.
The elevator door opened to a very unusual empty lobby of the building we were in. I waved bye to the doorman before going outside to my car and unlocking it. One thing that I didn’t like about living in New York, there was always a high risk of getting your car, or something in it, stolen. I always had my doors locked but everyone knew that that didn’t mean anything.

After I had pulled out of the parking lot and went back to my apartment, I went into my room and turned on my laptop before I decided to change into a pair of Juicy sweatpants and a t-shirt that I never worn anymore before actually seeing if Jessica was on. Sure enough she was, so I hit video call before getting on myYearbook and logging in.

“Heya girly” She said with a smile. I just shook my head since I couldn’t see her, but I knew that she had a smile on her face. That’s just how Jessica was.

“Hey...so what do I do to do this match game?” I asked her, trying to look at all the buttons at the top. She laughed.

“Hit the blue ‘Blind Date’ button” She said. I laughed nervously and nodded.

“Right..” And clicked on the button. A set of instructions came up and like usual, I read through them before beginning on the game. I set everything so it was right, and I hit search. There were a few cute guys right away, but none that looked my type. I picked one and put him in the number one spot. I did the same with two more guys and then I found a guy that should have looked familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. He was 26 and lived in New York. I smirked. He looked like the emo type, which I knew that I would never match with so I decided to put him in there for the fun of it. The last guy had a shoulder length choppy black hair and his face was pale with dark eyeliner around his eyes. He was flipping off the camera and his nails were painted black. When the blind date button became blue, I pressed it.

I went through answering all the questions and when I was done, I was shocked, pure shocked. The only match I made was the emo guy. His name was Ronnie Radke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks everyone for reading! I hope you guys liked it! Though I did write it at like 2 am...but I still liked it!

Also if you could comment and tell me what you liked and what I can do to make it better? I'd loovveee that!

Brie's outfit