Status: Slow updates.

The Long Road

One

There wasn’t an explanation on how the cancer started or how long would she have, it was just a simple “You have cancer” and they left her in the hospital bed in till she took her last breathe. My mother was always there for me, her soft voice telling me to be strong I will always miss. I never had a father, he was found dead the day before I was born and his family never came to visit me. My mother said I had no family on her side, it was just her and my husky, Mollie and I.

After about 7 months of going from school to the hospital, she took her last breathe and told me that same quote she always said “Stay Strong”. It was a week in to the death of her as I finally sucked it up and went to visit her grave. I only had my journal and some clothes and my IPod with me in the duffle bag, that’s all I need, some clothes and two things I love the most. As a finished wiping the salty droplets on my face, I walk out to my new family.

My new parents where the cutest couple and had been ready to adopt a new son as well as bringing me in to the family. I wasn’t afraid to let myself go in to the hands of someone new, I know my mother is always around me somewhere, either in my heart or above me. I glanced up to Carson, who I now call Daddy, and nodded my head I was ready to move on.